Loosing Weight for IVF

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by MrsLearmouth, 11 October 2010 Social URL.

1. MrsLearmouth

MrsLearmouth Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Guys

I am off to my first meeting tonight. Me and my husband have been trying for a baby for about 3 years and finally had a fertility appointment today, only to be told while they would offer us IVF, they wont until my BMI is 30, it's 38 at the min.

While I new this was coming, it has still really upset me! On the plus side I am a million percent determined to be nearly there, if not already, by the appointment in 6 months :)

Just wondered if anyone else was doing this in order to qualify for IVF?

Zoe xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Just wanted to say good luck! Sticking to the plan and exercise should see your BMI drop down quick enough :D

4. Hippngrvy

Hippngrvy Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Hi there! I'm not in exactly the same situation as you, but similar... my husband and I don't qualify for IVF because I already have 2 kids from my previous marriage, but we are planning on having IVF in about 18mths-2yrs time privately; and I want to get to a healthier weight and be at goal well in advance! I was overweight when I got pregnant last time and even tho I was quite ill with pretty much all day sickness with both of them, and hardly ate anything I still manage to put 5 stone on in each pregnancy! So I figure if I lose some pre-pregnancy it wont be as bad when I have had the baby! Good luck with the weight loss, and with the forthcoming IVF; infertility is hard enough to deal with as it is - but it will be a good motivation for you to stick to ww xx

5. size102b

size102b Banned

Hi I had infertility problems tried 8 years for my eldest and remember the hurt. I have pcod and weight us a high problem for many suffers. I was one step away from IVF my consultant wrote to the clinic fir referral he put me on one last clomid treatment ( I'd done that for 4 years 2 years before) and I feel for my eldest. Second daughter took 18 months naturally and youngest 10 days, I never thought after 8 years of trying I'd have them so I always say keep trying.
    Weight wise each time I feel pregnant I lost 2 stone so it's worth doing, I was bmi 44.5 in march now it's I think 35,so it soon goes down.
    Goodluck and I hope you get your babies ( everyone ) xx

6. Louisa78

Louisa78 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(36.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to the board :)

You will get lots of support here, everyone is very friendly and lovely/ Just dive on in and make yourself comfortable.

I lost 4 stone before i fell pregnant with my daughter and its a great thing to focus on.

I wish you all the luck with your weight loss

x

7. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I know my next door neighbour had IVF for two babies. Her consultant told ehr that she may fall pregnant if she lost weight, and needed to lose for IVF anyway. She decided that they were wrong, and that loads of overweight people have babies, and did IVF privately, very overweight. Then was told by a surgeon she had to lose weight before she could have her knee op. As soon as lost the weight, she was pregnant with the 3rd. She then lost all the weight again for her op, and fell with the fourth! So I think losing weight to help concieve is a really good thing to do. NAture is a wonderful thing. It knows it is dangerous to concieve when overweight, so doesn't aloow the body to do it. You go for it. That BMI will soon go down, and what an incentive! I relaly wish you all the best!!

8. CherrySummer

CherrySummer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck with your weightloss!! and you're ivf! my baby sister is an ivf baby! x

9. coley144

coley144 Creating my life

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(33%)
    Diet:
    No diet. Pregnant
    I lost my weight for IVF. Didn't get to BMI 30 in time (turned 40) but now have just started IVF with BMI 34 (am paying). My private clinic has a max BMI of 35.

My advice is lose as much as you can. You are 5'8 so your BMI won't be as far off as mine was. Go for it!

10. CLH_X3

CLH_X3 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(9.48%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im TTC, just started going down the whole FS route.. :mad: Im on my 15th month.

Im TTC so that when it does happen I wont get massive but also to increase my chances of it actually happening!!

Good luck with your weight lose and IVF!..My fingers and toes are crossed for you.

11. kazza1980

kazza1980 Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.45%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    hi hun

I too am losing weight for Ivf. i have had 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles but unfortunately have miscarried on my last 2 cycles. im waiting on recurrent miscarriage testing but have decided not to go ahead until i have lost 3 stone which will leave me 10lbs away from a BMI of 25. i plan to lose that before my next IVF. i just wish i wouldve done it to start grrrrr. would love to brave it together :) and anyone else fighting the fight xxxxx

12. swizzelstickfairy

swizzelstickfairy Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(13.33%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Hey ladies....
    I'm TTC and i have priviously had an ectopic and no luck since... Thats the mai reason i have started Loseing weight as i feel if it dosnt happen natrully i will nee IVF and i wanna be able to go stright for it and be healthy.... Good luck everyone fingers crossed for us all xx

13. Louisa78

Louisa78 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(36.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Bless you, i had an ectopic too :(

14. swizzelstickfairy

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(13.33%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I hated my ectopic it really scrawed with my head.... Do you have children? I dont have any as far as i know Ive been pregnant once and it was my ectopic every month i hope and pry but im so all over the place with my periods... Ive done loades of thiose tests that tell you if your fertill and they always come out negtive even when i think i should be fertile... recently ive been about 34 days :/ really hope the weight lose helps me concive :)

15. Louisa78

Louisa78 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(36.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah i have a son i had before my ectopic and have had 2 children since i had it.I still have my tube, i was treated with metho.

Have you tried temping and charting?

Ectopics are really hard to get your head around, i got pretty depressed after mine ((hug))

16. swizzelstickfairy

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(13.33%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I did to... and year i chart all periods, i do my temp everyday.... and no luck been doing this for 5 months now take all my B vitamins and everything.... Im sure i have summit going on i missed a few periods at xmass and they sent me for a scan they thought i had a cyst but that seems to have gone and now they dont know whats happening.... my periods are horribly painfull, but we will see whart the gyne says he seems convinced its not weight but we will see he said i may need surgery as well so more reason to lose weight!....

17. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    hey hun good luck, hope youve had a great week and WW is working for you xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.