Loosing weight to gain confidence!

J4N3Y

I have never been on a diet before... I guess I never had to as I was such an active child. Uni did it for me; all the midnight snacks and fizzy drinks in the mad rush to finish another essay.

Uni has ended and now changes have to be made. So, here is my first entry. Im not sure what I should be writing and what I shouldn't. But here goes...

Im sure there are many threads that say 'I'm a chocoholic' well I'm another one. The creaminess of it makes me happy; or I thought it did. Keep your friends close an your enemies closer; well I think I kept it too close! But now is the time to change!

I have been dieting for two nearly two weeks and so far I have had two curleywurleys, which in comparison to my 3 or 4 bars a day plus deserts etc, is an amazing milestone.

I have also started walking my fiancés dog and doing lots of fun exercise on the wii fit . Which is another change for the better.

So here is to Tuesday and my first weigh in at 'manor munchies' and hopefully the more weight I loose the more confidence I'll gain...

Love n stuff
J x

Last edited:
Saturday has always been my biggest downfall, and being new to dieting I think I have made a bad turn today. What do you think?

Breakfast: fruit salad with muller light yoghurt (2pp)

Dinner: fried chicken wrap with BBQ sauce and cheese and a small portion of chips (arghhhh) (18pp)

Tea: ham and mushroom pasta with tomatoes and cucumbers (11pp)

Snacks: maltesers (my weekly treat for being so good all week) (7pp)

29/29 pro points
10/49 pro points used 39 left

Not the best day I have had so far but hey it's the weekend.

Love n stuff
J x

Last edited:
Hey chickie

If u feel bad on by eating that then just be really strict with yourself tomorrow it makes me feel better anyhow,

Don't restrict yourself from things you enjoy you can still eat what u want just be more sensible about things for example my fave Saturday tea is fajitas I normally eat until all The tortillas are gone,
So tonight I had 2 with reduced fat sour cream and reduced fat weight watchers cheese ( n ovbs smaller portions of them to ) I realised I was fall after that and that was 3 hours ago and I'm still full,
I find that restricting myself from things I want makes me give up easily ive lost 8 lbs. In just over week, and I am not giving up this time. :) good luck xxx

Thank you, if I think back a few weeks I would have easily eaten a big share bag of sweets but I had no wish to today... Smaller portions of everything and less bread will hopefully see me on the way to a slimmer me... Fingers crossed for Tuesday and getting weighed!

Love n stuff
J x

Yes yes me to ive cut out bread and knowing how hard it is ( esecially on a weekend) your doing really well,

Let me no how u get on Tuesday,

loves xx

I have only been a member for about 7hours and already I feel as if I now have the confidence to rock this dieting... the support on this site for everyone is amazing and I know it is going to help me get down to my target weight of 10 stone.

My fiance has just commented that he can see a difference in my shape already, personally I cannot see where he is looking: the support from him however is very nice and again will be another help in shedding the pounds.

I am so nervous about getting weighed on Tueday, I will be devistated if I have not lost, but only time will tell. I am looking forward to my Sunday dinner tomorrow though, even if it means I have to use some of my weekly pro points for my gravy and yorkshire pud hehe.

I am now sure I can do this for the long haul...

Love n stuff
J x

Yes this forums ace, its The only place I no ppl feel the same way as me I get to talk about it and I ethics praise ( as it feelz good when ppl tell you your doing well )
My mum dropped all her weight and dusnt really listen to me When I talk about it n I go on about it so much to my partner I think he's lost interest it, so ive become addicted to this instead ( EVEN WORSE as I have The app on my phone lol )
Don't worry I'm sure you've done great let me no xxxxx

Haha, i have the app too! I know how you feel, my boyfriend is starting to show signs of becoming bored with talking about weight so this is my new addiction too!

you been dieting for long? or are you a newbee like me?

Love n stuff
J x

I'm a newbiee strted just over a week ago, ive done slimming world before but I fuzzled out when I lost my sw partner so now ive starter on my own so I don't not go if my mate cant make it which is better xxxxxx

I am doing the weight watchers pro points, a few of the girls from work have started 'manor munchies' and apparently the last time they did it there was a lot of people who lost a lot of weight. It means that I have a lot of support at work too.

My boyfriend proposed on Christmas day and although we know the wedding won't be for 3 or 4 years I want to loose it now and keep it off so I can feel amazing in a wedding dress hehe. Thats my long term goal but for now I would be happy to buy a nice pair of river island jeans and not have a huge muffin top hehe.

Love n stuff
J x

Wow never heard of that before, what it is?
Congratuations :D

River island jeans YES I'm feeling you There haha,

I want to lose some weight to feel better in myself and no that if I walked in to the lounge with barely nothing on and rhianna was on the telly my boyfriend would look at me instead HA that would be pretty good as he is mad bout rhianna ( cant blame him she is rather hot) but it would be a pretty immense feeling haha xxx

HAHA that made me laugh so much... It would be good to look like rhianna I agree but a skinnier verion of me will have to do. Im sure my fiance would still look at rhianna, although unless I was a semi-naked Uma Therman look a-like then anyone on tv/in mags are gorgeous because of the full team they have to make them up and the airbrushing haha.

Manor munchies is just a club at work (we work in a school called manor) a few of the members go to weight watchers so it is a way that we can get the information while only paying £1 a week hehe.

Love n stuff
J x

Well I had to do something about it as everytime he got excited about seeing on tv I realised chasing him around The house to throw things at him wasn't the answer ( altho he does find it hilarious When I do this ) hahaha

Wow sounds cool you a teacher then? I'm a teaching assistant and my partners training to be a primary school teacher in a uni near us,

So how much have you got to lose? Or what is your target should I say ive got 3st 9 lbs to lose to be my target urghh sounds loads but when its all shiffted
Ill be saying bin voage flab **** you rhianna hahah. Xx

I want to be about 10 stone, however I have not been that weight (or anything close since i was a teenager) so I am going to take it month by month. I think I will know when I am the right weight (a size 12 river island jeans will do lol)

Yes i am a teacher, I also trained in primary however I am teaching one-to-one maths in a secondary school at the moment (so rewarding) it is quite frustrating when half of my 7 and 8 year olds from my final placement had better maths skills than some of the 13 year olds I teach at the minute.

Are you a TA in a primary or secondary school?

Love n stuff
J x

Well I use to be a size 10 but after being so curvy I think id look ill if I went back to that so I'm happy with a 12 to lol

I'm also in a secondary school work with year 7 8 &9 with senco with the children with special requirements but I have also done primary but I prefer older children :) x

Haha, I know what you mean, I am not sure now wether I would prefer to stay in secondary or go back to primary, I'll decide in time hehe!

I have just been to tesco for the veg for the dinner (yum yum) and giggled as I walked past the chocolate and didn't stop to get some; simple things please simple minds! Lol

Wii fit for me now hehe

Love n stuff
J x

Last edited:
I am gonna do roasted veg for my tea seen as the other halfs buggering of to watch The footy

Go you resisting choccie

I need to invest in a wii fit I do love them

Take care xx

Oh my tea is going to be a ww tuna sarnie with propper nice white bread and some wotsits... Maybe even a ww desert, still got a few points left as I have only had my sunday dinner and some fruit today.

J x

So heres todays food diary:

Breakfast: apple, pineapple and strawberries (0pp)

Dinner: Sunday dinner (yum yum) Turkey with 1x yorkshire pudding, mash, carrots, cabbage, broccoli and gravy mmmmmm (1x diet coke) (12pp)

Tea: WW tuna sarnie, wotsits, tomatoes, cucumber, jelly and peaches and a WW caramel shortcake. (Picky tea at the fiance's parents) (12pp)

Snacks: WW Carrot cake (2pp) and a glass of milk (4pp) (god I miss my milk lol)

29/29 pro pounts today
1/39 weekly used 38 weekly left - End of the week (new week starts tomorrow)

Love n stuff
J x

Last edited:
Back