Lorna's Diary - I can do this!

Well I'm in work and it's really dragging in today, which is blah. I've just finished 1/2 a melon and a mullerlight though and it was delicious. I ended up not having a banana for breakfast and instead had a fibre plus bar (HEB). I am going to take a drive to tesco from work and pick up some things. I think I'm going to go wild and get some things in for a dish I've never made before, so I'm off to have a wee look round the forum to see what I fancy :)

So I've decided on making a syn free bbq sauce which I'm going to top on a gammon steak with mushrooms, LF cheese and mozzerlla. I'm going to have it with wedges and veg. I'm really looking forward to it as I'm actually starving. I'll make sure to take a photograph :)

Dinner was amazeballs, I actually hate pizza but this was really nice yum.

ForumRunner_20120510_075255.jpg

It was a gammon steak, covered in syn free BBQ sauce, mushrooms and mozarella with wedges and more mushrooms.

I don't eat dinner on weigh in day, or well I eat something after weigh in which is at 7. So today will look like this..

Breakfast: Banana
Snack at work: orange, mullerlight and a cereal bar (HEB)
Lunch: homemade vegetable soup
Dinner: not sure something after WI, maybe eggs or soup :)

Came home and not hungry yet, so not going to eat til I am. This week I have felt good about all the choices I've made and I'm motivated to keep it up.

I've decided I'm going to treat myself tonight with a fakeaway style dinner that feels naughty but isn't - SW wedges and Curry Sauce (2syns for 50mls) with a wholemeal pitta (HEB 2) I'll have fruit as my 1/3 superfree (even though I'm on a green day and don't need to stick to this rule - I like to have fruit and veg by the tonne everyday)

Wow that dinner looked amazing!! Bet it tasted the same too! My stomaches rumbling now at the thought of food now! So I am going to have my late lunch now as I wanted to wait a bit because of my late brekky! lol..
mmmm for some reason I have never thought of a wholemeal pitta as a HEX B! So I will defo have to get some of those and mate some fahjitas at some point !! yumm! x

Well done on keeping motivated!! :bunnydance: haha!!

Well I made my 1.5 syn ferrero rocher for class tonight and this is what went in them:

6 wholegrain ryvita (6 syns)
6 tbsp of nutella (24 syns)
2 1/2 tbsp of golden syrup (5 syns)

And I will roll them in a choc options later (2 syns)

Total syns: 37

I made 25 so that's just slightly under 1.5 syns each. A normal ferrero rocher is 3.5 syns for one so it's 2 for the price of one.

I probs ate about 2 or 3 worth while making them but just gonna say I've used 8 syns to be on the cautious side - I had nowhere near that amount but I would rather over estimate than under estimate. However since eating a mounded teaspoon of mixture I've noticed that I'm hungry, I will not be eating until I weigh in at though - I'll take a banana along to weigh in with me to eat after.

Can't wait for my wedges, curry sauce and pita - probs won't get then til around 9ish and boy I'm looking forward to them... Mmmmm!

Just home from weigh in, wedges.are in the oven!

I lost 3.5lbs - wooohoo, I'm so happy with this also got my 1/2 stone award (for the 5th time at slimming world lol) shiney sticker. I'm now ready and eager to get such into this week, I set a mini target at 1.5lbs for next weigh in so hopefully I can keep up the momentum. I'm even going swimming for an hour tomorrow followed by a sauna :)

Well done on the loss and the 1/2 stone award! x

Well done on your loss hun and 1/2 stone award!!! Big pat on the back for making those fabby forrero rocher's for class and also even better for making it so you can have 2 for the price of one! Good thinking batman! lol..
I deffo will have to try making those as 1.5syns a pop sounds really good!!
ps : All munched out on your fabby dinner now i'd imagine!? xx yumm!

My dinner felt sooo fatty, made wedges with LF mozerella and chedder melted them in the oven all over the wedges them puked baked beans on top - felt like I was really naughty lol

Woke up this morning and feel a little bloated, which I think is down to eating alot late at night - especially cheese. So it will be lots of fluids for me and will cut back on portion size until I feel better.

I'm going swimming for an hour after work today, I'm actually really looking forward to it. Haven't been in more than two weeks as I caught those two colds and I was managing to go 2-3 times a week since january. I would really like to get back in the habit of going a few times per week as even tho I'm really fat and hate my body, I love swimming and I'm actually good at it lol

Thanks, I was really very chuffed with it. I kept saying to my OH last night, I can't believe I lost 3.5lbs :p

Well I'm in work - so far today I've had:

Breakfast: Banana
Snack @ Work: Mango
Lunch @ Work: Orange and a Yogurt
Snack @ Swimming: Cereal bar (HEB)
Dinner: Homemade Egg Fried Rice, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Babycorn and 50ml Mayflower curry sauce mix medium (2 syns)

Syns: 1.5 Syn ferrero rocher, 50ml curry sauce (2)

I'm going to aim to not have any more syns than 3.5 today, as I used full syns yesterday and day before. I know they are there if I really want to use them, but I like to show myself that I don't need to eat 6 packets of crisps everyday to still enjoy a snack, so tonight I will be snacking on superfree fruit, shape delights (rapsberry ones), laughing cow cheesy triangles (HEA)... only if I feel like a snack though :p

Work has been pretty slow the last few days, my line manager as been off for over a month and I'm getting to the point where other than my usual things I'm running out of things to do and my job is so specific noone else can give me anything and I can only help a little with other departments. On the upside I've enjoyed playing on MM.

I'm really looking forward to swimming today, not been in a few weeks as I had the cold twice. One of my younger sisters is going to come along with me, she isn't nowhere near as big as me but has put on a wee bit of weight cause she has hit puberty so I'm really excited she is coming with me. I'm going to do exercise for 5 days in a row this week because I've missed it and it is one of my dreams to be really fit.

Weekly Excerise Goals:
Friday: Swimming for 1 hour followed by a 15minute Sauna
Saturday: Walk up the 12 floors in my flat x2
Sunday: Walk up the 12 flloors in my flat x2
Monday: Swimming 1 hour followed by a 15minute Sauna
Tuesday: Walk up the 12 floors in my flat x2
Wednesday: rest day no excerise
Thursday: weigh day no excerise

It might look a bit strange doing the stairs but when I'm doing my 25mile walk in 4 weeks the first part of it is to climb The Devil's Staircase, so I am trying to improve my cardio when walking uphill or stairs. The stairs are easily available and are the next best thing I have to a hill. There are a few places which have hills that I will be walking up and down for an hour the next week but as I have things on in the house this weekend I'm really just trying to make the best of what I have available.

So lets hope I can stick to it :)

Stairs are so tough! I always walk down them but rarely up lol
I've noticed when you're going uphill, taking little steps is much easier than long strides. Sounds odd but believe me, it's true.
Enjoy swimming :)

Thanks for the tip! Swimming was good, I enjoyed it and I'm walking up 8 flights of stairs at the minute to get into the house :)

Well I changed my dinner plans and went for a carvery, which I over estimate to be 15 syns , so still within my allowance - I absolutely loved it!

I've walked up 16 floors on the stairs, swim for an hour and had a 15 minute sauna. I did. 8 floors then had a break and then done the other 8.

Just home, I'm gonna relax and read my book - need an early night cause got lots to do around the house tomorrow! :)

Ended up not reading my book and fell asleep, I was soo tired! I love a good sleep :) I did really well though my cousin and best friend went out for drinks last night and invited me along, I did wanna go but I stayed strong and went to bed - to be fair I was tired anyway. I decided that this time around I'm only going to drink @ occasions or occasionally. I can drink within my syns but I have no food inhibitions and I will eat anything, crisps, mcdonalds, chips and cheese etc. This is the same pattern that follows if I have a bad hangover - I never really went out all that often anyway, so cutting out a few nights here and there may seem extreme but losing weight is much more important to me and anything I can do to help it I will be doing. I also didn't go as it's my OH's sisters 21st on the 18th and I'm having a night off plan - everyone suggests flexible syns but I can't stick to it ia also don't like constantly thinking about losing weight when I'm having a good time - this is why this week I'm being extra good again so that I won't feel guilty about it and I will be straight back on plan the day after (who knows I might even get a sts or a small loss that week - one can dream)

I also am so motivated this week I want to keep it up, my weight can make me so unhappy; I have stuck to it for a certain amount of time and then I get annoyed that all my slim friends can go out and eat and drink what they like and I always end up feeling left out, because of this I'm going to make the most of my motivation when it comes so that if I steer off the wagon one night then I've made the best of every other day to hopefully balance it out.

Today is another day on plan and I'm still feeling great - I'm a little stiff today but this is great because then I know my swimming and stairs yesterday are working. I'm a wee bit busy today but it's all around the house so that makes it easier to stick to plan :)

Today red day:
Breakfast: 2x Oranges and a shape delight 0%
Snack: Cereal bar (HEB)
Lunch: Egg in a cup (x3 eggs), melon and strawberries
Dinner: Steak, peppercorn sauce (2), baked potato (HEB 2), broccoli and mushrooms.

Syns: peppercorn sauce (2) options hot choc (2) made with milk (HEA)
Snacks: superfree foods

I am going to stick to this today as I had a carvery yesterday :)

Yay you go girl! You can stick to plan :)

Must be a scottish name for it, it's just boiled eggs put them in a cup with a little butter (optional), salt and pepper then mix it all round and it's amazing! I have it on it's own or with toast :)

Back