Losing 28lbs With Your Help

Thanks everyone :)

The omelette yesterday was a total success! It actually stayed in one piece which was a first!

I think it's because we put less veg in it. But don't worry, that extra veg went on a huge salad instead :)

I should have taken a photo, but I eat it too quickly!

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Good luck today!. Glad your omelette was a success, it sounds delicious. It's a lovely day over here so I think I'll get out for a walk later. Have you got any exercise planned?.

It is a lovely day here too. So nice in fact that I cycled to work :)

I'm only at this office today, and it's 6 miles from my house so I thought why not. Major fail though as I left the key to my lock at home! Doh!

Also, my stupid trousers kept getting caught on my drinks holder! Got to find some safety pins before coming home!

Hope you enjoy your walk. What's everyone else doing or eating today?

Hope your day goes well hun..and remember those safey pins..don't want you arrested on the journey home tonight! :)

I'm quite hungry today, had breakfast and lunch and already looking forward to dinner!!! hee hee

Thank you for the reminder! I totally forgot. It did nearly get to the point of me cycling with no trousers on!

I've also got the munchies today (but that's nothing unusual!) I'm looking forward to my mountain of chilli and a few pancakes :)

I'm thinking what I could give up for Lent. I'm thinking impulse food buys as it'll help my waistline and wallet! :D

What are you having for dinner hun?

Well, I couldn't find any safety pins, so had to use elastic bands instead! How embarrassing!

Did quite a lot of exercise today - cycled 12 miles in total and walked a mile at lunch. The walk was in a dodgy part of town so I think I power walked! :p

Chilli was nom :) As were the pancakes :) I was good and only had two - one with some Nutella and one with mixed berries.

Your tea sounds delish :) I love jacket potatoes -I think that would be my last meal! I hope you do these the proper way (in the oven)!

I'm desperate to get on the scales, but when I weighed myself everyday, I didn't lose weight, so that's the old me! Just need to focus and trust the process.

On a side note, I'm finding I'm having mild headaches in the evening (this maybe stress rather than nutrition related). I'm hoping these will pass as they aren't nice :( So I'm relaxing in bed, reading my new Dummies Guide to GL book which came today :)

Speak to you soon x

Well done on all that exercise yesterday..I'm sure you will see big changes soon and not just on the scales. Hope the headache has eased off for you today. Have a good one!

hi hun, headaches in early 'dieting' days can be caused from dehydration..i've suffered in the past, so have others on here..keep drinking lots and they will ease off soon!

Have a nice day..yep, jacket potatoes in the oven..my microwave has broken and i've not replaced it yet..don't miss it now! :)

Hi all,

Sorry for my late post - been a busy bee today. Buzzzzzz!

Didn't get a chance to do any exercise today (poor excuse I know) but I'm going to count this as a rest day :)

Thanks for the advice on the headaches. I have been to a lot of different offices recently, so my giant glass that I normally have lots of water in has been left in my normal office. I have been trying to drink more at home this evening, which has been helping.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting. I have a works do and I don't really know what's happening food wise other than the dinner in the evening. I'll take my All Bran with me and just hope there's a good selection at lunch!

I'm trying to make sure that I don't feel like I'm missing out and also trying to stay as healthy as I can. So I may slip during the day, but I'm account for it and carry on :)

I think that's what I'm going to give up for Lent - feeling guilty about little slip ups. It's life after all

Hi :)

Sorry for my super late reply. I was really busy all day at my works do.

Well, needless to say, I didn't eat particularly healthy yesterday, but that was mainly due to having nothing to eat apart from sweets!

BUT, I'd like to point out the positives:

1. I resisted the chocolate fudge cake at lunch!

2. I had chicken, broccoli and cabbage for lunch (no sauces either)

3. I didn't have a starter at dinner

4. Out of the three mini desserts, I had only one (rice pudding)

5. For breakfast I had a slice of brown toast, two rashers of bacon (cut off all the fat), two small sausages, a spoonful of beans and an egg.

So I think I did ok considering I had no control over the food.

I weigh in on Sunday, do I'm just hoping to stay the same since its been a bit of a difficult week!

Last edited:
good luck for your weigh in on sunday hun, you might be pleasantly surprised..fingers tightly crossed for you x..and well done for being sensible and resisting temptation!

ARGH! Just realised that I can't weigh in tomorrow as I've stayed over at my mum's! :-(

Will do it Monday instead and then carry on with Sunday weigh in after that

Well, I couldn't 'weight' (teehee) so I weighed myself at my mum's.

Before I did, I checked to make sure they were accurate (some would say that's weird, but I say thorough!) and........

I'm down 3lbs! :D

However, I will take whatever my scales say tomorrow as my 'actual' weight *crosses fingers*

My day is going to spent having lunch, going food shopping and do boring housework :(

Yep, 3.6lbs down this week :) I started at 168.6, now 165

Considering the week I've had, I'm very pleased.

I've not denied myself anything (or really done much exercise!) but I've been making better decisions. I feel so much better and look forward to another week!

Back