Losing Faith in xenical please help

Dalaney

Hi Although I have had a decent wight loss inmy first week of being on zenical 7 pound I am begining to think it is more because I am being so strict about what I eat than the tablet working I have had no side effects whatsoever nothing at all and if the tablets were stopping any fat being absorbed surely I would notice a different in the toilet area ( sorry to be so blunt) what has made me so unsure is the other night without realising it i hd abou 20g of fat in one meal and had not effects at all I also have ben sprinkling parmasan cheese on my chilli again with no effects at all Is it possible I am taking these tablets and they are not doing what they are suppose to? I am almost tempted to have something really fatty to test it? I hear of all these people who have dreadful side effects just because they ate a bit of chocolate or something and i just seem to be exactly the same and I know its the worry of the tablet side effects that was keeping me on the straight and narrow now I am losing faith please advise anyone ???

I was on Xenical for a year and I never had one side effect, I stuck to a low fat diet 100% of the time. Side effects do mean the tablets are working, but then so does weight loss ;) I know its tempting to *test* the tablets, but given the side effects, do you really really want to have that? I'm guessing the answer is no ;)

Agree with Ali hun, the side effects are not necessary for the teblets to be working....they will mean about 30% is not absorbed, if youre diet is higher in fat than recommended then all that means is some of the excess will pass through giving the unpleasant side effects.
In relation to you testing it, that is different for us all and the side effects arent immediate, again individual but generally within 18-36 hours after the high fat meal/food.
Your loss will slow down, the big losses are generally in the beginning because you have changed your eating habits which once further into the diet you're not.

People have tested them, but wouldnt recommend it!!

Thanks Michele nd Ali, I think I was just on a downer yesterday and needed a bit of a boost which I always get on here, I actully had a bit of a reaction this morning from the higher fat meal I had two nights ago nothing too terrible but enough to let me know they are working. I think I have just put so much faith in these little blues and I am determined that this time I am going to do it the thought that they were not working would have devestated me. I am losing weight so thats all that matters . There is no really quick fix so I just need to settle into this and stop worrying, I have gve myself a really stern talking to later last night and have woken up fres and determined again so I am putting it down to a litle blip one of many I am sure, but thanks for the reassurance I wish there were some xenical slimming classes around where people could share ideas and experiences like we do on here and we could all get weighed maybe I will look into seeing if i could get a support group going round here!! hmmm now there is a thought.

Hey there hun!!

Not much more i can add there chick but glad your beeling a bit better about diet today!!

Ive had phases where ive wondered if they were working for mee too. But i think even if there is a slim chance these are aiding my wieght loss im gunna continue with them!

LOve katie!

Ps ive even a well known delicious chicken fast food meal an got tangoed so i know they must be doing some thing lol!!!

Glad you are feeling a bit happier today hun. Is good, in a way, that you had a slight reaction to the little Blues. Hope it helps keep you on the straight and narrow.

I would be totally lost without the support and advise on here. I use this as my slimming class lol

Charlie xx

Hi Dalaney, this reply is a bit of a late one because I've been AWOL for a few days, but I'm glad to see you're feeling a bit better. Everyone has days when they don't think the pills are working, but you should stick with them. I wouldn't recommend 'testing' them, as the side effects aren't pleasant! Lol. If you're losing weight, then the pills are definitely working. Stay positive! :) x

Glad we helped hun and v.glad that you are feeling more positive now, indeed we do all have bad days, I find I mine are when I havent been able to get on here for a while. Not only does all the chat / advice help but keeps my hands busy and stops me "picking" which is where I can fall down.

They do say that they can take a week to get fully into your system so the initial loss may have been from change of diet but only time will tell how you're gonna get on from here on in. x

Back