Losing hair rapidly with nearly 2 stone still to go....

bevy

Hiya,

My hair started has really thinned in the past 2 months and seems to be coming out a lot more now, in fact all I have to do is put my hands through my hair and there is always quite a few strands in it.... I can see it's growing back, not as much as I am losing though and I am a little worried with the fact that I still have nearly 2 stone to go :cry: will I have any left at the end of SS'ing?

Did anyone in the same situation as me carry on with SS'ing when losing their hair and what were the consequences?

Thanks in advance

Bev x

Hairloss is unfortunately a side effect of a vlcd, but as soon as you come off the diet and increase your calorie intake it will grow back.

I know how worrying this is, last time I did CD i suffered badly with hair loss, and didn't know it was normal! So ran from CD! :(

Really hope you are able to get some great advice here and from your CDC. I'm not sure on the solution, as to whether stepping up a plan would help or not, or if you just ignore it.

Whatever, hope you manage to continue losing and getting to goal asap :)

Thanks for raising this, have been a bit concerned over last few days too. I have had a lot of hair thinning & breaking off around my parting, I suspect partly through the way I treat my hair dye/crimpers/backcombing etc & partly through CD. I'm going to get some good conditioner & change my parting & lay off the crimpers & backcombing for a while... even just reading this I know I sound like a hairdressers nightmare, & can see I have brought some of this on myself! But if anyone has any tips on helping to strengthen hair/ stimulate regrowth, please share!
xxx

Might be worth getting your thyroid tested - it's the first thing most docs do if you're losing hair as it's a common reason and so easily checked.

Oh no bless you :( I know what you are going through after pregnancy alot of mine dropped out and I even cried incase it all fell out (of course it didnt.) My friend mentioned only having 3 packs to the CDC and she said no you need 4 or your hair may fall out! Are you on 3 or 4? Perhaps even move up a step for a little while? Your CDC will hopefully have an answer:)

Might be worth getting your thyroid tested - it's the first thing most docs do if you're losing hair as it's a common reason and so easily checked.

Only time I suffered with this was on CD last time. I came away with handfuls, my thyroid has been tested and it's fine :)

It CAN just be CD :) though i'm not a Dr of course, but it's a side affect of any diet where you lose weight rapidly.

Thanks for all the replies, I actually have an underactive thyroid and take thyroxin on a daily basis anyway so don't think there is a problem there in fact with all the weight I have lost I more thank likely will need to take less especially as I have released a lot of the hormones that caused the underactive thyroid in the first place.

I just think it's a side effect of this diet and I was told in the beginning that this may happen but the reality of seeing it come out constantly is just a little bit frightening and Katycakes I am the same as you, I bleach my hair and straighten it every day so I am probably not helping myself there..... I have decided that I will probably have a chat with my CDC next tuesday about going up a few steps to add more calories and see if that help any and if it doesn't I may do maintenance and then follow weight watchers to lose the last bit.

Thanks again all x

Bevy, I can see how much it must hurt to lose hair as you have such lovely hair! Mine is long too, not as long, but it is such a big part of who I am... it's scary to see it thin. I would love to say I will learn my lesson & step away from the dye & crimpers but those are security blankets I would find it very hard to lose! Let me know if your CDC has any words of wisdom, mine has just said 'it will be OK once you start eating normally again' so maybe I just need to get to goal and work from there!
Hugs anyway,
xxx

i lost loads of hair last time i was on Cd, the problem is though, you seem to lose more when you srat eating again!
when i tie my hair back ( my hair is dyed black) i can see blonde short spikey bits poking through the rest of my hair so i know its growing back, although i lost loads, it wasnt enough for it to be noticable to anyone else.

You're dead right, Vamp, for me I didn't notice anything until stepping up to 810 (more than 810 as I have not been brilliant at sticking to this step!). I don't think anyone else can really notice, thought if they looked they would see... just hope nobody is looking that closely!
xxx

Hey Girls,
I too have a major problem with hair loss, every time i wash it, there is loads :(
I had a colour put on at the hairdressers and she said the hair is growing back, although it was really embarrassing, when she said how much had came out during the wash :(
i did contemplate coming off CD, but hopefully i will get to my goal before i go bald :D
No, seriously, no one other than my family (and know you guys) know about it, so as long as its not obvious to all in sundry, i will stick with CD ;)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've got ALOT of hair, but when I first started doing cd it was coming out in masses. In the bath, the brush, all over the floor. It was awful.
I'm still on it (kind of) & the hair loss has slowed down tremendously. Around the front of my hairline it is now about an inch long, so it's coming back.

I also take Nourkrin Max strength, they are brilliant & if I stop taking them while on cd then I notice that more hair starts to fall out again.

Thanks ZoBo for the heads up about Nourkin... will find some as soon as I can!
xxx

Thanks for the tip on Nourkrin Zobo, just checked online and they are quite expensive though..... I have been advised to use Biotin so going to try that first it's a bit cheaper but if it doesn't help then I will have to buy the Nourkrin. How many tablets do you take a day?

If you search Nourkrin on Ebay you can get them pretty cheap.

I think they are about £40 to buy on the high street, but I get them for £25 plus £3 p&p.
They are worth it too as they are proven to work.

Good luck, it will slow down, but I feel your pain as it's a big shock when it first happens. xx

Mine fell out loads and is now quite thin. I am up to 810 and it has not started growin back at all yet. Any ideas when it will? I stopped SS 5 weeks ago.

Back