Losing half of me! (~˘▾˘)~

KimtobeSlim

Hello! You might've seen me putting my two-cents on to different threads, but I'm going to start my own story here also :classic_big_grin:

I'm Kimberley, I've recently re-joined Slimming World for maybe the third time I think? I've lost weight and put it on and always seem to end up back at 20 something stone - it must be my magic number sadly! I'm doing it this time around with my husband whose successfully lost like 12 stone on Atkins - but it's not maintainable for him and neither is the diet in reality.

I need to lose half my body weight essentially. Im 5'1" so according to BMI I should be between 7 and 9 stone - ouch - but for now 10 stone is my goal. Ideally I want the majority of this to be gone by October 2019 - as we have a 28 day luxurious holiday to Disney in Florida booked in. There's also fertility issues mixed in there and we want children, but until my BMI gets healthy no one will touch us (unless we go private which is not affordable!)

So I already have lots and lots to motivate me and give me reason to stick to it, as well as doing this for myself, the body I want and the energy I want and the clothing I want.

My first weigh in Saturday just gone saw a healthy -5lb loss - I'm aiming for at least 2lbs per week, I think that's doable and would mean losing 7 stone over a 12 month period!

Thanks for reading if you made it through haha - I'll hopefully be posting my successes along with the negatives here, and the odd picture or two!

xx

Hi Kim! I’m going to be watching with interest. You had a great loss this week and your husbands done amazingly on Atkins, but I think Slimming world is much more sustainable. Its just healthy eating really.

I’ve got loads more to lose than you, and knowing me i’ll probably take the scenic route. It took me ages to even pluck up courage to go to Slimming World - I thought i’d break their scales, but tonight is my fourth weigh in.

Good luck to you and your husband. You both have the most incredible incentives. :bunnydance:

Thanks Chilli, just skimmed over your stats at the side and that's incredible! Close to 5 stone since April? Well done! Are you going to make any sort of weight loss/food diary?

I bought a Weight loss planner from my group last weekend, I love having something physical to jot down and track my progress - but posting on here to receive feedback and advice is a bonus I've never had before.

xx

I'm aiming for at least 2lbs per week, I think that's doable and would mean losing 7 stone over a 12 month period!

it;'s amazing how consistency delivers huge results!

I'm struggling this week and I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Had a cheeky mid-week weigh in at home on Wednesday and only lost 1lb... will be officially weighed tomorrow at my SW group but it's gutting! Am I eating enough speed?? I thought in these early stages I didn't have to cram fruit and veg down all day :classic_confused:

My days have been like this:

Monday - POSS SP DAY BUT DIDN'T HAVE THE SECOND HxB?
Breakfast / HxA and HxB used on Chocolate Weetabix (+ 2syns) and milk with a handful of strawberries and blueberries
Lunch / Campfire stew packed with peppers, onions, carrots, cherry tomatos, chopped tomatos, tomatoe puree - no rice or anything just as it is
Dinner / Didn't eat anything
Syns / Walkers baked 5.5, Cappuccino 6, Velvets crips 4 (17.5 total including the Weetabix)
Kept within my 20 syn allowance

Tuesday - SP DAY I HOPE???
Breakfast / HxA and HxB used on Chocolate Weetabix (+ 2syns) and milk with a handful of blueberries
Lunch / Campfire stew packed with peppers, onions, carrots, cherry tomatos, chopped tomatos, tomatoe puree - no rice or anything just as it is
Dinner / 2 wholemeal bread (2nd HxB) 2 eggs in frylight, Lynda McCartney sausages x 2 for 1 syn
Syns / Cappuccino 6, Walkers baked 5.5, Velvets crisps 4 (Total including Weetabix and sausage 18.5)
Kept within my 20 syn allowance

Wednesday
Breakfast / HxA and HxB used on Chocolate Weetabix (+ 2syns) and milk with a handful of blueberries
Dinner / Stir Fry using pack of stir fry mix (peppers, cabbage etc), mange tout, egg noodles, Naked noodles (2 syns), chicken all in frylight
Syns / Cappuccino 6, Hi-fi 3, Velvets 4 (Total including Weetabix and noodles 17)
Kept within my 20 allowance

Help!! Am I doing anything wrong?

I know I'm not drinking enough, I get through about half a litre of water in work everyday - I don't drink a lot except my Cappuccino in the morning and either a coffee or can of vimto zero at home in the evening, could this be hindering me?

Thanks in advance
xx

Last edited:
What you’re eating looks great. Why don’t you try increasing your water, and see if it makes a difference? My losses aren’t huge, but I think they may have increased since I started drinking 8 glasses of water a day (plus a diet coke with lunch and dinner). I hate it, to be honest, but I read somewhere ‘the more you drink, the more you shrink’!

Good luck tomorrow 😀

Thanks Chilli, you're probably right! I'm gonna have to be aware of it all day because I only drink when I'm thirsty... which I guess isn't very often.

It sounds so simple but I find it harder than eating healthy :grumble:

xx

Water definitely helps. Little sips often. And ask your Leader for his/her advice. Also - don't let a cheeky weigh-in disrupt you. I'm on a vcld, and weigh daily. I can go UP a pound in one day. So the body isn't a machine. I usually have lost it the next day. I weigh after ablutions so my gut has moved .....

I'm in the 19 stone club! I lost the 2lbs I was hoping for thankfully! I'm going to take in a bottle with a straw to work so I'll naturally drink more.

Yeah totally agree AliGal, I don't think I'm cut out for daily or mid-weekly weigh ins - I need to stay away from my own scales :scale:

xx

Step away, Kim!! I'm still with you - congratulations. I hope this next week will see me into the 18s.

ChilliEm - you'll be here soon. And it feels good. Much easier on the stairs.

I can’t wait!! I’m hoping by this time next year... 😀

You've done so well so far, 5 stone in 5 months is incredible! Even if your weight loss slows a little, you will be there in no time. 2lbs loss a week is 7 stone in 12 months! I keep telling myself that, it's my mantra. Small steps add up to a huge journey.

I can't wait to see a difference in clothes. Seeing numbers on the scale is great but that's gonna be the real joyful moment!

xx

Step away, Kim!! I'm still with you - congratulations. I hope this next week will see me into the 18s.

ChilliEm - you'll be here soon. And it feels good. Much easier on the stairs.

Good luck! You're so close, you're practically skirting on the edge of the 18's!

xx

Good luck! You're so close, you're practically skirting on the edge of the 18's!

xx

Yes.....but annoyingly hanging around the low 19s - ticking up 4lbs a coupla days ago for no good reason ..... so need that to banish before I'll see the 18s.

I had a slice of Victoria Sponge Cake yesterday! Actual CAKE :eek::eek:

It was a colleagues birthday and her sister made it and she's a bit of a pro, and being honest I hardly ever turn down birthday cake.
But using flexi syns, I've just noted it down in my journal and then carried on food optimising - Fish, new potato's and veg for dinner last night :bunnydance:

I'm hoping the scales don't suffer this weekend, because I'm not going to punish myself all week!

xx

It’s not going to hurt you! How many syns are there in a piece of cake? Ok you couldn’t do it every day, but as a one off I should think you’ll be ok. 🤞🏼

Was it delicious?

Well as it was home made it's hard to give it a number, but I checked the app and store bought ones ranged from 11 to 13 to 14 per slice. This cake was cut to split between about 20 people and she took a quarter of it back home haha, so it was a thin slice! So I've said counted 10 syns for it.

It was amazing! It looked like a work of Art, I'll try to add a picture in here when I'm home later. It was topped with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, red currants and macaroons and everything was sprayed in edible gold glitter! :eat:

Yeah if it was someone's birthday every single day I'd have to face some hard truths... but fingers crossed I'll still lose on the weekend :classic_eek:

xx

Back