Losing inches from hips... any suggestions?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I want to try and target my hips to loss a few inches! I need to lose 3-4 inches on my hips to bring them in line with my waist and bust to be about a size 20. But so far I've lost 5 inches from my waist, 4 from my bust and only 2 from my hips! Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions on good things to do? I have a wii fit and my fitness coach so there might be things there. I've also got a dance workout DVD which I quite enjoy but haven't done for a while, think I'll try and get back into that. Just thought that as some of you guys seem to be fountains of knowledge I would ask!

You could try doing the hula on the wii fit regularly to tone up the area, or any exercises that tone the abs but unfortunately you can't spot reduce. Fat just comes off where the body decides it's coming off which is annoying really but thats the way it is. The inches on your hips might just come off unexpectedly one week and suprise you!

i found that one week i would lose 2 inches from my hips and nothing from my waist and the next time vice versa. i have lost 15 from my waist now and only 9 from my hips! which is annoying, so i feel your pain! don't mind being a pear shape though, as i think it's really womanly.

the hula thing is supposed to be great for hips and abs, i was thinking about getting a weighted hula hoop from ebay.

You could try doing the hula on the wii fit regularly to tone up the area, or any exercises that tone the abs but unfortunately you can't spot reduce. Fat just comes off where the body decides it's coming off which is annoying really but thats the way it is. The inches on your hips might just come off unexpectedly one week and suprise you!

Yeah I think you're probably right Rachel, dammit! Hula on the wii fit... I didn't think of that, good plan! I quite enjoy doing it so will try and do it every day, maybe in the morning and evening. I'm hoping you're right about them suddenly coming off my hips, it would be nice!!

i found that one week i would lose 2 inches from my hips and nothing from my waist and the next time vice versa. i have lost 15 from my waist now and only 9 from my hips! which is annoying, so i feel your pain! don't mind being a pear shape though, as i think it's really womanly.

the hula thing is supposed to be great for hips and abs, i was thinking about getting a weighted hula hoop from ebay.

I don't mind being pear shaped either, kind of, it's just annoying!! Finding jeans that fit my waist just doesn't happen. And it's annoying I'm having to buy biggest stuff because of my
ginormous hips!! Weighted hula... I'd never thought of those, didn't realise you could get them!

I don't mind being pear shaped either, kind of, it's just annoying!! Finding jeans that fit my waist just doesn't happen. And it's annoying I'm having to buy biggest stuff because of my
ginormous hips!! Weighted hula... I'd never thought of those, didn't realise you could get them![/QUOTE]

I know what you mean about finding stuff to fit. I've been looking at the measurements of dresses online in a size 14 and most of them are like a 30-31" waist which is fine but the bust is like 38", I'm 46 1/2" on my bust so I need an 8 inch loss to be able to squeeze into them which doesn't seem possible.

Ah yes, weighted hoops are awesome! I had one a couple of years ago but when I left to go to uni I forgot it and my dad threw it away :mad:! Even if you aren't very good at hula hooping normally (I'm not!) it's much easier because of the weight. Your only meant to do about 10-15mins of it a day as it's quite intense on the old stomach.

What do you make of the wii fit by the way? I have a wii and quite want one but not sure if they are worth the money. I've got gym membership so not sure if I should get one, on the other hand my bank balance is rather nice at the moment thanks to student loans!

I might get a weighted hula!

Wii fit... to be honest I don't think it's the most amazing exercise tool in the world. But it is a fun way of exercising. My fitness coach is pretty good. I do like the wii fit though. I got it in a bundle, £179 for the wii and wii fit. I didn't even pay for it myself so thought I might as well!!I don't manage to get to the gym much, it's about a 40-50 minute drive away and I just don't end up there often, so it's a good way for me to do something at least.

yeah you can get them off ebay, i'll have a look and post the link. you will need to get it weighted to at least 3lbs though, otherwise they don't do much!

google search and look for exercises for hips specifically....but i think yoga on Wii fit might help as it lengthens you and tones those hard to reach places!
hth hun
(enjoy hula!!!!! lol)
xxx

Just been on the Wii, clocked up 29 wii fit minutes, not sure how long I was actually on for including the wait inbetween each thing. It's the only thing I don't like about the wii fit, the stopping and starting and it's the good thing about my fitness coach. Though sometimes the break is nice as well! I might go on again later too :)

Today I did a lot of yoga and muscle workouts as well as 6 minutes of hula. I'm figuring if I can keep that up and do it every or at least most days it should help! I've just ordered an ab roller too, find it easier to do crunches using one. I hate them but it's only because I can feel it so they obviously work!

I feel your pain. I am already into 12 tops, but still 16 jeans. I got into a 12 skirt, but only because it's really flary around the hips. My boobs and waist are a nice size, but then I have like a ledge where my hips are! Hate them

I'm hoping my bust doesn't shrink too much! Well, I want it to in back size, but no cup shrinkage!! What I figure will possibly happen is that it might go down a cup size and then go up again as my back size shrinks therefore increasing difference between the two measurements. That's the hope anyway!! Smaller boobs would not be good for me!!

Back