LOSING MY HAIR!!!!

Ms R

Now I do know that hair loss is one of the not so nice side effects of this diet from doing this diet 4yrs ago but it is still shocking when half of you head of hair is left behind in the shower!!!! My hair is so thin now and it's still coming out in handfuls everytime I get a shower and wash my hair. I know it will grow back and it will be healthy hair growing through but it's still a worry.

Anybody else been on this diet a long time like me and having similar problems?

Hi Ms R
Yeah my hair comes out in clums also. I am quite lucky my hair is quite thick but it is still a worry. Also I noticed my eye lashes also!! Mad. X

Not yet but I did read about it think I would have to come off diet if I started to loose my hair, how long have u been on diet ? X

I have been losing lots of hair in the shower and daily brushing too. Luckily I have very think hair. Even previously when having chemo I never fully lost it and they told me I would.
I have read that the loss isn't greater on a VLCD, just that it isn't replenished as it normally would b. all normal function should resume once tfr is completed x

Yes Mrs R I suffered with hair loss also even though I'm not on lipotrim now I'm still losing hair maybe it takes time to get back to normal again.

I've been on the diet for 15 weeks. My hair wasn't very thick to start off with but luckily it is long so I can disguise the thinning very well, nobody has noticed at all but I know.

I think my hair has started shedding a bit too in the last few weeks.:eek: I am only doing 1 more week TFR anyway I think and then onto maintenance which hopefully will help.

Back