Losing my mind!!!.. Oh and weight..hopefully!!

Im just having meltdowns today im torn in two, my head is saying vlcd vlcd and my heart is saying no no no!!!
This week im going to use my vlcd packs on my DDs, and im having no more than 3. Im not going to stuff my face in UDs, going to eat healthy meals and allow myself abit if choc or crisp, see if that works!!!! Xx

Im just having meltdowns today im torn in two, my head is saying vlcd vlcd and my heart is saying no no no!!!
This week im going to use my vlcd packs on my DDs, and im having no more than 3. Im not going to stuff my face in UDs, going to eat healthy meals and allow myself abit if choc or crisp, see if that works!!!! Xx

Sounds like a good idea.do stick with juddd. Just give it a bit more time hun :) good luck xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
You've got to give it enough time to work and for your body to say goodbye to the vlcd and hello to juddd. It does work, be patient, good luck this week.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Stef, everyone's advice is spot on. Any gain is disheartening but stick with it and you'll see results. I'm sure of it :) Good luck :) xx

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks all :) I think its also because I have in the back of my mind last time I did juddd it wasn't great losses for me, so hoping its different this time around!! Makes me all blahhh!!! Anyway nevermind!

Have a lovely weekend ladies!! X

You probably already know that double down days are not recommended, but just wanted to say I think doing them tends to bite people on the bum... I did some and they actually made me more hungry on the next up and I found it difficult not to go wayyy over my up day calories. As we all know JUDDDD is an alternate day plan, and the alternate day calorie restriction is designed to get that SIRT1 gene turned on. Double down days not part of the plan and usually do not mean you will lose more doing them.

From personal experience JUDDDD does work, I lost almost 2 stone on it when I did it from October 2012 to March 2013. Maybe I would have lost more if I didn't keep going so over on my up days! I've recently regained a lot of weight because I stopped all dieting and totally pigged out for 10 months. I think this plan is the best I've ever done but the only reason I'm doing another VLCD right now rather than this is because the losses are slow - which is ok when you are still able to eat! but not when you want to lose weight quickly. I want to get a chunk off before summer and the only real way to do that for me is with a VLCD. I'll come back to Judddd later this year when I don't mind losing slower.

IMHO? I think you should quit with the double down days and follow the plan according to Dr. Johnsons website - doing alternate days to get that swing between up and down day calories. Don't skimp on your up days, try and meet your up day calorie allowance if you aren't already. You really need that swing between the up and down day calories for this plan to work how it is designed too. And if you are willing to then I suggest giving it at least 4 weeks to see if it works for you or not. That's what I did because 1 or even 2 weeks is not long enough with this type of diet to see if it works or not because scale swings are common, although can be annoying. Your gain could be because of the VLCD you recently did, as already mentioned by others, glycogen stores being replenished.

I guess it depends if you have 4 weeks to see if it works for you or not. I understand why you changed to a different plan from a VLCD, I would be annoyed at only losing 4 lb in the first two weeks too

I put 2stone on after the wedding, that HAS to go before my hols in Aug

2 stone loss by August is doable on Judddd, just trust in the plan and try not let the scale bouncing around upset you - I know, easier said than done. I cannot even do that myself most of the time. I would lose my mind if I weighed daily like some people do!

Good luck

Last edited:
How you getting on stef?xc

Hi ladies, im ok thankyou :) been a busy bee over the weekend, will catch up with you all soon as I get a minute. Hope ur all well xx

Hi Stef, hows it going? Please don't get disheartened just yet, I agree totally with what Want2BeSlim said in her excellent post. Doing a vlcd is the most quickest way to lose weight for most people, but, its also the most quickest way to put the weight back on once you end, and afterall, you cant stay on a vlcd for the rest of your life. Stopping a vlcd and returning to eating normal food will always result in a weight gain, it may as well be now as later, and who knows, maybe your body has done with gaining by now and is ready to start moving on down again.

Yes, Juddd is a long term woe, but its also sustainable and so easy to build into your everyday life, and its also easy to maintain with when you get to your goal. So, please, please give it a month and then decide.

And yes, stop doing the double down days you naughty girl, its not good for you lol.

Hey, sorry not been around, majorly stressed ATM!! Been doing UD DD
Etc.. No doubles, been eating healthier and lowering my carbs :) Doing well. Hope ur all OK I shall pop into diary's now xx
Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Whens your weigh day?low carb should bring great losses xx

Hey Stef :)

Glad to hear you are doing well diet wise. Sounds like you have it sorted to suit you :) Sorry to hear you've been stressed though, hope you're ok xx

Hey guys I'm OK, yeah hopefully low carb will do me good, been throwing a bit of Atkins in there too, probably not wise but anyway!!!

I've been mad stressed and busy because we reallllly want to locate abroad, I always have!! And the years are passing by and I'm getting more annoyed I haven't done it!!! I originally wanted to go Aus, but soon as we went to Malta we fell in love!!!
Anyway I've been umming and arrrring and have hubby has applied for a few jobs, got an email today asking if he would like to go over for an interview eeeeeek!!!!! Xx
Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MiniMins.com mobile app

OOOh that sounds so exciting, Im keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I'd love to go and live in Cyprus.

Its a really hard decision because one its scary lol two I dont want to mess my son around with skools, he had to move skool in Sept so of I went and it didnt work that's another move! That's my biggest fear!!
The wages are more than half of what my hubby earns here, but it's cheaper to live, lifestyle is so different! Which I dont mind!
Its just a huge gamble! But I want to live abroad, always have!! It would be my biggest regret if I didn't try! X

Its a really hard decision because one its scary lol two I dont want to mess my son around with skools, he had to move skool in Sept so of I went and it didnt work that's another move! That's my biggest fear!! The wages are more than half of what my hubby earns here, but it's cheaper to live, lifestyle is so different! Which I dont mind! Its just a huge gamble! But I want to live abroad, always have!! It would be my biggest regret if I didn't try! X

My mums cousin married a Maltese chap & has been over there about 25 years. She loves it & is a English tutor there & as you say although wages aren't as high cos of living is less. We toyed with NZ a few years ago as hubby would get work out there easily but I would miss my mum too much. Will probably live to regret it when I'm old hey x

Back