losing my mojo.

ladypancho

Hi last night I put on half a pound. I was expecting it as I had a big family wedding, also not been feeling myself all week. I have got major PMT and a very sore chest.
I am feeling very down about my gain and feeling like I am losing my mojo.
When I first started SW I used to sit here for a couple of hours planning my weeks menu and shopping list but I haven't been doing it for a couple of weeks now.
I have lost 2st 12lb and really don't want to give up.
How do you all get your mojo back?
x

Hiya! Well half a pound isnt massive in the scheme of things, and congratulations on your loss so far, you should be really proud of yourself.
Maybe you need to go back to the beginning? I must admit the week that I gained I didnt plan my meals etc, I really do think thats the key.
Have you got any mini goals you could set yourself maybe an event coming up?

It isn't easy sometimes. Cast your mind back to way you want to lose weight, try & remember how good you feel when you've had a loss. Then take a look at yourself and congratulate yourself on how well you have done so far. It's only you who has achieved what you have remember that. You can go on and you will lose weight.

Give yourself a SW treat & plan your meals.

Good luck, you can do it;)

Set yourself a "mini goal" of loosing that 2lbs to take you to your 3 STONE AWARD!!!!!!

You are doing fantsatic :)

I would set a target of a week or so for that 2lb& once your there you will feel great :D

I think you should sit down with your book and look at the weight log at the back, and focus on how well you've done.
Also, sit and write down your goals and really think about why you want to lose weight. This always helps me.

You have done so well!! Please don't give up now :D

As the others have said Hun...you have done so well. 0.5lb is not a massive gain, you can loose that plus more in a week.
I would start by cheering yourself up, doing something that will bring a smile back to your face and not something that is related to eating and following a plan! Have a dance, sing, swim, exercise, have your haircut, go to the cinema...anything that you enjoy.
There are days when I feel like giving up and just saying stuff it, but then I think about the size and weight I was and how my joints ached, I had chest pains after minimal exercise and I think to myself...do I want to be like that again??? NO is the answer and that keeps me going. Have a look at some photos of yourself before you started loosing weight to.

xxxxx

Hi last night I put on half a pound. I was expecting it as I had a big family wedding, also not been feeling myself all week. I have got major PMT and a very sore chest.
I am feeling very down about my gain and feeling like I am losing my mojo.
When I first started SW I used to sit here for a couple of hours planning my weeks menu and shopping list but I haven't been doing it for a couple of weeks now.
I have lost 2st 12lb and really don't want to give up.
How do you all get your mojo back?
x

Ladypancho - firstly - well done the the weight loss so far.

How do i go about getting my "mojo" back when i'm feeling less then focused. I ask myself various questions.

How many weeks has that taken to loose that 40lbs? And if you average it out - how many pounds a week have you lost?

Why did you start this journey? What was your aims? What events/significant mile stones can I aim for? (whilst remaining realistic).

I did also recently find that starting to plan and write things down again helped give me the kick I needed. That and just looking back over my progress. Yes, I floundered for a few weeks, but overall - i'm happy with my loss. Over all I don't want it to stop.

I also put on half a pound this week - and thoroughly deserved it (wine, chocolate puddings, etc). This is another week, and I'll loose that half pound and more - cos I want to prove it was just a blip.

Ladypancho - there is some fantastic advice for you here!
I do think that revisiting the reasons why you wanted to lose weight is worth it - do you really want to go back to that place again?
As gettingthinnerbytheday says, you are only 2lbs away from your 3 stone award - you can do it!
Give yourself some tlc and don't listen to that voice that would like to force you back to your old ways.
Take care.

Hello LP..l Well firstly, can I say, well done on the 2stone 2lb loss :). Thats brilliant. You have stamina and will power, losses shows that. So you can do it, just get back to basics, plan, track, do some Red Days and EE days and use the SF foods too in your meals. MAybe exercising too? Good luck and I'm sure you will pick yourself up. xx

Aww thanks for all your kind words. I feel a bit more positive now. I gave myself a good talking to before I read all these replies and came to the same conclusions as you lovely people. I am just going to aim for that 2lb to get my 3st award.
I have had a good SW day today, I even refused a fresh cream apple turnover that was bought for me.
Thanks again. xx

Back