Losing My Way

well, all being well I will have lost on Monday, but I am not going to be satisfied unless I have lost the 2lbs I put on and at least another 2lbs!

Hi everyone,
I have found this thread really really helpful, because I have been struggling a bit since coming back from a 2 week holiday on Thursday. Like many of you I have completed foundation which has been a life changing experience and one I have really enjoyed despite it being one of the most challenging of my life. I planned my holiday at the begining of foundation to coincide with the end of the 100 days which at the time was the most I felt I would be able to manage and always planned to start a 'normal' low calorie diet now to lose the rest, but somewhere along the way I decided management was too important to miss and gritted my teeth to complete development first. BUT , I ate on holiday and thankfully ( miraculously actually!) I managed to come back from holiday a pound or two lighter ( I had planned to maintain). I was thrilled, but now I am in crisis. I start development on Monday along side a couple of lovely ladies from my foundation group who will have done a couple of dev meetings in my absense. The thing is I am still nibbling and eating becuase I came out of Ketosis while on holiday, and I think I am just making the most of it and its really not good. I think I am crooked thinking along the lines that I really probaly could lose weight now in the conventional way as I managed to on holiday and actaully I loved eating healthy salads and fish etc (sorry about this food talk) and why shouldnt I? It sounds to me as if development is a crisis point for a lot of people and I feel better knowing I am not struggling alone. It sounds as if LL need to address this as its obviously a common problem.
I have seriously considered askiang my counsellor if I could do foundation again as I have a BMI high enough as I was much more focused then. Does anybody know if thats allowed or done it themselves?
Anyway good luck to Little Blue and anyone else who is at this crucial stage.
Love from a very brown , but very naughty heaven can wait.

It sounds to me as if development is a crisis point for a lot of people and I feel better knowing I am not struggling alone. It sounds as if LL need to address this as its obviously a common problem.
As I'm still in Foundation, I'm very intrigued (and worried...) by this comment. What exactly is the limitation of Development compared to Foundation? So that I can prepare for it...

Thanks!

Also struggling with developers

Hi,

Congratulations on the amazing journey you've already made and your weight loss so far! That's important to say first I think - to be proud of how far you've come!

I really empathise with your developers struggle - I've also been in it since last summer and only lost about 7lbs in all that time. It's ridiculous as I can't quite give in on reaching my goal weight, but I also can't seem to stay abstinent, so I'm hovering around the same weight and 'picking' silly things to eat, which turn off fat burning. I don't know why I'm doing it - I've written thought records, re-set my goals, discussed in groups and with my counsellor - but seem set on self sabotage.

I've only got 2 stone left to reach my goal - and given I've lost 4 already, it shouldn't be that hard. It's frustrating isn't it?!

I'm not sure what advice to offer, other than this struggle seems commmon? I've just dug out my foundation book and thought of setting myself a 'mini' foundation for 2 weeks using that structure again and if I can't stick to it I will go into mgt rather than beat myself up more than I am?

Good luck, it's really helpful reading everyone's thoughts and experiences!

ix

Back