Losing the podge

beanflower

So it's day 8 and I've decided that, post 8.5lb loss WI yesterday, that it's time to start a diary.
I'm totally new to CD and, although I've tried and failed at SW and the like before (always lost in the first week, then maintained and gained so given in), I'm hoping to get myself to a healthy 9 and a half stone in time for my wedding at the beginning of September.
Got the shock of my life when I stepped on the scales at my first consultation last week (13.8 stone) and have thus far managed to stick to SS 100%.
All my family are pretty small and slim, and I'm just sick of being the fat one! My Ma know about the diet and keeps telling me that I'm fine as I am and that sonera people are just predisposed to being bigger than others. Easy for her to say, she's only a size 8-10.
Other half is 6'2" and can eat what he wants, but is being fairly supportive as he wants to tone up for the wedding. He works outdoors so he's always tired when he gets in huh doesn't make being active any easier (I have a desk job in an office full of men that seem to be eating all the time).
My first hurdle is it's OH's birthday on Tuesday so his lovely Father has booked a meal for Friday night that I can't get out of :(
Have seen my cdc and she thinks I'll be fine as long as I stick to white meat, safe veg and no carbs or sauces. Hope my will power doesn't give out!
Think that's enough waffling on for now, back to my chocolate tetras x

Hi beanflower! Well done on the loss at your first WI! So long as you see the birthday meal as a treat and make sure you go straight back on to SS the following day, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I started this diet on Friday 13 Jan and have thus far been SS 100% (other than three TINY sips of champagne that I couldn't get out of having). Also the first time I've done this diet or any proper diet really. Thus far am enjoying it but not sure if that's just because the novelty is yet to wear off. Time will tell!!

Well done on your amazing first week loss!
You can definitely reach your goal by September, it usually averages out at a stone a month loss so you will be there way before at that rate ;)

I can sympathise with you and your working situation! Desk job full and only work with men who are constantly eating and organizing cafe runs!

Good luck at your meal tomorrow, just keep reminding yourself why are you doing this.
Good luck :)

I'm hoping the novelty doesn't wear off too soon or I've got no idea what to do!

I don't know if I'm looking forward to tomorrow night or dreading it because I don't want to fall off the wagon. It will be nice to eat something solid for a change though.

The men at work are a nightmare! They're always bringing pasties, bacon butties and sweets in so the office always smells of food. And if there's any mention of diets they just laugh. I've learned just to keep quiet and sip my shake.

Having some tomato soup at the moment. It was my favorite last week and I really can't remember why, it's awful!

CD really has made me take a good look at my old diet and how much I was over eating. My portion sizes were a bit on the big side and I'm a bugger for picking! Not sweet things though, always more bread and cheese and anything savory. Speaking of savory, I could murder some marmite on toast!

I'm normally a savory person. I'd rather eat a sandwich then a chocolate bar but on CWP i prefer the shakes to the soups which i found very odd.
Well done on your first WI =) xx

Mmmm marmite on toast! That is all.... ;-) x

I'm the same! It's always been savory for me, sausage rolls and pasties, anything with pastry is a major weakness!
I liked the soups for a while but gone off all of em now, much prefer the milkshakes x

Hi Beanflower
well done, you are doing great, keep up the good work :D
i`m with you on the marmite on toast its the only thing i miss and crave, and guess what my daughter has it for brekkie very day so i have to fight with the inner demons while making her it

kaz:)

Evening!

So I went for the meal last night and attempted the only chicken dish on the menu, minus the sauce (was ridiculous as I could barely understand the menu anyway) and ended up being served with a plain chicken breast, some mash, and what seemed to me to be deep fried stuffing. Strangely enough I don't seem to be able to stomach plain chicken at the moment (makes me gag, no idea why) so I had a nice small, green side salad. Won't be going somewhere expensive again while on CD. As much as anything else, because I got so annoyed about not being able to understand the menu, and then didn't like the food, I'm sure i looked miserable all night. And then managed to convince myself that I'd spoiled the evening!
To top it off my Ma has announced that the whole family is going to the Indian next Saturday for my grandads 70th birthday, so I've got another meal that I have to attend.

Other than that I've booked myself in to get a new tattoo as a treat next weekend which has cheered me up lots.
Annnd I'm off for a night out this eve for OH's birthday as designated driver. It's strange how little not being able to drink is an issue now.

Had to stop myself sticking my finger in some tomato pesto earlier, it's just so darned nice. Will have to go and get myself some soup instead.

Bean x

Got a new kitten yesterday. Is it bad that even her food smells appealing? On the upside she's a great distraction, but she needs feeding about 5 time a day which isn't helping me to forget about food!
And I keep getting invited out for dinner :( I swear I should have checked my diary for upcoming birthdays, but then I suppose it's always the same.
Quite happy today tho; one odd the girls that I do my course with was that impressed with my results that she's going to join me on CD. It'll be nice to have someone else to moan on to!
X

ahem. it is against the rules of the internet to tell us you have a new kitten and not post photos!

I shall attempt it when I get home this evening. Wouldn't have a clue how to do it using this app!
X

Aww you'll have to post some pics of the little one :D

Damn I'm so useless at keeping an up to date diary.

Day 1 of week 3. 11lbs lost so far. Must admit I was a bit gutted that I only lost 2.5lbs this week but hey ho, that's just what happens isn't it. Had a rough day yesterday with OH being horrible but we've kissed and made up now so I'm in a charming, happy positive mood.

Worked out that I get married 30 weeks on Saturday so I've got excited about that too now. Nice bit of motivation to keep pushing forward with the weight loss.

Only problem I've got at the moment is I keep getting awful headaches, but as I've forgotten to take a shake to work for the last couple of days I'm putting it down to having large gaps between taking on nutrition.

Onwards and downwards!

Bean X

ForumRunner_20120202_125154.jpg

Oh, and this is my new little kitty :)

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I love kittens awwwwwwwww so cute!

ohhhhhhh!

too small - cuteness overdose!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The itty bitty puttycat!!! Gorgeous xxx

First off - Well Done on your loss! :)
Secondly - that kitten is so cute!!!
and thirdly - married in 30 weeks!!!!! exciting xxx

Feeling quite crappy today, felt nauseous most of the day and am pretty sure I've failed a stupid quiz at uni (I go one day a week through my job), but that's a whole other can of worms.

OH has also been a misery since I got in but has now perked up since I cooked him an omelettes. Men!

Trying a porridge tomorrow (swapped it for a tetra with a girl at uni), lets see how that goes...

X

Back