ProPoints Losing the post pregnancy chub

Mrs CC

Silver Member
I've decided after a bit of a break away to come back onto minimins. I was doing calorie counting, but for the last 8 weeks have been doing WW. I started at 12st5 and am down to 11st 6 so it's going well.

In March I had my beautiful son Anderson and while pregnant I got fat! I was 14 and a half stone last time I got weighed before I had him. The first few months of his life were tough, I had an emergency c section and found it hard adjusting to life as a new mum. Things have gradually become easier and I'm enjoying being a mum so much so I'm dreading going back to work in three months! Eek!

I had done WW many moons ago, but decided to come back to it to lose the baby weight to give myself a bit of motivation, as well as a bit of me time. I go to class on a Friday morning when my OH is off work so he has the wee man. I've been doing mainly Propoints, although I'm trying filling and healthy this week.

So that's me pretty much, here's hoping this diary follows me while I get to goal!

Good luck hun x

Thanks! How are you getting on with WW?

Today has been a nice but busy day. Went out for a massive walk with my OH and the wee man. Then we blitzed the house while he slept, then we went to my parents for the afternoon. I've just put the little fella to bed and am sat waiting for him to nod off. I'm hoping I can put my feet up tonight with my kindle.

WW wise it's been nice doing filling and healthy as something different, although I've had to be really mindful of the portion sizes and made sure I only ate when I was properly hungry. I just had three meals and didn't snack on as much fruit today, probably cos I felt so satisfied from my meals. I don't think I'll do it all the time, although it's nice at a weekend not having to weigh everything. I'm going to try it again tomorrow cos we're having steak for tea, yummy!

I am doing ok myself. I need to look into the "filling" thing a bit more - working shifts might actually benefit me more. Hubby cooked dinner today so sausages and mash it was, going to only buy WW sausages i think to keep points down in future.

I am doing ok myself. I need to look into the "filling" thing a bit more - working shifts might actually benefit me more. Hubby cooked dinner today so sausages and mash it was, going to only buy WW sausages i think to keep points down in future.

Have you tried the Quorn ones? They're the same points as the WW ones and I think they're a bit nicer.

Today has been a toughie. Anderson has been fussy with his feeds for a while and the doctors think it's reflux. He was given medication which we thought was making a difference, but today he has been worse than ever, being sick and not finishing feeds. It's so horrible to see and now I'm going to have to go back to the doctors with him tomorrow to see what's next. I just hate seeing him suffering!

It's been a good day WW wise though. We did another big walk this morning. I've got the map my walk app and use it to record how far I walk each day. Yesterday I did 4 miles and today I did 3! I usually do that walk 5-6 times a week with the little fella while he naps, so I'm probably clocking up at least 15 miles a week! No wonder my weight loss has been so good! I've enjoyed another filling and healthy day, especially steak for tea! I'm back on points tomorrow though I think, I rely too much on weetabix in the mornings when I'm rushing around with the little fella on my own!

Oh thanks for that - i will give the quorn ones a try. Sorry little one not well hope better soon. Just finished my set of nights - coped by taking fruit, fruit and more fruit to work and to curb the 3am choc fix took sachets of hot choc.

Oh thanks for that - i will give the quorn ones a try. Sorry little one not well hope better soon. Just finished my set of nights - coped by taking fruit, fruit and more fruit to work and to curb the 3am choc fix took sachets of hot choc.

You poor thing doing nights! I'm dreading having to go back to work and working until 10pm. I always find a hot choocie works wonders for a fix!

Well the last few days have been a nightmare! Monday Anderson just refused to take his milk and as a result was in a right grump. It was too hot to take him out plus I was so worried he'd had hardly any fluids and I had to speak to the health visitor and doctors to sort out new medicine for him. By nignt time I was exhausted! Yesterday he was better at taking his milk, but still in a grump and I didn't get out with him again cos of the heat. Usually if he's driving me mad I take him out, he'll sleep and the change of scene does us both some good. Last night he also wouldn't settle in bed, he'd scream every time we put him in the cot, even if he'd been asleep in my arms for 20 mins?! Eventually he went down about half ten and my OH and I climbed into bed exhausted and stressed out.

Today on the other hand has been brilliant. Anderson has taken all his milk with no fussing, he's back to his usual cheery self. My mum came over for the day so she helped with him while I had a break and got some jobs done. We also got out for a walk in the afternoon. I feel a hundred times better and much more chilled out again!

The good news is in spite of everything I've stuck to WW! I did another day of filling and healthy, which I've really enjoyed and then it's been back on points. Even on points days I've noticed I'm leaning towards filling and healthy foods now which is good. Fingers crossed for a good loss on friday!

Oh and another positive, I'm back in my pre-pregnancy summer dresses! So pleased! I was honestly convinced I'd still be 14 and a half stone six months after I had my boy! I was eating so badly when pregnant and in the first few weeks he was here. But I've done so well already. I call Anderson my little personal trainer. I've gotten into the habit of taking him out for a long walk to make sure he gets a decent nap. He's better now, but there was a time he'd only sleep in the pram in the day. Plus he's a big baby and likes ro be carried, so I'm getting a good work out lugging him around all the time!

Argh! I just wrote a massive entry that didn't save! So annoyed!

Whoops no it did!

Hows it going? I was down 5lbs so am really happy, good incentive to stick to the diet. X

Well done!

I lost 2 lbs this week so really chuffed. Even walked to my meeting this morning!

I had a weigh in day treat of a cadbury's caramel, but have counted it out of my weekly points. I'm aiming this week to walk 3 miles every day and to do more filling and healthy days. I'm out for tea tomorrow, so doing that might make things easier. I'm hoping I can shift another two pounds next week!

Had a lovely day with the wee man yesterday and today. He's been in a much better mood. He was even laughing, like proper belly laughs when my OH was tickling his belly before. Made my day. I went into see my work as well - really don't want to go back there! Boo!

Tomorrow my parents are having him so OH and I can get out to the cinema and for tea. I can't wait, we both need a bit of a break!

Well done. Xx i wish i could find the time to do some more walking but on a horrid 60hr week this week. Cant wait until monday, a day off, yayyy!!!

Urgh! This week has been terrible! I dunno why but I'm finding things really hard with Anderson at the moment. As soon as he got better with his reflux, he's started teething. So he's been waking up in the night more and spending most of his day in a right grump! Not good having a hot baby that wants cuddles all the time on days like this! I've found it so hard to stick to my points and eventually caved and have pigged out the last few days. I'm not looking forwards to weigh in now! I'm just going to get up and start fresh tomorrow!

I've just spent half an hour battling my son to get him to nap. Poor wee mite, he really doesn't like sleeping in the day! I'm having a well earned five minutes to myself!

Really pleased! I had WI in today and only put on a pound. Given the week I've had, I thought it would be much much more!

Back on the wagon as of this morning. Planned and tracked all my meals in advance, as well as walking to my meeting with Anderson. I honestly thought I would melt it was sooooo hot!

Today's been really chilled out. I'm trying to get the wee fella into a routine of waking, feeding and napping at certain times. It's not something I really wanted to do, but when I go back to work there will be different people looking after him and I need to be able to say feed him at this time and he has a nap at this time. Otherwise they won't do it right, he'll be grumpy and it's not fair on him or those looking after him. It's going well so far!

Feel like this week is going well. I've been 100% on track, have tracked all my food and exercise so hoping for a good loss on Friday. My husband is also getting on a bit of a health kick. He's started doing insanity (the loon!) and eating healthier. I've decided to do more filling and healthy days cos they make evening meals easier. I can make something for both of us now quickly and easily without having to weigh it all out. I am keeping an eye on my portions still though. I keep in mind what kind of portion I would have if I was doing points and don't use it as an excuse to stuff myself.

My exercise has gone out the window the last couple of days. On Sunday I did zumba on the xbox for the first time in about a year and oh my god it killed me! I've gotten so unfit! My stomach has also been a bit achey since so now I'm worried I've over done it with that. I didn't take Anderson out for a walk yesterday cos I just wanted a lazy day and I probably wont today either cos it's raining! I might try and so a little something when he naps this afternoon. I've ordered some exercise dvds off amazon - finally used my vouchers I got for my birthday! I've got davina's post pregnancy one (to avoid anymore tummy problems!) as well as a jillian micheals box set (might wait a while to use that one though!) as well as another zumba for the xbox. I'm so excited! I've finally got Anderson napping a bit longer in the day now which means I can get a bit more time to myself to do things like this.

I'd better go and get ready while he's snoozing, got to take him to the doctors today for his next lot of injections! I hate it!

I'm starting to worry about weigh in now! For the third day running I've done no exercise at all! Uh oh! I'm just enjoying having the wee fella nap well in the day too much and enjoying having chilled out time at home for once!

I'm still on track with my food. I'm loving filling and healthy, I love just being able to make healthy meals for OH and I. I just worry that it's a bit too easy and I won't see as good a weight loss doing it as I do on points. I'll see how Friday morning goes.

I can't wait for my exercise dvd's to come! I just wanna get back into exercise again! I probably would've done zumba today if I didn't have my mum round. Is it bad I'm looking forwards to doing it tonight when OH puts little one to bed?!

Well I'm gutted! We sat and worked out our money tonight for me going back to work and things are going to be really tight whether I go full time or part time. So I'm having to cancel WW cos I can't justify £20 a month! Like I said, I'm totally gutted, I'm really worried without a class I won't keep to it!

I'm feeling really sad tonight. I've cancelled my monthly pass, which means when this month runs out in two weeks time, I will no longer be going to WW meetings. It probably sounds stupid, but I will miss my meeting. It's a little bit of me time every week, it keeps me motivated to stick to it in the week and it's nice to have the recognition for losing weight. I'm also feeling sad cos I'm feeling super motivated at the moment and it just feels like I'm leaving at a time when things are going so well. :( But £20 is a tub of formula and two packs of nappies a month - this is how I need to look at things now.

On a positive note, I lost 3.5lbs today! So pleased after being worried about doing no walking and doing more filling and healthy days. All I can think is how good would my loss have been if I had done a walk every day?! So now I feel super motivated! I'm also glad I had a good loss on filling and healthy, it fits into family life so well. I'm enjoying sitting down every night with my two best boys and having a family meal!

I also realised today I've lost 17.5lbs since joining WW. Anderson weighed 17lbs when last weighed last week. So I have lost the same weight as him! It's mad to think I had been carrying his weight around!

My DVDs arrived today so I'm going to start doing more exercise tomorrow. I think I'll ease myself in with the davina post pregnancy one to begin with. The last thing I want to do it do myself a mischief with 30 day shred! I'm still just feeling sad I'm so motivated and I'm having to stop going! I need to find myself a new way of celebrating my losses and rewarding myself!

This weekend has been a mixed bag. I've had a really nice time, we went to my nephew's first birthday party yesterday. Anderson was good as gold, the only baby who didn't cry! Then today we went to a christening, although we left the wee man with my SIL so we could have a little break.

Anderson has been a bit fussy with his feeds again, we took him to the out of hours yesterday and saw the rudest doctor ever! After taking even less, we took him to the hospital this morning to get him checked over. The dr thinks his jabs on tuesday buggered him up, but he was really helpful, gave him a thorough check over and has told us to keep an eye on him this week, as well as seeing how his weight is. Being a mum is such hard work, no one tells you how much you worry about everything or how upsetting it is when they don't wanna eat!

With all the social occassions this weekend, my diet hasn't been great. Generally I've stuck to filling and healthy meals where I can, but had chicken burger and chips yesterday and this afternoon I had some buffet food and sweets. I'm pleased I've not gone mad though. I also did my davina dvd and although it wasn't too hard, it really took it out of me! I didn't do any exercise today though which I'm a bit gutted about - we had planned on a walk but getting little man seen was more important. I'm hoping to do something tomorrow. After the weekend, I want a good run in the week before weigh in on Friday.

I'm feeling super motivated today! I've just dug out a suitcase full of clothes I packed away when I was pregnant and tried some on. They're all too tight still, but I feel like I have something to focus on and work towards, rather than just focusing on my weight. I want to get back into these clothes asap! My wedding anniversary is in 5 weeks and I'd love to be able to wear one of my dresses then. Plus a load of my work clothes are in there and I go back to work in 9 Weeks! I need to be able to fit into them cos I can't afford any more for a long time!

I'm doing points today to give myself a little boost. I really enjoy filling and healthy, but I know points like the back of my hand and know it gets the good results when I need them. I'm also going to dig out an exercise dvd to do during Anderson's next nap. He's snoozing just now, but due up soon and I wanna clean the bathroom before he does. Better get off here then!

You are sounding very positive. Well done and good luck xx

"If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"

Week 1 - 5lbs ...........20lbs to go
Week 2 - 2lbs ...........18lbs to go
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6

Back