Losing the pounds whilst saving the pounds (hopefully!)

oh rumbletummy, so glad i dont have them monthly things ;)
just wondering are you allowed sugarfree jelly as that was my life saver when losing weight and having a binge day :eek:
hope its a better day today :D

Hi I hope you have had a better day today. I am finding it much harder this year for some reason and am dreading getting to the warm days and having to cover up but I can't seem to get my head in the right place.

I hope you have turned yourself around, star week is the worse for making people crave things but remember once you are through those few days you will not have the cravings any more xx

Hiya girls thanks for your replies :)

I do have some sugar free jelly I will make some up as it's a really good thing to have in the fridge I agree!! Star week has really knocked me off balance and I've been naughty all weekend!! I seem to struggle on weekends, I'm fine in the week, then I go to work on the weekend and when I'm finished I'm so tired I just graze all evening! But I have a plan!! I've decided to get weighed on a Monday as I think that will make me behave on the weekend a bit more!!

I've been good today so far, got the headache from hell though so don't feel like eating... I'm sure a few paracetamol will sort me out xx

Thanks for looking in on me Irish Lady :) xx

Well I have only got back on plan today... I've decided that I cannot control the amount of junk I am eating at the moment and so I need to ban all crisps, choc, biscuits, cake and sweets from my diet and see if I can get back on track and get healthy again xx

Feeling like I'm finally back into it again after a good day today. Went to Lidl this morning and spent £7 on healthy fruit and veg and some of my favourite Ainsley cous cous. No junk at all today so all going to plan, really happy :)

Still on plan and still no junk, very happy :)

Weighed myself this morning and I was 0.5lbs heavier than last Thursday so hopefully by Monday for my new weigh in I should have lost some and then carry on losing... not long til summer!! x

Food for yesterday was

B - Toast with LF spread (heb + 2.5 syns)
L - Ainsley cous cous (2.5 syns), apple
D - Spag bol, banana, apple, satsuma

5 cups coffee (hea + 1 syn)

Today

B - Toast with LF spread (heb+2.5 syns) clementine
L - Cous cous with chicken, tomatoes and peas
D - Beef and veg soup, lots of fruit

4 cups coffee (hea)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone and happy Saturday :)

I am still keeping to plan and feeling proud of myself for sticking to it! I'm really enjoying all my meals and excited about new recipes that I'd like to try.

I have now gone 4 days without any junk food and I'm feeling really well for it, long may it last! xx

Hi all!

Still on plan yippee :) Today I have had...

B - Toast (heb+2.5 syns)
L - Spag bol, banana, yog

And for tea I am cooking a bolognaise type pasta sauce but I'm using courgette instead of mushrooms... I know it's a bit like what I had for dinner but I needed to use up the courgette and this is the recipe I found he he!!

I am starting to run out of things so I think I may have to do a big-ish shop soon... or maybe I'll just try to be creative and empty the kitchen cupboards?? lol! xx

I will be being 'creative' this week until pay day!! Lol :) bring in te creativity!! Lol xx

Woo Hoo finally a weight loss to report... officially 1lb off this week (but it's 1.5lbs from Thursday so very pleased!!) so I'm 11st 8lbs now... hopingto lose 2lbs next week to reach my target for the Jazzy January challenge xx

I have spent £10 today... got some bananas, apples, clementines, fromage frais, ham, juice, stock cubes, milk and some liquid soap and shampoo too so not a bad shop!

I am into toasted BLT's at the mo although I've been having ham instead of bacon and tonight as it's Chinese New Year I'm going to try to make something to go with noodles... going to look for some recipes on here! xx

Whoops... just been and spent another £14 at Sainsbury's but then most of it wasn't 'proper' food or for me... had to get crisps for my son, cat food, coffee and sweeteners, and then stocked up on frozen peppers and mushrooms which will last a while, some more yogurts and bread, some juice, ham and a TV mag, money just doesn't seem to go anywhere anymore!!

Tea tonight was a lovely cottage pie, never made this before but I definitely will do again it was yummy! The recipe said the add some artificial sweetener which I had never done before but it did make it taste nice and you could tell there was some sort of 'secret ingredient' in it. My son really liked it too, it was so funny though because my friend called round tonight and was asking what I put in it so I said onion... and my son says 'onion?' in a really disgusted voice, then I say 'mushrooms' and again he says 'mushrooms?'... you see he doesn't like onion or mushrooms but it's amazing what he will eat when he doesn't know what it is he he!! xx

And I just need to add that it's now 1 week since I ate junk food whoop whoop... think this is the longest time EVER!!!! :)

sorry havnt been in to your diary but been very sick but on the mend now :D
and you have been really good this week ;) well done on the loss too. and yes money just dont go very far anymore.

Back