Losing the pounds whilst saving the pounds (hopefully!)

I was put off diet coke chicken for months last year as I expected it to taste like chicken and sweet cola but it does in fact taste like a chinese dish! x

Whoo lots of replies since I was last here... feeling quite popular ha ha!!

Cai I have been promoting the 'Diet Coke Chicken' at work and I have 2 colleagues who are going to try it so far he he!!

Lovely to see you popping in Irishlady, will pop on over and see you too! My friend at work went back to WW and was very excited about the new plan... think she said it was something like reduce your points for 6 days and then have a day where more foods are free?? Or something like that lol!

Wychypoo I've never used a slow cooker (even though I own one!!) I'm at home a lot so I usually just get the saucepans out he he!!

Josie I was so surprised at how the Diet Coke chicken tasted like a Chinese... wish I'd have tried it ages ago!! xx

Saturday 7th Jan - Green Day

B - 2 toast (heb + 2.5 syns) set the smoke alarm off at 6am this morning!!
L - Ham and tomato sandwich (2 syns) choccie biscuit (3.5 syns)
D - Chickpea chilli (chickpeas, onion, garlic, casserole mix, tomatoes, tomato puree, mixed herbs, cumin, chilli powder) mashed potato

Coffee throughout the day (hea)

hi, yes my daughter started ww last Thursday and it has changed slightly, so hope it works for her as she is quite depressed over not losing the weight after having the baby last April. At moment im not on my diary, but hopefully soon :D
;)

Just copied and pasted what I wrote on the Diet Coke Chicken thread (it's in the recipe section along with other people's take on it, I went for Josie's instructions!!)

I used onion, mushroom, peppers, soy sauce, added a tin of chopped toms, Chinese 5 spice (I have a 1/2 tsp measure and I used 3 of these heaped!) then I added a glass of Pepsi Max. Rather than simmering I boiled it uncovered for 10 mins so there was bubbles (a residue appeared around the side of the pan which I thought was 'scum' but it was the sauce thickening!) after 10 mins I added chopped cooked chicken and boiled uncovered for another 10 mins and it was lovely and thick :)

I picked up a tip from Nigel Slater's show, he said taste your food half way through cooking and if it's bland then add more at that point, so if after 10 mins it's tasting bland then add more 5 spice etc... mine tasted yummy so I left it as it is.

This is the first time I've tried it so can't compare using Diet Coke versus Pepsi Max but as Pepsi Max tastes a lot sweeter I wonder if this helps with the sweet Chinese flavour a bit more??

hi, yes my daughter started ww last Thursday and it has changed slightly, so hope it works for her as she is quite depressed over not losing the weight after having the baby last April. At moment im not on my diary, but hopefully soon :D
;)

Hiya hon, glad to hear that your daughter is joining, Dylan was 3 when I started tackling my baby bulge, I was so down the whole time and losing weight was the best thing I did, just need to lose the last bit again before summer... got loads of clothes that I want to wear again xx

OMG I am here to hang my head in absolute shame!! I just don't know what happened this weekend... it's like I was possessed by some hunger monster who wanted me to shovel junk into my body like it was a bottomless pit!!

The only explanation I can give is that it must be the PMT... I feel 'normal' again now and can't for the life of me think why I did it but at the time it was what I needed to do so I don't feel too bad about it lol!

Oh well... onwards and upwards... 3 days now to be good before weigh in, if I lose it wil be an absolute miracle so going for a STS fingers crossed.

If there is anyone religious out there then please pray for me tonight ha ha!!

xx

I had the same thing today Becky, I just did not stick to plan at all :eek:

We will both get right back on plan tomorrow and I am sure you can still lose as you've done really well other than this little blip. xx

Thank you Josie, a good start so far today and in a good frame of mind so hoping to stick to plan :) xx

Well done for getting straight back on plan.

It's funny because whenever I go off plan and eat things I shouldn't, I never really enjoy it! It's funny how the mind works....x

OMG I am here to hang my head in absolute shame!! I just don't know what happened this weekend... it's like I was possessed by some hunger monster who wanted me to shovel junk into my body like it was a bottomless pit!!

The only explanation I can give is that it must be the PMT... I feel 'normal' again now and can't for the life of me think why I did it but at the time it was what I needed to do so I don't feel too bad about it lol!

Oh well... onwards and upwards... 3 days now to be good before weigh in, if I lose it wil be an absolute miracle so going for a STS fingers crossed.

If there is anyone religious out there then please pray for me tonight ha ha!!

xx
I'm glad it's not just me who has the bottomless pit hunger days!

Lol Yoyo Dieter! Best thing you can do is have a laugh, I've had years of beating myself up about failing but I find poking fun at oneself is the best way to move on he he!!

Totally agree Josie that you really don't enjoy the food when you're over-eating it... it's just filling a void within... just really wish I could combat my comfort eating!!

Monday 9th Jan - EE Day

B - Toast (heb + 2.5 syns), grapes
L - Coq au vin (2 syns), potatoes, broccoli
D - ham (1 syn) and pickle salad, fudge (6 syns)

Coffee throughout the day (hea)

Last edited:
Lol Yoyo Dieter! Best thing you can do is have a laugh, I've had years of beating myself up about failing but I find poking fun at oneself is the best way to move on he he!!

Totally agree Josie that you really don't enjoy the food when you're over-eating it... it's just filling a void within... just really wish I could combat my comfort eating!!

At SW they always talk about stopping eating when you're full and listening to your body. I think I must be bloody deaf as I can go on eating forever.

Ha ha yeah I know!! I do try to show restraint nowadays, I remember when I first tried SW over 10 years ago I must have made up half a pack of basmati rice and had it with a can of veg curry and I kid you not I built a trench with my rice and proceeded to eat the whole thing... It took me about an hour and the zip on my jeans was opened half way through, but by jove I did it ha ha ha!!

Ha ha yeah I know!! I do try to show restraint nowadays, I remember when I first tried SW over 10 years ago I must have made up half a pack of basmati rice and had it with a can of veg curry and I kid you not I built a trench with my rice and proceeded to eat the whole thing... It took me about an hour and the zip on my jeans was opened half way through, but by jove I did it ha ha ha!!

Sounds like my idea of heaven. I just love food. I am pretty good at eating the right thing but I can seriously put it away, especially carbs. I adore rice, YUM!

i thought there was something in the air :eek: i just kept shoveling in the cake i felt terrible :( but today a good walk done me good :D
hope you had a good day :D

Oh maybe there is something in the air?? You can't beat a good walk, I really wish we had good places to walk around here, but we don't unless you like walking along a terraced street or along a main road! I would love to live near the sea, I think I would walk loads if I had a sea breeze to keep me company :)

Back