Losing the rest of it!!

brochmor

food is not my friend!
I have just come off a VLCD after losing 2st 8lbs, but taking a break, trying to lose the remaining 2st 10lbs by calorie counting and making healthy low fat choices. I have set a target of 800 calories per day along with starting the 'Jillian Michaels 30 day shred' tomorrow, hopefully I can lose 10 lbs by the end of the 30 days, and hopefully another dress size!
I went to tesco today and stocked up on lots of low calorie and low fat foods, weightwatchers bread and soups, sugar free jelly which at 8 calories is going to be a life saver, and altogether today I ate 760 calories so a good start! =D Any hints and tips would be appreciated!! xxx

You really shouldn't be on so few calories without a doctor supervising it hun. You could get ill.

Well on the VLCD I have was on for 8 weeks the shakes only come to just over 400 calories per day and I haven't popped my clogs ;) so I don't see how doubling that can be dangerous? I have the weight there to lose, I am still in the obese BMI section and I'm still 12 stone! xxx

It's not really the calories that's the issue as your right..... You won't pop your clogs at 800 :) but it's still not a lot of food. That means you face a few extra problems :( mostly its just about getting enough nutrition (the shakes contain lots of added extras) when you have a limited diet. And there are valid health concerns, your Cambridge diet coordinator would have been monitoring you etc and I know they discourage exercise as your body just wouldn't have the fuel to cope with it. If you've just come off a VCLD then starting at 800 and slowly increasing to say 1200 is probably your best plan? That should minimise the sudden gain from reintroducing food :) On 1200 you'll find it easier to exercise and that'll stimulate your metabolism and you'll find your losses are a lot faster for it :) If you choose to stay on 800 then have a mooch round the VCLD forum as they may have tips for staying fit and healthy on that plan?

I have bought some multivitamins and iron tablets to replace the vitamins that I'm not having in my shakes now because I realised that they really were doing me good! I was on lipotrim and actually I was going to the gym 4 times a week and working in an active job and I did just fine =D each pound of fat is 3500 extra calories that your body can burn for fuel, so I understand if someone of a healthy weight was only eating 800 calories that their body would struggle but I'm still obese. Im eating fruit, veg, carbs, protein, my diet plan is very varied and healthy but im just buying lower calorie foods, such as weightwatchers bread instead of ordinary bread, quorn instead of meat etc.....

If I start to feel ill on 800 calories I will increase what I am eating but if my body can survive on 400 and when I was going to the gym 4 times a week I burnt 6/7lbs in a week! When my weight gets to the 'overweight' BMI I intend to increase my calories to 1000, then 1200 when I get to a normal healthy BMI, because then I know I wont have so much stored energy to burn xxx

Well no one can stop you of course, but just be careful. I've been ill so not able to eat so much over the last year. Even though I was taking vitamins, my iron got so low I passed out a few times and the iron from the vitamins was doing nothing. Had to get prescribed tablets. If you do start to feel weak and stuff, definitely consider eating more calories.

Back