Losing very slowly

kikuka

Tequila makes miaow happy
hi everyone

Any tipe to keep the motivation going? I started a size 22, now a 14. i have just over 2st to go which is nothing really compared to what i have lost, but the losses are at most 2lb per week now, usually 1lb, and I am starting to get really demotivated - this has been for about 4-5 weeks. I have upped my exercise so am getting nice and fit, but my body fat is only shrinking verrrry alowly. Any ideas? i know I will get there in teh end but it is an expensive way of doing it, however I am scared to stop and try WW etc as i could never lose anyhting with them in the past. Thanks guys

Is no-one talking to me?

I think, medically speaking, that a 1-2lb loss per week is healthy. It's still 3500-7000 calories per week you are burning. I am sorry if this is disheartening, but you are so close to your final goal, it's bound to slow down some. The last push is usually the toughest. You will get there :)

keep reminding yourself that if you lost one pound a week it would only take 3 and a half months to get to goal which would be about xmas which would be a very nice xmas present indeed x

Hey skinny, never thought of it like that! I have decided to stop at Xmas once and for all anyway, and if not finished lose the rest through exercise etc, but I really hope I am done by then. Thanks for all your replies

That would be an awesome christmas present to yourself :)

Hey hun the average weightloss on CDis 3-4lbs a week, although people may have one or two bad weeks, generally 3-4lbs is normal. It sounds to me as though you have reached a plateau due to exercise. Basically your body is building muscle and may also be retaining water. Muscle weighs more than fat. Therefore the amount of fat you have lost may not be accurately represented by the weight on the scales. If you feel you are getting fitter and healthier then thats the main thing

xxx

Back