Losses slowed down :(

Well done on your losses. I'd be really happy to lose 3lb. Maybe it's because you don't have masses to lose. I'd say once you get over the first few big weeks then 3-4 lb is about right but then I'm not expert but the say a stone a month so your losses would put you bang on that. X

I would say it's because you don't have a lot to lose.

Sorry to say this and please don't take offence BUT you really should not be doing SS now, you could end up losing muscle and remember your heart is a muscle.. Be careful.

alinasmum said:
Hi all, Ive just had my 4th weigh in and have lost 3 pounds. Does anyone have any tips how to get the losses to increase again? Ive been on SS for the past month...should i increase my exercise now?

How tall r u hunni? X

sw: 13.13 w1:13.4 w2:13.0 w3:12.9 w4:12.5 w5: 12.2 w6:12.0 w7:11.9 w8:11.8

REALLY SCARED NOW :(

I would say it's because you don't have a lot to lose.

Sorry to say this and please don't take offence BUT you really should not be doing SS now, you could end up losing muscle and remember your heart is a muscle.. Be careful.

Oh dear :( My consultant hasnt mentioned that I shouldnt be doing SS now, Im really scared now :( Should I switch to SS+ now?? Can somebody please help as I dont want to do any damage to my heart!!

Have a word with your consultant, but at your height your bmi at 27.3 is still in the overweight category, so I assume that you will be OK to SS for a bit longer yet x x

your weight loss is normal hun, look at my signature, im on SS and on average im losing 2/3lbs one week then 2-4lbs the following week which may seem frustrating but it amounts to an average of 5-7lbs a fortnight, and 10-14lbs in a month which is far more than you would normally achieve on standard diets like slimming world and weight watchers where the average is 1-2lbs a week, so tends to work out between 4-8lbs a month on average. you need to look at your averages over a month rather than dwell on the weekly amount. you've done really well so far, losing 19lbs in a month. i started at 12 st 2lbs and lost 17lbs in my first month, but that was over 5 weeks not 4 so you've lost more than i did at the start! keep going, ur losses are really good, even if you lose 3lbs every week, that amounts to 12lbs over a 4-week month and 15lbs over a 5-week month so you'll average out a stone a month i'm sure. keep up the good work! x

Thank you so much, hon, that makes me feel better :)
I was just worried because somebody in this thread just advised me that I should be moving to SS+ or Im at risk of damaging my heart! My CDC hasnt mentioned this so obviously am concerned now :(

i'm sure you'll be fine, i know there have been a few threads on here recently about health concerns etc, but unfortunately not everyone is suited to doing SS or SS+ and some people need more food in their diets to keep them healthy. if you are concerned however, then defo speak to ur CDC but i think ur weight loss is normal. So far ive been on the diet since March, i've lost almost 3 stone but it would have been more if I hadnt had so many holidays in the space of only a few weeks! but on the plus side, i've managed to get my holiday weight off every time by getting back on SS but i just havent got to the stage where i've lost any extra but hopefully that'll change in the next few weeks as i dont have anything planned that'll get in the way!

ps love ur profile pic, puss is so cute! :)

My losses slowed down too from week 3 onwards, however the past 3 or 4 weeks they've picked up. My CDC was gettin concerned so I decreased my water intake slightly to a max of 2.75 - 3l a day and I went from losing 2 to 5lbs. But I also lost 5lbs last week when my water levels were up?! So I think it just depends on your body. I've also been having a few SS+ days during the week as I heard it can boost your metabolism if things have slowed down. Your body just may be trying to readjust itself after big losses in the first couple of weeks too. I wouldn't worry tho coz 3lbs is still a very gd loss :) xx

Hi all, Ive just had my 4th weigh in and have lost 3 pounds. Does anyone have any tips how to get the losses to increase again? Ive been on SS for the past month...should i increase my exercise now?

I would read, take in and believe what lumpyandbumpy has to say about your achievements so far!!

You know from another thread that I already think your 19lb loss in a month is amazing!

You are obviously doing something right so just carry on hun :) x

You are ok to do ss if you are 1 stone (or more) above a bmi of 25!

great things said:
You are ok to do ss if you are 1 stone (or more) above a bmi of 25!

Really?!! I'm 11 stone 8 now and 5ft6.5 so makes my bmi just under 26... A bmi of 25 for me would be 11 stone 3 but my CDC said I can ss until I'm 10 stone..... I want to be 9 stone 7 so she said to move up the steps when I'm 10 stone.... I still have a lot of fat to shift!! But I guess everybody's body is different!! Xx

sw: 13.13 w1:13.4 w2:13.0 w3:12.9 w4:12.5 w5: 12.2 w6:12.0 w7:11.9 w8:11.8

Back