Lost it!

anje

As the title says, I have lost it. I have been doing SS for 6 days, felt hungry all the time (awful weather doesn't help as I am indoors all the time), drunk all my water, spent hours here on the forum etc etc.
I still had a moment when I went to the kitchen and ate, like a robot.
Day after I managed to be (sort of ) good, but ended up picking in the evening. It seems days are fine, but evenings are my trouble-zone. I really need to find a way to engage in something to keep my mind off food. What could that be?
I am feeling low about the whole thing, but am doing my best to go back to SSing. It is now 2.30 pm and I have had 2l of water and no shakes. I will go and fix myself one, trying to save them for the afternoon as I am not feeling hungry at the moment, but will do come evening.
How are you guys doing? This sense of guilt is a terrible thing...

Hiya Anje. I hear ya. Been there. Back on track now though, so it is do-able :)

I find that evenings are toughest too. Part of it is habit and part of it is temptation (and yet another part - the evil unknown of our subconscience! lol)

For me, breaking the habit hasn't been too bad - when I have felt the pavlovian urge to get something to eat at an advert break on the tv (I wonder how many of us do that eh?!) I now just check my pint glass and refill it if it needs doing or distract myself with _anything_ like even just going to the loo or tidying something until the programme starts again.

The temptation part was easy too - luckily (well in some regards :-/) I live alone, so I literally cleared my fridge. The only stuff in there is booze! lol But I'm not a big lone drinker so I don't find that tempting at all. So the only real 'food' in there are my tetras. And cleared the cupboards of anything else I might munch on. I also cleared my kitchen counters of anything food-prep related, such as cutting boards (so I wouldn't be reminded what my kitchen used to be used for! lol) and set up my blender and CD sachets front and centre to remind me and keep me focussed.

That may sound extreme but I did it after a binge as - clearly! - I wasn't doing so well with food reminders around.

As for the subconscious mind? That's a toughie. I think lots of us have deeper issues, that perhaps we have used food as a means of comfort, escape, filling us up, whatever. As someone said, if you aren't hungry, food isn't the answer.

Whether it be habit or temptation, or other things like boredom, lonliness, sadness, even happiness, or - in my case - the scary realisation that I really am in control of my life for a change, the answer isn't food.

I don't know if any of that helped...but it sure distracted me from my stomach which was grumbling when I saw your post! lol

Good luck hun, you can do it :) As easy as it seems for some people, this isn't easy for everyone, and for you and me at least, maybe it'll just take a little more effort. But hey - the good things in life are worth fighting for eh?

:) Cx

What about going to SS+ where you have a small light meal?

I am sorry you are struggling....I try and do jobs that involve clean hands in the evening such as ironing, cleaning etc so that I cant pick!

Hey Smiley Cat! Thanks so much for such great (and speedy) reply. It would be good to receive member's opinions/advice asap as by the time you get a reply to your post, you might have gone and demolished everything in the kitchen LOL
How funny it was to read about ads and going to the kitchen, as this is exactly how it happened! Dear me dear me
From now on, i will sky+ everything I want to watch, then fast forward through commercials. There!
I am feeling a bit better now, so thanks for that.
I also decided to stop weighing myself every morning as the weight goes up and down so inconsistently. I have lost 10lb after 5 days of SS, but at the end of day 7 it was only 9lb. Should have been 11 or 12.
OK, lesson learned! No more scales first thing in the morning, and no getting off the sofa once the ads start.

Dieting rambler - that is really good idea, I will try that.
As far as SS + is concerned, i find that the small meal you are allowed to have keeps the hunger alive (like some alien lurking in the background), so decided against it.
I might have to rethink this, it is just that I am trying to loose as much weight as possible before xmas as I am going to take a day off, then continue.

Hi hon,

I know the hunger-thing. I've not really struggled with it in my beginning weeks, but now during week 19 I've really gotten HUNGRY!!!!! I think the cold weather doesn't make this diet any easier.. I want to wish you a lot of luck and strength in this difficult time!

You can do it!!

xx

My God Lostris, you have lost so much weight! Well done you, hope I do half as good as you

Aww thanks! I'm sure you'll do just as well!! :) Any special events you want to be slim for besides the obvious health-reasons? It might help keeping that in mind while battling the hunger?

xxx

Well, I would like to be slimmer for xmas as we are visiting friends and family that I haven't seen in a while. Apart from that, I would like to loose 3 stones for summer (plenty of time for that :) ). But main reason I would like to be slimmer is to get back into my clothes. You see, last year I lost almost 4st with CD, then fell pregnant and... you guessed it... So now I am starting again :p

Hiya, it is sooo hard at first isnt it? I remember tha I could barely think about anything else, other then when I was going to have my next pack, or what I was going to eat when I finished this plan. I watched food programmes constantly and read cooking books and magazines endlessly.
I have done 13 weeks of abstinence now and it is so much easier. I have to remind myself to have my packs, as I jsut dont think about it anymore. It does get easier. I started playing an online RPG, I spend more time pampering myself (nails, hair, etc) and I have started doing lots of craft activities. Anything to fill in the time that I would have spent vegging in front of the tv and eating.
DONT feel guilty, you cant undo years of overeating in just 6 days, it takes time to retrain your brain. Just keep going...it does get easier and the results are SOOOOOO worth it :eek:)

Well, I would like to be slimmer for xmas as we are visiting friends and family that I haven't seen in a while. Apart from that, I would like to loose 3 stones for summer (plenty of time for that :) ). But main reason I would like to be slimmer is to get back into my clothes. You see, last year I lost almost 4st with CD, then fell pregnant and... you guessed it... So now I am starting again :p

Hi,

You have quite a few reasons to keep going strong! Maybe hanging a beautiful item of clothing in sight so you look at it every morning (evening, all day haha) to remind yourself of what you want to be. Might help if you see it everywhere :) Maybe put it on the fridge hihi,

xxx

I have also been trying to reserve doing things until the end of the day. I will be wrapping some Christmas pressies, I have resorted out bills, watch a dvd...

You could also split your packs in half so you are having your 3 servings as 6 instead - i know some people find this a little easier

I have also found that a hot waterbottle is good on the tummy when you are feeling hungry- not sure why..

I am on Day 4 and have already had 2 early nights as I have been at breaking point in the evenings but I am trying to tell myself:
1) I am paying approx £36 per week for this - if I give in, I am wasting my money
2) Getting slimmer at the end of the diet is more important to me than having food - with food, you have it in your mouth for not a long time, it tasts good but then it is gone.

I know it is hard but once you are at goal, you will be so happy and can have a healthy lifestyle and will probably look back and realise that it was all worth it :)

Sending you big hugs - hang in there - you will be ok

Missfishcakes - LOL I have just finished painting my nails!
Lostris - I have a pic of myself (just after I finished CD last year) as my comp background
I think next thing CD should invent is somekind of device (???) that puts you to sleep so you wake up in 13 weeks time, all slim and gorgeous. Wouldn't that be great?
Cooking programs: yes, I watch those too, although I never did prior to CD. I also get these urges to bake cakes and try different recipes. Then of course, if I give in to those urges, I also want to try them (just to see what it tastes like). Stupid, or what? Well, I have completely stopped cooking and the only time I go to the kitchen is to either make my shake or to refill my water bottle. Poor hubby! Although his cooking has improved since he has to tend to himself now ehhhh

Lostris - I have a pic of myself (just after I finished CD last year) as my comp background
I think next thing CD should invent is somekind of device (???) that puts you to sleep so you wake up in 13 weeks time, all slim and gorgeous. Wouldn't that be great?

Hahahah that would be amazing!! I'd get that device lol. It would be nice if it did all my schoolwork too so I would do amazing in school hahah :D

Sounds fab, I suggest you write a letter to CD headoffice with this :DD

xx

I've spent some time reading the "how to" guide to this website, so now I have put all of you guys on my "friends" list. I am hoping to keep an eye on how you are doing. Next thing is to figure out how to do "buddy list"...

--------edited later on ------

I did it! Wasn't too hard. If only I can now work out how to view people's before and after pics... So many things to do, so little time to think about food LOL

Last edited:
I've spent some time reading the "how to" guide to this website, so now I have put all of you guys on my "friends" list. I am hoping to keep an eye on how you are doing. Next thing is to figure out how to do "buddy list"...

--------edited later on ------

I did it! Wasn't too hard. If only I can now work out how to view people's before and after pics... So many things to do, so little time to think about food LOL

Haha, those should just be in their album. I don't have any online so you can't find mine :)) Just to stop you from looking 100x and thinking it's your ''fault'' you can't find them haha :)

Hi hun, if you dont want to do ss+ with the small meal you could do ss+ using 4 cd shakes/soups/bars etc and I think 200mls skimmed milk.xx

Good luck hunni.xx

Back