Lost motivation

mimsickle

Evening people so i'm looking for any tips to get me back on track again now. I reached my goal weight a few weeks before christmas and my points were upped to maintain. First week i lost 1 and a half lb's. So upped points again. Next week i stayed the same so was pleased. Following week lost 0.5lb so i was feeling a bit down about not being able to get the maintenance right. Now i know it was early days but its frustrating.

So christmas came and i kind of went off track. I didnt track i ate whatever i felt like and just wasnt in the right frame of mind. Got back yesterday and weighed myself and i've put on 5lbs so now i'm annoyed at myself.

Problem is i've lost all confidence in the weightloss/maintenance and whilst i've tracked today and will have had exactly my points once ive eaten i'm just feeling very down about putting on but cant get back on track. Anyone got any tips to help me find my motivation again?

I feel exactly the same, I've been confident in my weight loss since March and lost 4 stone. Having this Christmas break has completely thrown me, I've gained half a stone in 2 weeks of not being too bad, just a few added treats. I think it's the shock of how quickly "normal" eating can make us gain so much.
Sorry I've got no amazing words of wisdom for you, but for me knowing that someone else feels the same makes me feel less disappointed with myself.
Onwards and upwards for us both cos we know we can do it and it works.... Positive thinking.... We'll get it off in no time ;-))

Im glad im not the only one thanks Tracer and you're right onwards and upwards! I think the problem is so many people use new year to think about loosing weight and theres a lot of talk in the office about loosing weight and i was already feeling down about it so that made it worse and i know it does work so i know it will get better!!! Good luck with finding your motivation again too :D

Aw, guys, don't be down.

We all may have had small slips, but just think how hard you've worked to get here You can get back on it, just draw a line under what you have or haven't managed to do lately, stop beating yourself up about it. You cant change whats happened, just move on and avoid causing more damage to your long term goals.

Hugs

:)

Thanks RhiBro tomorrows a new day and i will start it positively and fingers crossed will get back on track :D. I think im just caught in a downward spiral at the moment but i did track today and didnt go over my points so thats a start and before long i'll be back on track again.

Back