Lost my Dukan mojo

AnnTeak

:( As the title says I have really lost my dukan mojo, before Christmas and my true weight date I was 0.4 lb from TW I then gave myself Christmas off, put on 8lbs struggled to get back on the wagon but have struggled on and off and found it very easy to cheat which I hadn't done once before (which is unusual for me) then I had the flu and didn't really eat for just over a week then when I started to feel like eating again I just ate what I wanted but up until last week I couldn't stop eating like literally all day last week and this I have tried to be better but just can't get back into cruise, I am 6lbs above TW and know this diet works but just can't get myself into the right mind set :confused::(

Last edited:
Gosh Ann you've done really well to only be above TW by 6lb! That's entirely recoverable - and you must have taken on board some good lessons otherwise would have been more! My weight varies on a weekly basis over 4lb, and I'm quite happy about that - for me that's normal. So 6lb is not such a big deal.

You don't identify what it is that you feel makes you unable to restart - I like this way of eating on the whole, so unless something is really bugging you, why not give it another go?

i think the only thing you can do is set a date to restart, maybe have a couple of pp days to kick off with, then go into cruise mode until you reach target. It's not difficult, you know that cos you done it already. Then into conso and some treats, and you're laughing. Go for it, it's definitely doable!

Super has the idea or it, set a date for starting. You really have to get your mind psyched for it. Every diet I have done I have had a target date in mind. usually january or september start of school year. This diet was just a case of start on Monday, and this was the thursday before.

Stock up on what you need, which of course you know what you need. Have one last blow out day with all the foods you love to eat. Then on that morning, get up have a wee, get on those scales.............and off you go. Keep telling yourself, its not forever, just till TW and then you can have a few nice bits again, ie., cheese and bread.

Make sure you are fully fit though, being poorly is not the right time to start, also make sure you not due on, as this can stear you off track too. Good luck hunni, good to see you back on here though.

Great advice above. If you still can't get your head around it, how about you re enter the diet on phase 3, Conso. With just 6lbs to lose, moving into the diet from eating "normally", you will lose weight with a strict Conso regime I think. You might find it an easier switch too. You'd need to be strict with yourself though, without ketosis, but at least you'd have some structure to follow.

Good luck!

Thanks guys, super I think it is the restriction that I am struggling with although I don't really miss the carbs I think it is the thought of the PP days plus I know I have no resistance to temptation ATM which I nearly always have.

You guys are all right I need to pick a date and then stick to it, maybe after the Easter break as I have some time off with the children and would like to enjoy some days out with them with a treat or two if I really fancy it, plus that will give me the time to get my head into the right space.

I am physically recovered from the flu but have a really big stress in my life at the moment so hopefully that will be sorted by Easter too. And I have been here in spirit lurking around keeping an eye on all the good work you guys have been doing x

Stress is a duet breaker xxx relax Ann and your mijo will return xxx

a date to look towards is a good idea. Enjoy easter and we'll see you at the bus stop in April :D

Right you are on I wlll be on that bus after Easter. Thanks guys x

I too have struggled and when I can't seem to stick to it I try to consolidate what I have done so far. I stick to the rules for consolidation and have been able to keep the weight off but as you are allowed bread, carbs and celebration meals it is so much easier. Anyway, you have to consolidate it all in the end anyway and doing it in stages you break up the monotony of the PP and PV days. Then when I have had a break and am ready to go again I start with attack for a couple of days and then do PP & PV for a bit. Then I consolidate again. It works for me. x

Back