Lost my nerve

twinkle22

:cry: Was thinking of joining ww meeting tonight but I think I have lost my nerve. I am so shy and hate walking into a meeting on my own.
Does anyone do ww online? is it just as good as going to a group? :eek:

loads ppl do it online on here ... i don't personally i go to group as i prefer having to weigh in front of someone
everyone's really nice in groups though, there's no need to worry

Hi Twinkle, I know that it is very nerve racking to go anywhere on your own but at least these people will all have the same thing in common with you even tho' there may be one or two that may have reached there goal they still will know what it is like and will have great empathy for you.
There is also the fact that whatever we do in life to some extent, needs a bit of courage...even actors who have been on stage etc. lots of times, still get nervous. When you keep that in mind so you know that you are not alone in those feelings it will make things more bearable.
There is also the fact that you will no doubt make some very good friends there who will support you and want to know how you are getting on, just as you will be able to do for them!
Take a deep breath, sweetie, and put your best foot forward and I guarantee you will not regret it...:)

joining WW

Hello. This is my fist post on the site. I am desperate to loose weight as its affecting my health as well as my mental attitude. I am going to join WW tomorrow night. I have been going to join since the middle of jan and have made an excuse every week , but no more this is the week I have found your web site and I take control.

:cry: Was thinking of joining ww meeting tonight but I think I have lost my nerve. I am so shy and hate walking into a meeting on my own.
Does anyone do ww online? is it just as good as going to a group? :eek:

ahh i know how you feel, but like the others have said, everyones there for the same reason as you are!
i went to a few meeting and everyone's lovely and welcoming, and it does give you a buzz when they read out that you have lost, it spurs you on loads!
i have had to stop due to working shifts and i do it at home, i have the WW scales and weigh myself weekly and keep a track of it.
This site is like a little meeting- you get to talk to loads of people and give/receive loads of help and tips!!
All the best :) x

If anyone is worried about going to a meeting, don't be, you can do it! I was terrified when i first went to ww but within a couple of weeks i had made some friends who i sat with and i'm now a helper! In our meeting we keep an eye out for new members and point them in the right direction so don't be shy, you'll be happy once you've taken that step xx

I'm an online member as I was fed up with meetings. Don't get me wrong , I've done meetings on SW and WW and at the time they were great. But this time I decided I was losing weight for me and it was to be low key without explaining to anyone if I stayed the same or gained one week... so far I've lost 6st, I'm chilled out about it. I lurk on here, scout the WW website for new info and also made some twitter friends... its fab. I think it depends what support you need or whether you want to focus on your own teach yourself to be disciplined to weighing in at home every week and being honest if you have a bad week. Best of luck with whatever u decide :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

i was doubly nervous as i am a muslim and proper cover up and literally the only 'different' person in the group.

No one has treated me any different - theres a feeling of we are all in it together.

The meetings are really good and help you to motivate yourself and u can get ideas off the other members

Thanks for all your answers each one has helped xx well I bottled it :(. I sat out side and watched everyone go in and I went home. I'm so angry with myself that I am definitely going next week. Nothing can feel as bad as the way I feel now:( x

Thanks for all your answers each one has helped xx well I bottled it :(. I sat out side and watched everyone go in and I went home. I'm so angry with myself that I am definitely going next week. Nothing can feel as bad as the way I feel now:( x

Join online. I went to meetings and they were helpful and everything because people shared tips and ideas but i hated it. I felt like i was just too quiet and everyone was staring at me. I didnt want to have to make conversation with people either cause i'm just too damn shy! Thats why i do it at home now and come on here if I need any extra info!

Ah Twinkle, don't be too hard on yourself - it's a big step, especially if you are shy, as you said in your first post. I don't go to meetings personally, I have joined WW online - this isn't due to shyness, just my personal choice. After many years of joining and rejoining meetings I have finally decided that going it alone suits me better, for all sorts of reasons, but I won't bore you with them! If you really don't feel you can go into a meeting, then perhaps join online and use minimins as your online meeting, where you can stay as anonymous as you want. Read around the forum and start to prepare yourself by getting as much info as you can, and then next week you can decide if you are going to go to the meeting, and if you do, perhaps it won't seem so daunting armed with a bit of knowledge about the WW plan. Whatever you decide to do there is a lot of support here.
Good luck, whatever you decide.

Go for it Twinkle..we are all rooting for you..:happy096: ..and don't forget to let us know how you got on too!!

At first I was petrified of meetings because I'm so shy, but after a while it really helped my motivation. I actually look forwards to impressing my leader :) It really is inspiring to hear everyone elses weight loss, and if you do go alone I'm sure someone will be nattering to you within five minutes anyway :)

I like the discipline of weighing in at a meeting, but can understand how nerve wracking it can be. Have you been to meetings before? If you haven't, it might help you to know your leader never says your weight out loud, s/he will just tell you how much you've lost/gained. You'll never be singled out out as the biggest gainer or whatever either. You'll be allowed to set your own goal. My leader doesn't say 'oh your goal weight is ...', she says 'let's aim for losing 5%, then 10%'. Even if you don't stay for the talk (though I recommend you do, it's a great way of meeting people who understand, the support you get is great. Maybe you could join online, then go a meeting after 3 months when you're into the swing of it?

Im doing it online for the 1st 3 months as im getting it for £1 odds through quidco. After that will see how i feel and maybe join a group then.

Dont let the nerves get on top of you hun, i did that last year and lost the use of my psychologist as i was too nervous to go out and see people etc. Regret it like crazy now.

If the meeting is the way you want to go then just go for it and see what you think. If you still dont like it then explain it to your leader and she'll either offer advice or reccomend online.

Good luck either way :)

Is it possible for you to phone the leader up before you go so that she can look out for you?

When I went to my first meeting I went with a friend as first meeting is free and she wanted to lose some weight too but nowhere near what I need to lose, I also went half an hour earlier when it was just the leader and the helpers and hovered around the door and the leader came up to us and as we were first there everyone said hi as they came in there was no pressure to approach anyone. I don't think I could start without knowing I was being weighed by someone else and if you pay monthly after your first time it pushes u a bit to carry on going till you forget why you put it off in first place.
Corinne

Back