Lost the plot - BIG TIME

Toots

Gold Member
Does anyone know of any appetite suppressants I can take along with CD (I know that ketosis should do this but I'm one of the unfortunate people who remains hungry throughout)? If there aren't any then I'm just going to have to grit my teeth. I'm just worn out with being constantly hungry and I'm finding it harder and harder to keep my resolve. :sigh:

Would something like appesat be safe / allowed? :confused:

Thanks
xx

Last edited:
I am not sure but would think it would not be allowed.

I will highlight this to some of the CDC's who would know the right answer.

I feel for you Toots as I can not imagine how difficult this diet must be for you if you have still got break through hunger pangs.:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

oh my goodness, how long you been on CD for and having to cope with this? Not surprised your at your wits end hun xxx

My recommendation would be to drown the "hunger" (if...of course it is real hunger) with water, or have another pack.

Have to wait for a CDC to come along and give the official line..but I really think taking extra pesky pills would be a no no I'm afraid.

On and off since 2006 !!! I've never got to goal coz I always get to a certain point where I can't take it anymore and the hunger takes over - then I go crackers and have to start all over again :rolleyes:. I've started each one weighing a little less than the previous restart so at least that's something :eek:.

Not this time, though!!! Am 6 lbs lower than I have ever managed before and just trying to find a way through to a normal BMI. I think that that will help me mentally. I just need a little help to get there :)

xxx

your so close it seems such a shame to stop the diet now hun.....can't you stick with it for another couple of weeks...break your packs in half and spread them over the day, and then fingers crossed it wont be long before your working up the plans????

Really feel for you.....ketosis has been my best friend in thie journey with the hunger.....impressed you have always come back to it knowing the hunger gets to you....!!!!!
REally hope you can see this final furlong of the journey out hun
xxxx

You too? Sucks doesn't it? :sigh:

How about hoodia? I seem to remember a discussion - I think it was on DH forum? What was the conclusion? Can we use it?

can you tell I'm getting desperate? :D:eek:

xxx

I'm always starving too Toots! I'm in my 9th wk and my stomach always has that gnawing hollow feeling! I can't wait for a CDC to answer this question either cos its a huge daily battle isnt it? You hang on in there though cos you've done fab and, as LizMB says, it would be such a shame to lose the plot now. When I get to my lowest ebb with it, I just keep telling myself that its only temporary and one day I WILL eat again! xxxx

I don't think there is an official line from Cambridge about the use of appetite suppresents, as they are rarely needed. Not saying people don't get hungry, just that if ketosis doesn't knock hunger on the head, then it's unlikely that an app. supp. will have much more effect (except a placebo effect that is).

Appesat is mainly green tea and cinnamon. both of which are allowed. There is a bit of a root of something (can't remember what without googling) which wouldn't be allowed, but I doubt it would be enough to help.

It may be worth trying the green tea and add some cinnamon to your shakes as a half way measure.

You could also try splitting your shakes. I couldn't cope on 3 meals a day. Had to have 6 half meals to keep hunger at bay. Having said that, I was hungry when I finished each shake, but it did go off.

I never remember feeling full or anything, but the hunger pains would go off leaving me in a neutral state until the next meal was getting due.

Aside from that, what about going up to SS+ or 810. You get loads of stuff like quorn. Weight losses are not much less and will make the diet more manageable.

You don't say what BMI you are. This could be an issue as hunger is more likely if it's time for you to move up a plan.:hug99:

I don't think there is an official line from Cambridge about the use of appetite suppresents, as they are rarely needed. Not saying people don't get hungry, just that if ketosis doesn't knock hunger on the head, then it's unlikely that an app. supp. will have much more effect (except a placebo effect that is).

Appesat is mainly green tea and cinnamon. both of which are allowed. There is a bit of a root of something (can't remember what without googling) which wouldn't be allowed, but I doubt it would be enough to help.

It may be worth trying the green tea and add some cinnamon to your shakes as a half way measure.

You could also try splitting your shakes. I couldn't cope on 3 meals a day. Had to have 6 half meals to keep hunger at bay. Having said that, I was hungry when I finished each shake, but it did go off.

I never remember feeling full or anything, but the hunger pains would go off leaving me in a neutral state until the next meal was getting due.

Aside from that, what about going up to SS+ or 810. You get loads of stuff like quorn. Weight losses are not much less and will make the diet more manageable.

You don't say what BMI you are. This could be an issue as hunger is more likely if it's time for you to move up a plan.:hug99:

Thanks KD, thats fab. :D Wasn't 100% sure you could have cinnamon so now I know I can have it guilt free.

I also have some Wu-yi green tea (the diet stuff - I didn't buy it, my cousin did but gave it to me coz she couldn't stand it and, whilst I don't believe in the diet properties of it, I find it yummy ) - do you think that would be allowed? If not, it's not a hassle I have some green tea with mint.

My BMI is 27 so I know that I should be moving up the plans sooner rather than later but I am genuinely not ready (this is where I have fallen before and I am scared of taking that next step) -I want to give it another couple of weeks (going old school). I am just as hungry on CD at a higher BMI. I think the problem is that as the weight lowers so do the losses (sometimes they stop) and the hunger seems less worth it and it's just that little bit harder to persuade myself to stick with it without the big rewards (although I know that if I stick with it I get the biggest reward of all)- if that makes sense :confused:

Thanks again

xx

I'm always starving too Toots! I'm in my 9th wk and my stomach always has that gnawing hollow feeling! I can't wait for a CDC to answer this question either cos its a huge daily battle isnt it? You hang on in there though cos you've done fab and, as LizMB says, it would be such a shame to lose the plot now. When I get to my lowest ebb with it, I just keep telling myself that its only temporary and one day I WILL eat again! xxxx

Thanks xxx

I have now removed my head from my butt, re-read all your replies and noticed all your signatures. I have to say that you're all doing FAB
Well done, Ladies

:party0011::0clapper:
xxx

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Got my mojo back? B.S!!

I am such a TOSSER!! In a fit of what I can only call insanity I have just inhaled about a week's worth of calories in toast and biscuits

The reasons? Well, the hunger for one thing, added to a 3 week plateau - scratch that, a 3 week plateau followed by a 2lb weight gain!! So I thought "F it" - only to instantly regret it - but too late now and, as I refuse to go down the road of sticking my fingers down my throat, there is nothing I can do to change what I've done.

The excuse - well, quite frankly I don't have one :sigh:

I just thought I may feel a tiny bit better if I confessed

Why won't the fat leave my ass? :confused::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sorry to rant

xxxxxxxxxx

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing really well. This is a temporary blip. You know the drill - you've been here before, tomorrow is a new day. Just put the toast and biscuits behind you and start the day with a clean slate.

Your ticker says you've got 12lb to go. That is very achievable. Break it down, 2lb a week - in a month and a half you could be at goal, if not sooner!

Thanks - I know I am probably not being terribly kind to myself but I need to be a bit mean to me to try to get past this hurdle :eek:

Also, patience is a virtue that I am sadly lacking :rolleyes:

xx

I've never had pink on the ketostix either, and my tummy was always rumbling, embarrassingly so at times and there was nothing I could do about it, just kept drinking the water. I did divide my shakes in half and had 6 halves a day made up with a mug of hot water each time as I found that having them hot helped slightly, and then moved on to SS+ at around 8 weeks and split my meal into 2, so then had 6 half shakes and 2 small meals.... just thought if I kidded my body I was eating all the time I would be okay... this did help and I have lost over 4 stone now.... I am so nearly at goal, but I still wonder if I will live my life always being hungry... lol

Tks and well done on the loss - fab stuff

xx

Have totally lost my mojo and am at a loss as to how to get it back :cry:

HEEEEEEEEELP :eek::eek::eek: :break_diet:

xx

Not started CD yet so feel free to disregard my comments but here goes: I too plateau badly around a certain weight and think 'oh well, I look okay I'll just eat something'. That takes me off the diet and it just spirals from there.

The time(s) I've stuck at it and broke through my plateau, it was amazing. Because you're *lighter* than you've ever been before you feel like a new person and get new motivation from that.

You WILL get there, just keep on chipping away, keep moving forward. Good luck, remember you're *almost* there.

Back