Lost the plot

mudbabe

Fitness Freak!
I was managing to keep to packs and a bit of food to see me through my course, and was actually looking forward to cutting the food again from Saturday, but I have lost it completely today.

At about 11am I got a call telling me my grandad had died and I havent stopped eating since. Or crying. And have 2 written exams in the morning.

I am very sorry for your loss:hug99:

Don't beat yourself up about eating as you can always start again with a clean slate when you are feeling less stressed and upset...for now focus on yourself and your exams if you can.

aww - what terrible news. Is there someone you can go to for a good hug, that would be better than getting a hug from food. Your course advisor may well be able to offer you an alternative exam date, so is it worth checking this out? I am thinking about you and sending you virtual hugs. If you do put on a little weight at this difficult time it's fine, you are human and are going through a really horrible time. Don't take your eye off your weight for too long though. I bet your granddad was very proud of you and would not want the work you have already put in to go to waste. Whatever happens take the time you need to grieve. Know that your virtual friends on here are thinking about you. Take care xxx.

So sorry to hear your news. Dont get stressed about your diet just now, youve much more important things to deal with just now

Thinking of you x

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Please don't worry about the diet at this time - look after yourself (((hugs)))

Thats very sad Mudbabe, im so sorry to hear of your loss. You have to speak to someone to get your exam date changed, you cant do that with the stress you are dealing with. Hugs honey.

Thanks everyone. Its been such a hard day. He had been in hospital for some months after breaking half the bones in his body, including his back in 5 places, (he fell down the stairs and had osteoporosis) but had somehow bounced back, was walking again, and they were hoping to have him home before long, but then he got a chest infection and wasn't strong enough to fight anymore.

I want to take the exams, they are multiple choice so not like I have to write essays, and my fellow students have been amazing today :)

im so sorry to hear you news it must be so difficult. i hope your exams go well.

..........that is such sad news Mudbabe I am thinking of you. I just know your Grandad would have wanted you to do well in your exams so just remember that and I'm sure you will do well. Good luck xx

So sorry to hear about your Grandad Mudbabe
Take the pressure of this diet away for now concentrate
on getting through this stressful time X

<<big hugs>> Mudbabe. I hope you got through your exams ok, and had lots of support from your course colleagues. Focus on you for now, and you'll soon be back on track when the time's right.

xx

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
We are thinking of you during this difficult time. Don't let the diet be an added burden/stress for you. Focus on getting through the next few days, and you can think about the diet when you are good and ready - the last thing you need are feelings of guilt over food.

Xxxx

Thanks again everyone. I think the exams went okayish, 2nd one was fine, 1st harder in that I couldn't get the knowledge to come out of my brain - things I know that I know just wouldn't come out!!

I had also had 2 'open book' papers, one before and one after hearing the news, and got 100% on both!!

I still cannot believe how I am feeling. I lost my other grandfather 8yrs ago but the grief this time is a million times greater. We were exceptionally close, more than I am with my own parents even, and I just can't believe he has gone.

Just seen this - so sorry to hear of your loss :hug99:

xxx

Thanks again to you all:grouphugg: I had a long phonecall with my mum tonight and, even though it was my dad's dad who just died, I know she loved him very much too and realises how close I was to him. My dad hasn't really cried yet, he's too busy notifying the many organisations, bands, orchestras, charities etc etc that my grandad was involved with, but until he does cry I don't feel I can tell him how I feel, if that makes sense??

Anyhow, I have managed to gain half a stone since Thursday:eek::eatdrink051::whoopass: so I'm hoping to get back on the diet tomorrow, though I will break it briefly if there is a funeral so I can raise a glass to the best grandfather and friend a girl could ever wish for :party0036:

I'm thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way. I'm sure you Mum is a great support for you - and you will be for her too. I bet your dad is keeping busy at the moment rather than deal with his loss. This is normal and is a defence mechanism we humans have to allow us to get through the most difficult times in our lives.
He will need you though, after the funeral is over and he has to come to terms with his loss. You sound like a lovely supportive family and that is what you will all need to get through this.

Your granddad will have appreciated just how special you were to each other and it is right and proper that you should have a drink to his memory. Don't worry about any weight gain - it will come back off again later - it's probably water weight and will go almost immediately you get back on your plan in any case.

Take care of yourself and keep in touch both with your friends on here and in real life with your non-virtual friends. You need all the support you can get at this difficult time. Take care,
Caroline xxx.

Back