lost weight, now have back ache!

Cai

has a thin girl inside!
have been following SW dice feb, over tha last couple of months I have been suffering back ache!
It was so painful yesterday on my drive he from work I nearly stopped off at the doctors!
I have a hit water bottle to ease it and my hubby kindly rubs it if I ask.
My mother suggested it might be linked to the loss and maybe my back muscles are working differently, can anyone confirm this as a possibility or in fact even had it themselves!?
I'm reluctant to go to the doctors as don't like to bother people!! - well just you kind ppl! :)

Normally back pain improves with weight loss and I can't recall anyone complaining of getting back pain apart from having a bony bum.

Back pain can be caused by all sorts of things, you might not remember yourself that perhaps you could of picked something up or turned the wrong way in your chair whilst reaching for something and pulled your back as it is easily done and can take a week or more before it hurts.

Best go to the doctor and get it sorted as it is not something you want to leave to chance just in case you might be doing more damage without knowing it.

By the way...well done on your fabulous weight loss:happy096:

Actually I can relate to this, my back started to ache a bit a few weeks ago, however now when it twinges I engage my abs and it gets better.
So maybe you need to work on some core exercises to strengthen them, if like me you had a big tum then your centre of balance may have shifted causing a drag in the muscles.

Thanks!!
i'll try some exercises...not sure which ones yet tho!! I'm rubbish with exercise!

My oh recently had to have physio recently because his back kept going. It turns out that he injured his foot years and years ago but must of started walking slightly differently on it even unconsciously after the foot got better. This meant that the muscles on one side got weaker and then he started getting the back pains.

As somebody has already wrote, if you have lost a lot of weight you may need to strengthen up your muscles and if it doesn't get better go to the doctors because it takes lots of visits before they send you to a physio.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Someone advised me to try Pilates maybe find out if there's a class?
My friend recently qualified as a Zumba instructor although she wasn't big to start with her tummy was a bit rounded now it's as flat as an ironing board! I hear it's great fun too!

Generally remember to engage your abs throughout the day, I spoke to a Physio who said that your back and abdomen should work together to keep you upright, too many of us rely on our back!

Hope you feel better soon but DO see the doctor before doing ANYTHING!

I've had several bouts of back ache since starting slimming - I think it makes sense that as you lose weight your posture changes and that can affect your muscles.

I got really bad upper back pain after sleeping - I bought a mattress topper and that helped ease it, and then it went away by itself.

Recently I've had some more back pain, but I've found exercising to help strengthen my back has really helped.

If it's really painful though I think you should go to the doctors to get checked out, in case you've managed to injure yourself in some way!

have been following SW dice feb, over tha last couple of months I have been suffering back ache!
It was so painful yesterday on my drive he from work I nearly stopped off at the doctors!
I have a hit water bottle to ease it and my hubby kindly rubs it if I ask.
My mother suggested it might be linked to the loss and maybe my back muscles are working differently, can anyone confirm this as a possibility or in fact even had it themselves!?
I'm reluctant to go to the doctors as don't like to bother people!! - well just you kind ppl! :)

Back pain could be caused by so many different things - you ought to consult your doctor.

Going to the doctors is not "bothering people" - it is consulting professional people whose job it is to diagnose.

Back