Lot's of gains at WI today...

Ninja

Silver Member
...and salads were apparently to blame.

Is anyone on here eating really well, lot's of salads and yet sts or gaining?

is that to do with the water in the salad or does your body feel like you havent eaten enough therefore is hanging onto the calories.

I'll be interested to see if i lose this week. I have eaten alot less than the last 2 weeks (and not on purpose either) when i lost 4lb and 2.5lbs, and i am concerned i may have stayed the same or only had a very small loss. Wonder why that is? Before anyone wonders i have optimised in the rules all week.

Is it the salads or is it whats being put on the salads and not counted as a syn? That little bit of coleslaw, salad cream, dressings etc all come at a price, but I would have thought if you eat salads with a HB you should still loose as long as the salad is "clean". Maybe people are retaining fluid as a result of the hot weather.

The general consensus at group today was because of the water content. Apparently because it's hot our bodies naturally hold on to the water. Also variation can play a key. If your eating the same salad every day, not only is it mundane and boring but your body doesn't like to get rid of it's excesses.....or something like that...lol.

Well, I'd never have put salads down as a reason for sts or gain! LOL!

Well, I'd never have put salads down as a reason for sts or gain! LOL!

There were loads of them at WI today who swore that they've been really good, only eating salads because it was too hot to eat anything else and yet they sts or even gained a little bit. Our consultant said to put more variation in the salads. To add some chicken, pasta or bacon to it otherwise the body would naturally hold onto everything as it thinks it's going into starvation mode.

All the more reason to ditch the salad and have SW chips like I'm about to do!

Addagirl!!! ;)

That's my kind of diet...lol. leave the lettuce leaves for the rabbits :p

Is it the salads or is it whats being put on the salads and not counted as a syn? That little bit of coleslaw, salad cream, dressings etc all come at a price, but I would have thought if you eat salads with a HB you should still loose as long as the salad is "clean". Maybe people are retaining fluid as a result of the hot weather.

i have got to say i agree with this. i love salad! maybe im strange but i do and i have only eaten salad this week and i lost 2.5lbs. i think people do think i will just have a little bit of coleslaw or a tiny bit of mayo and then over the week it adds up!

I have light salad cream on my salad, which i measure and count as syns so i know i've been ok. I'm sure you're right though some people think a little bit that they don't count won't matter!

I have been eating lots of salad leaves cos I have lots growing in the garden - yummy free food (in cost!) and I always eat lots of it in the warm weather. I wouldn't have thought salad would cause you to gain, I bet people have been drinking a lot more as it's so hot and retaining that. Or, not eating enough!

I've gained this week cos I've been a cake monster on holiday!

i am having salad for my lunch tomorrow - going to have some lettuce, scallions, pickled cauliflower, batchelors savory rice, tomatoes, boiled egg, reduced fat cheese, ham and homemade potato salad (potatoes, hellmans extra light mayo and scallions) so hopefully that won't be too bad! Eeek - looks a massive amout when its written down!!

Lots of people STS and gained in our class, but they fessed up to more than enough alcohol at their BBQs! I've eaten loads of salad this week, but overindulged on the chilled rose but got away with it!

i am having salad for my lunch tomorrow - going to have some lettuce, scallions, pickled cauliflower, batchelors savory rice, tomatoes, boiled egg, reduced fat cheese, ham and homemade potato salad (potatoes, hellmans extra light mayo and scallions) so hopefully that won't be too bad! Eeek - looks a massive amout when its written down!!

That sounds so lush!!! Can you make me one? My salads are always so boring!!!

Back