Lots of water

lemony

I've been drinking more water than usual for a fair few months, going from about 20 oz a day to 80-100 oz. Every now and then i have a bad couple of days and only drink 40 or so. However, my body isn't getting used to all this water at all. 80-100 oz isn't exactly a lot, but when i do drink that much i have to go to the toilet every 2 hours! It's really not practical and i'd like to know how long it took your body to get used to the extra water.

Thanks!

If you increase it steadily rather than all in one go your bladder will cope better. Also every 2 hours is not an overly frequent amount to go, the purposer of the water is to cleanse the body and it can only do that by flushing through and getting rid of the excess.

I used to drink loads of diet coke and I just swapped that for flavoured sparkling water. I also swapped all but one of my daily coffees for green or red tea. It's the small changes that can make the big differences

Drinking more water is one of the goals I have set myself.

I am really bad at drinking, And sometimes can go days without having a glass of water :eek:

I have also swapped normal tea for Green tea in the hope it is healthier x

Drinking more water is one of the goals I have set myself.

I am really bad at drinking, And sometimes can go days without having a glass of water :eek:

I have also swapped normal tea for Green tea in the hope it is healthier x
I swapped all but my first coffee of the day for green tea and feel much better for it!

I swapped all but my first coffee of the day for green tea and feel much better for it!

I think I will keep my first and last brew as a normal one and drink the Green Tea the rest of the day :)

Do you find you wee for Britain tho? I was wondering if it was me or the GT? :rolleyes: x

There certainly are some benefits to having green tea, but don't forget there's also benefits of black tea, and even caffeinated coffee :clap:

And, all these things count towards your fluid intake a day (unless you are on a VLCD where rules seem to vary)

All things in moderation I reckon...lots of yummy different drinks and enjoy the variety :)

Oh! lol :rolleyes: Trust me to be such a spanner!!! lol x

Oh! lol :rolleyes: Trust me to be such a spanner!!! lol x

LOL. Those who think they know what black tea is are often wrong anyway :D Most of them think it's just normal tea, when it fact it covers all sorts of teas.

Shall I get started on my thoughts about green tea now? LOL

Good to know im not the only one with water drinking issues. I've upped my fluid intake too, and the other day I woke up 5 times in the night :^)
Still, hopefully, my body will get used to it soon :)

Your body does get used to it and although this might sound weird, your pee will feel better! Since I swapped for the green/red tea and swapped my diet cokes for flavoured sparkling water I have found that not only does it not smell, it feels more like a decent pee!

I've upped my water from 4 pints to 6 pints a day, yet my wee is still quite dark and not clear as it should be. My bladder actually hurts with all the weeing and today I don't feel well at all, I'm going to take a paracetomol and go to bed :4635:

I've upped my water from 4 pints to 6 pints a day, yet my wee is still quite dark and not clear as it should be. My bladder actually hurts with all the weeing and today I don't feel well at all, I'm going to take a paracetomol and go to bed :4635:

Oh hunny, hope you feel better tomorrow. Stick to 4 pints, there really is no need to drink more unless you are thirsty :hug99:

Thankyou for that KD, I really thought I wasn't drinking enough, but why is my wee not very clear?

Thankyou for that KD, I really thought I wasn't drinking enough, but why is my wee not very clear?

'Not very clear' as in cloudy, or 'not very clear' as in straw colour?

If it's cloudy you could do with getting it checked out. If it's coloured, then that's very normal. Anything from completely clear to paleish yellow is fine.

The bodies water regulation system is really very clever, and there's not usually a need to 'overdrink'. Of course, ketogenic diets can be a little dehydrating, so it's important to drink as they suggest, but if more makes you uncomfortable, don't drink more :D

If you are at all concerned, do take a visit to the doctor though wont you.

Thankyou KD, it's not cloudy but straw coloured so that's put my mind at rest and won't overdrink in future :) Thanks again for your replies x

Back