Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Morning Lou. How's u today?
Couldn't have put it better myself! 2012 will b our slim n trim year! (plus u will be sporting your fabulous bracelet :)

I feel really positive today... It's u guys, u all spur me on no end! :)
Got my meals planned, got my fitness class booked & dog already worked.

Hope u all have a great day! Ccxx

its certainly, much easier to stay focussed if you have lots of people who understand where your coming from, supporting each other in our goals.

I always struggle after the 6 month mark, because I have a lot to lose, and get a little fed up. I guess we could call it our 'mid diet crisis' I know I am not the only one who has this problem, and it does help. Only last year I gave in to it *sigh*.

So how can we stop ourselves going through the 'mid diet crisis'? How do we stop ourselves giving in to it?

Personally I have made myself a tracker which shows what I will weigh each week if I lose 2lbs a week, and I really really want to get to my predicted weight on the predicted date. I have promised myself a trip to Florida when I get there, and I am booking it as soon as June 2012 goes on sale! I went to Florida last Christmas/ New Year and although I loved it, I would have loved it a lot more if I weighed less...so I wont want to be in that position again when I have spent so much money!!

I am also buying myself a pandora charm for each stone I lose so I will be motivated to get each and every one!!

The last time I lost a lot of weight I bought myself an item of clothing a dres size lower and tried it on each weighing day which really helped as some weeks when I hadnt had a great loss I could definitely feel the difference in how the clothes fit.

I know those things wont suit everyone, but I think its coming up with things that will motivate you, and then putting them into action!

Keep coming on here - I have already found it a massive help for ideas and support

Good luck on your SW journey!! x

Last edited:
Silvermaneuk said:
So how can we stop ourselves going through the 'mid diet crisis'? How do we stop ourselves giving in to it?

Hi, my mid diet crisis usually comes sooner than 6 months lol. So well done for getting that far. Some inspirational words I heard recently might help u...

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.

Hope that helps u get past that wall! Ccxx

Morning Lou. How's u today?
Couldn't have put it better myself! 2012 will b our slim n trim year! (plus u will be sporting your fabulous bracelet :)

I feel really positive today... It's u guys, u all spur me on no end! :)
Got my meals planned, got my fitness class booked & dog already worked.

Hope u all have a great day! Ccxx

Im good cc, thanks for asking!! Seems like you have today all sorted!! Go you!!! Its my day off today so I have had 2 cups of tea and 'commented' on here quite alot - but i have yet to get of my ample bottom and do something!!! Abusy afternoon beckons though!! x

Lol today isn't my normal practice lemmie tell u, but I figure if im feeling positive I might as well go for it. I have the day off too. I wouldnt worry about ur morning hun, enjoy ur day off! At least u haven't munched ur way thru bacon butties, which was my normal day off routine. Tea & minimins is a good day lol!

Enjoy your afternoon,
Ccxx

i like that idea of a reward i am going to have a think about something i would like to build up to. The only positive thing about being off work on the sick is i get to look at the hundreds of posts and support on line LOL!

Aww hope u feel better soon. Ull b here all day reading this lot lol. X

Morning everyone and a warm welcome to the new people :)
I have actually done some work today so haven't had the chance to come on before now grr lol
Its weigh day today and Im feeling excited and nervous its my first week of sticking to plan 100 % in a long long time.

xxx

its certainly, much easier to stay focussed if you have lots of people who understand where your coming from, supporting each other in our goals.

I always struggle after the 6 month mark, because I have a lot to lose, and get a little fed up. I guess we could call it our 'mid diet crisis' I know I am not the only one who has this problem, and it does help. Only last year I gave in to it *sigh*.

Ooh I think I know exactly what you mean. My SW was flying along at a nice steady rate and the 10 months in I think I had a realisation that I was only really half way there and it was only going to get harder the further on I got. The 10 months after that have been such a struggle and I've put on around a third of what I lost. So so gutting.

But new year, new me. I've restarted my journey and have deliberately lost my history at class - I needed a fresh start. I think that has helped and I could envisage doing it again - rather getting a 10stone sticker maybe I'll have two 5stone ones instead - who knows.

Good luck with your weight loss - hopefully we'll both have the sense to seek the support of the forum as and when we need it.

Dickiec xx

I did exactly the same thing I dieted and lost 4 stone and blew it.

Last time I did WW online with no other support. I'm hoping that this time this forum will help me through it. I also have my last experience to draw upon and I'll have to try and remember how crap I felt letting myself put it all back on and then some more stones for company :rolleyes:

My mid diet crisis is normally after a couple of weeks so I think I've done okay by keeping at it.

I hope u guys don't mind me posting on this thread x

Just reading all it posts there!! And o know all about fallen off the wagon! I lost 11 stone three and a half years ago and have put back on 10 of them rotten stones since, did have a baby in-between!! So this time it will defo not be goin back on, as after bein bridesmaid, we'll hopefully be trying for baby no 2!!!! Was 18 at when I got pregnant and didn't put on any weight during pregnancy through healthy living and walking, came out of hospital 17 and a half and since then put on another 5 stone!! So that's the reason this weight will not be goin back on!! Just sick of it!!!

Aww thanks girls when let you know the results when I get weighed ekkk have a blimming cold now tho so been drinking lucozade today grrrr!!!! how's everyone feeling today what's your plans for dinner? mwah Maz Xx

Hi guys, I have my second weigh in tonight. Looking forward to it be aide I have been good.

I'm like everyone else here too I can run out of steam after a few weeks or months. I lost 4 stone a few years ago but put back on 5 stone!! This time I hope to make it to target.

Good luck everyone. Reading the posts is really helping me. Thanks to everyone.

Congrats to everyone who had had their first weigh in and a loss!!! I am soooo hoping to lose something on Monday.

I am also bad for being unable to stay motivated after a couple of months, i lost 5 stone about 3 years ago and put the lot back on plus another 3 or so :(

Really liked lessoflous idea of buying an item of clothing in a smaller size and try it on every week or so. I am definately going to do that!!

Back