Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Hey all yay on the losses n don't worry half a pound of what went on is still going in the right direction a few weeks in is always harder !! N Surzy you're completely right it is a marathon not a sprint so we need to train and get ready we can't just expect to run it quickly straight away it's gonna take time n some ups and downs but think how great we will feel when we see the finish line!!! Ohh getting excited already it's a long way off but it's there in the distance!! Xx

Morning everyone, an early start to my morning, my son awake since 5am!!:(((
On a brighter note I lost 4 lbs this week thanks god, sticking to the diet really paid off over the last two weeks where I stayed the same!!! Very happy!!! Don't think I'll make the feb challenge but at least I'll have made a dent in it!!!

On a brighter note I lost 4 lbs this week thanks god, sticking to the diet really paid off over the last two weeks where I stayed the same!!! Very happy!!! Don't think I'll make the feb challenge but at least I'll have made a dent in it!!!

Well done Bugsy, fab result - and even more well done for sticking with for those two weeks as its really paid off!

well done goes to show if you stick with it the results will show :)

Well, just been to drs, knave tonsillitis and an ear infection. Explains why I have been feeling so rubbish. Got antibiotics, hope they kick in soon.

Well, just been to drs, knave tonsillitis and an ear infection. Explains why I have been feeling so rubbish. Got antibiotics, hope they kick in soon.
:ambulance: Poor you, no wonder you have felt so awful. Hope the antibotics kick in and you are feeling better soon. If you can, try to drink plenty of fluids; water, lemon in hot water, smooth soups, etc. :waterbottle:

Congratulations to all the others who have had weight losses this week. Hang in there to those who haven't. Like Bugsy you will be rewarded if you stick to your diet and exercise. I had a rubbish week last week, but this week I am down 4lb too. :D

Well done Julie, thats fab progress.

Amanda, I'm glad you went to the Drs, give them a day or two to kick in and you should start to feel better again.

How is everyone today? Its a gorgeous day here, all blue skies and fluffy clouds - just hope it holds out until the weekend now! Food wise, I'm doing OK today, although need to make up for an over-syn yesterday - my dad gave us some lovely organic cheddar and I've ignored it for days but should have just had a slice from the off as last night I caved and had a cheese sandwich! However, I'm pleased that I weighed and synned it and pleased that my over-syn was on 'real' food as opposed to complete rubbish - for me both of these things are real progress!!

Take care xx

Hi all. Bit of a sad day today. Had to bury a good friend a former co-presenter from my old radio show. Still, no excuse to go off plan. Food wise Ive been good all day, and the exercise is getting a bit easier in the mornings.

Amanda, hope you are on the mend soon. Feeling ill can really get you down. But if you can keep your spirits up it will help.

Congrats to Julie on the 4lb and to everyone else for either losing or at least sticking with it.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to post and say well done on all the fab losses! You guys are amazing, and although I haven't been posting I have been checking on my phone!

I've been AWOL due to the fact that I have been a bit, well a lot of plan.

Really been having a crap time lately (while there is NO excuse) and eating my feelings (yuck!)
Anyway, I gained four pounds! I was feeling pretty rubbish about it (I only gained half a pound over Christmas) but decided to draw a line and start again.

Was back on plan this morning with gusto and have a sf food packed red day! Feeling so much better about it already!

I'm so glad there are lovely supportive people like you guys out there. Thank you x

Hi everyone I have now lost 1st, so mega happy right now :D

Amazing Katoof!!!!
x

Hi Everyone

Thought I would say hello and see how everyone is getting on. I did ask to join a while ago but have been so busy I have found it difficult to update.

Well done to everyone for the lbs gone forever and sticking with it even when you STS.

I have had an ok few months STS a few times but managed to get rid of the Xmas gain and finally break through the 4 stone barrier. My mum offered to get me a stocking at Xmas when I lose 4 stone but the week before I still had 1/2 lb to go and then put on 6 1/2 lb. Last Saturday I got there at last, lots of nice things to open.

Now I need to think of my next prize, it really helps to work towards something. What does everyone do to reward themselves? I've had a hair cut and a new top (that does not fit anymore).

I have just realised as well I have lost more than I have still to loose, Yey.

Keep going guys and I hope you all have a good weekend.

X

Well lost a pound this week so all good on the weight loss front. Been eating devils work bread due to lack of planning, need to sort that one out !! Also been craving chocolate badly. Think it's all down to being tired. Off work next week, it's half term for us, hope I can get back on track eek !!!! Need to have a word with myself :) xx

Hi everyone

I lost the 2lbs that I put on last week at my weigh in on Tuesday so my little slump has gone and I feel positive about it all again.

If I can manage 2lbs again next week then that is me at my first stone bang on schedule to be slinky for Christmas!

Now, does anyone have any good slow cooker recipes to share? I have one but never use it and think it might be a good way of doing nice dinners as I commute from London so can never be bothered to start cooking once I get home at 8pm. Any ideas would be very welcome.

Zac

PS - I can't receive PMs yet as my post count is too low but thanks to those who tried.

I have just realised as well I have lost more than I have still to loose, Yey.

Keep going guys and I hope you all have a good weekend.

X

That is pretty cool. It must feel ace. Well done.

morning everyone well done to the losses and those that have gained no worries its a new week...like everyone says its a marathon not a sprint :)

Have a good day

Sarahc, your progress is fab, you must feel great to know that you've past the half way mark! Definately deserves a reward - perhaps a little shopping trip to pick out a few inexpensive bits to show off your new shape?

Zaccy, well done on the 2lbs and on hitting your mini-goal - these things keep us pushing on!
As for slow cookers, ours is a red-day god send! Not so much recipes as such but several times a week I chuck stuff in it and go home to a lovely dinner. Often its just a piece of meat - so a whole chicken (no water, just put chicken in, lid on and leave on low for 8 - 10 hours. You will have the most succulent chicken you can imagine. We usually have it with veg and bisto gravy on the first night and then strip it off for a curry the second (& third!) night).
Likewise with pork, beef etc (buy the big joints when on offer and cut into 3 or 4 more managable pieces, cook the one and freeze the rest).
Casseroles are really simple - chicken or beef cubes, carrots, swede, mushrooms, onions, leeks (whatever you fancy really), an oxo cube and a mug of water, turn on and go! The temptation is to add as much water as if you were making on the hob, but as it has nowhere to evaporate off too and the water comes out of the veg and meat too you just end up with too much liquid. (If this does happen, ladle some out and if on EE some syn free instant mash potato is a useful thickener, saves using syns on cornflour!)
If you fancy a pudding, slow cooker rice pudding is lovely made with pudding rice, water and milk and some nutmeg (sorry I can't give quantities, I'm just a bung it in and hope it works kind of gal!). This doesn't take all day though, 2-3 hours seems to be enough!
The only things that I've found that don't work well are sauces from jars, the flavour intensifies too much - but as these are not generally SW friendly then we don't need to worry!
I think if you search the boards there is a thread for slow cooker recipes, and those lovely people might be able to give you better quantities and times! However, my advice would be to just have a go, perhaps on a day when you are home so you can check it and taste after say 6 hours so you can start to get a feel for times and liquids etc. Enjoy and let us know how you get on!
xxx

Last edited:
morning everyone well done to the losses and those that have gained no worries its a new week...like everyone says its a marathon not a sprint :)

Have a good day

Morning Chelle, I missed you while i was typing my slow cooker essay!! Hope you're OK?
Thank crunchie its friday is all I can say - its been a long week in work!!

Back