Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

I have posted on minimins before about this but wondered if any of you guys in my fav group have any ideas.

Basically I want to loose weight more than anything, hense never going off plan since starting in january, never going over my syns etc. HOWEVER I am so scared I will end up with loose skin, any tips on preventing this would be greatly recieved. like I said I have asked the question before but it still plays on my mind.

Does anyone know anyone who started at my weight who has lost alot?

Good question this is one of the main reasons I havent lost weight before (silly right??) And also, I had a 4st cyst removed in 2006 (ovarian) this left me with loads of skin i went from 20 st to 18 st... the skin upset me so much it became my mission to fill it up.. hence being 23st now :cry::cry::cry: Ive hear that weight training is the best way as the muscle replaces the fat but then this will leave you with defined arms, which can sometimes look rather unfeminine.. hmmmies.
SO pleased someone else has asked it! Theres so many inspirational stories but no one seems to mention skin

Good question this is one of the main reasons I havent lost weight before (silly right??)

I was exactly the same! Cos I have so much to lose and have like an apron of fat from my bellybutton down, I dreaded losing weight because of all the skin left. I think tho, that my need to feel better/healthier has surpassed my desire to have tight skin. Dont get me wrong, if I get to goal and suddenly win the lottery I will be having it chopped off! However in the meantime, I will be exercising and moisturising with Bio oil and hopefully that will help.:rolleyes:

Well I am craving a fresh cream cake from greggs as went into the shop ...... Then came bk out without.anything! Im still drooling for 1 but iwill got home for sum strawberries:)
Hubby and i hv just bn to infertility clinic for our 1st app. It wasn't as bad as I expected. It was a female dr and she was a larger lady so made me feel bit better lol, sounds nasty but dont mean it that way, just made me feel bit better about myself. Hubby has to do sample which he just done when we were there. He is worried that there want much there, he says he was put.under pressure lol. Will get his results from dr. iv to gets scan done. As on period just now, I need to wait until nxt month however my dr is on holiday as r we. She said iv to wait until july, phone when period starts and they will get me in for scan to find out what's happening with my cycle and if my tube is blocked. They need to try regulate them 1st before any treatment. I hv to get weight down which I knew, bmi has to be 35 before starting ivf. In 12 weeks its came from 46.2 when I started down to 41 ..... On my calculations .... At clinic they said my bmi was 42.8 today. Dont understand this! I hv set myself a target of getting bmi to 35 by my birthday in september ... Not sure if this is an unrealistic target but I want to done it asap !!
New members welcome :) we are all in this journey together. These boards are great.
Weigh in tomorrow, lets hope its a good result :)

Speak soon
Debz xx

I was exactly the same! Cos I have so much to lose and have like an apron of fat from my bellybutton down, I dreaded losing weight because of all the skin left. I think tho, that my need to feel better/healthier has surpassed my desire to have tight skin. Dont get me wrong, if I get to goal and suddenly win the lottery I will be having it chopped off! However in the meantime, I will be exercising and moisturising with Bio oil and hopefully that will help.:rolleyes:

I have the bio oil and the cocoa weight loss moisturiser. Its my arms that worry me as I really want to be able to wear shorter sleaved tops one day... I can hide my belly in trousers but my arms, well im just worrying I guess but they are so big im worried the sking is just going to hang!

Good question this is one of the main reasons I havent lost weight before (silly right??) And also, I had a 4st cyst removed in 2006 (ovarian) this left me with loads of skin i went from 20 st to 18 st... the skin upset me so much it became my mission to fill it up.. hence being 23st now :cry::cry::cry: Ive hear that weight training is the best way as the muscle replaces the fat but then this will leave you with defined arms, which can sometimes look rather unfeminine.. hmmmies.
SO pleased someone else has asked it! Theres so many inspirational stories but no one seems to mention skin

Its not silly, I think its worrying as we want to loose the weight and be healthy so much but there is that worry for me that I am worring this hard and may still have things to deal with after loosing the weight

Hi
Yes i would like that i have over 7 st to loose and strugglin ive only just joined Sally x

welcome sally, people here are really supportive and we all have days when we struggle on here. Have you been doing slimming world long?

Re the loose skin question - I'm with all of you, it worries me too and has been an excuse in the past not to lose weight. However, I think in the end health and the ability to do more things (silly things really like go to a theme park, ride a horse again, get on a plane and not ask for an extender belt etc) have tipped the scales for me over and above the skin. I even had a wobble this morning re will I fit in the dentists chair! So silly, and i can't live like this anymore!!
I still worry about it though! Belly is bad enough, arms are already flappy but the thought of empty boobs is scary scary!! However, it doesn't seem to be a huge problem for everyone and also I don't expose much of myself now in public so I guess worse case scenario I'll still be in long skirts / sleeves to the elbow but whats underneath them will at least be smaller and fit into society and its activities easier!!
From what I've read there seem to be common themes:
- drink lots of fluids to keep skin hydrated from the outside in
- moisterise regularly to hydrate from the outside and increase elasticitiy
- lose it slowly and gradually
- do toning / weights
(plus the unknown quantity - luck, age, skin type, skin colour, genes and all those other uncontrollables!)

We need some feedback from someone in the know who has been there and done it and is living life now minus the excess weight, with or without excess skin!

Last edited:
Im happy to find people that worry about the same stuff I do. My fella wanted me to go to Alton Towers with his family not so long back nd after about an hour of trying to find a better excuse than "I wont fit into any of the rides" I just had to voice my problems and had a little cry, and its one of the things thats pushing me to lose weight. Im 24, I want to be able to do normal things that people take for granted. Sick of being worried that the chair I sit on will collapse. Sick of not having one decent picture of me and the other half because i refuse for them to be taken, and even worse my nephew who is now 10 months and growing so fast, I want to have pictures to look back on of us together not forever cutting me out of them because I hate the way I look.

We're gonna do this :) I can tell.

Im happy to find people that worry about the same stuff I do. My fella wanted me to go to Alton Towers with his family not so long back nd after about an hour of trying to find a better excuse than "I wont fit into any of the rides" I just had to voice my problems and had a little cry, and its one of the things thats pushing me to lose weight. Im 24, I want to be able to do normal things that people take for granted. Sick of being worried that the chair I sit on will collapse. Sick of not having one decent picture of me and the other half because i refuse for them to be taken, and even worse my nephew who is now 10 months and growing so fast, I want to have pictures to look back on of us together not forever cutting me out of them because I hate the way I look.

We're gonna do this :) I can tell.

Im the same,
worry about pictures, (we only have four wedding pictures), I got married abroard so i wouldnt have to wear a dress and have loads of photos and people there.
I hate going clothes shopping as I could only fit into large 32 evans when I started and used to be so scared nothing in the shop would fit
Flying is embarrassing when your seatbelt wont do up, cant ride horses anymore, i get scared seats will collapse at bbqs etc, was worried when i has a massage on my ankle the table was going to collapse. I dread wearing a swimming costume, wont go on rides, wont sit on the sunbeds on holiday incase they break. My husband has a sports car and I can hardly fit in it. I dread going to the doctors as my weight is the first thing they ever mention.

there is so much stuff I worry about day to day that i wouldnt have to otherwise.

All the se fears that I have, nice to know it's not just me then.

I can't donate blood anymore until I get under 25st as the beds are not rated any higher than that.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I have alot to lose, so support would be welcomed.
I'm 21 weighed in last wednesday at 24.13 1/2 st
I don't have a clue when it got that bad...but it did and now i am going to change that fact.

I have my first WI today and am utterly terrified!
Lets see how i get on!

Also, not being able to use a ladder and squeezing into the movie theatre seats.

OK girls and guys, its time for a big old group hug

:grouphugg:
as reading all of these has brought a little tear to my eye!

We all have one life to live and we need to make a vow to ourselves that we carry on until we can do all these things again, or for the first time, and hundreds of other things that we are putting off until we fit!!

evanthomas said:
I have alot to lose, so support would be welcomed.
I'm 21 weighed in last wednesday at 24.13 1/2 st
I don't have a clue when it got that bad...but it did and now i am going to change that fact.

I have my first WI today and am utterly terrified!
Lets see how i get on!

Hi Evan we are similar I'm 24 and almost 24 stone ( though after my first week of sw am now 23.6) I hope you get the result you want would love to hear how you've got on. Hey after all this weight loss we should all go to the fair. And not worry about getting stuck lol! Is it too soon to say I love you guys? :/ :D

Well I am craving a fresh cream cake from greggs as went into the shop ...... Then came bk out without.anything! Im still drooling for 1 but iwill got home for sum strawberries:)
Hubby and i hv just bn to infertility clinic for our 1st app. It wasn't as bad as I expected. It was a female dr and she was a larger lady so made me feel bit better lol, sounds nasty but dont mean it that way, just made me feel bit better about myself. Hubby has to do sample which he just done when we were there. He is worried that there want much there, he says he was put.under pressure lol. Will get his results from dr. iv to gets scan done. As on period just now, I need to wait until nxt month however my dr is on holiday as r we. She said iv to wait until july, phone when period starts and they will get me in for scan to find out what's happening with my cycle and if my tube is blocked. They need to try regulate them 1st before any treatment. I hv to get weight down which I knew, bmi has to be 35 before starting ivf. In 12 weeks its came from 46.2 when I started down to 41 ..... On my calculations .... At clinic they said my bmi was 42.8 today. Dont understand this! I hv set myself a target of getting bmi to 35 by my birthday in september ... Not sure if this is an unrealistic target but I want to done it asap !!
New members welcome :) we are all in this journey together. These boards are great.
Weigh in tomorrow, lets hope its a good result :)

Speak soon
Debz xx

Debz, I'm so glad that you had your first appointment - starting your family is really becoming a reality for you! At least now the first one is done you'll know a bit more what to expect when you go back, and just think how many more pounds and BMI points you can lose in the weeks until your next visit. Well done on resisting the cake too - babies need good wholesome food and you're doing this for the future him or her xxx

Hi Evan we are similar I'm 24 and almost 24 stone ( though after my first week of sw am now 23.6) I hope you get the result you want would love to hear how you've got on. Hey after all this weight loss we should all go to the fair. And not worry about getting stuck lol! Is it too soon to say I love you guys? :/ :D

Fab idea, a minimins mini's day out!!! I love you too honey, and everyone else for the help and support and kicks up the bum!!! xxx

Fair sounds amazing!

Im very pleased...i got my first sticker and lost 7lb

Happy evan is VERY happy

Back