Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

ermintrude - that's a great tip. The vino diet straight before weigh in would give a brilliant loss :D

ermintrude - that's a great tip. The vino diet straight before weigh in would give a brilliant loss :D

Ha ha, I dont think it's work after the first week tho :( That'd mean I'd have to have a bottle of vino EVERY week before class to catch up... I could get to like this idea... :D

WI day is tomorrow. Havent got a clue what to expect this week after expecting to gain last week and losing big instead. So it could go anywhere tomorrow.

To be honest I would be happy with 1lb tomorrow as that will give me Club10 and everything up to 5lb is a mini checkpoint tomorrow.

Overall I am very happy that I am under 30st for the first time in years and its coming down. And Im pretty close to 20% of the way along my weight loss which is cool. At the start 280lb seems such a huge number. Dont get me wrong it still is, but it seems a little smaller and more achievable when I think that I have nearly done 20% of it already.

Hope everyone has a great day. Good luck to everyone weighing in today.

Hey Guys, i STS this week which is ok...i have been very good and not sure why until it dawned on me this morning that last week everyday i had either a Batchelors Pasta n Sauce or a Mug Shot for lunch so im gonna cut them out this week. I was being very lazy last week with my lunches so back to homemade fresh food this week...tomorrow im having Spag Bol lol

Hope everyone is good :D

Chelle, if I have too much pasta my weight slows too but it seems fine for me to have big portions as long as I alternate rice pasta and potatoes.

1.5 lb off for me this week. :-D

Heikel, well done on your milestone.

I started 5 weeks ago (tomorrow) Had 10 stone 1 pound to lose, now got 9 stone 6 pound to lose, still a long road ahead, but we will all get there with help and support :) x

I was dreading weigh in last night - not because I ate the wrong stuff, but more because I just wasn't sure if I was doing it all correctly! Plus, I'm the biggest one that I've seen in this group, so the pressure was on. Think I worried needlessly, as I lost 6lbs - a good start on this journey.

Wish all weighing in this week the best of luck!

Right, so had my weigh-in this morning, have finally managed to reach my 7lb loss target :happy096: but I've only lost 1lb in a week:mad:, not impressive. Having said that I haven't gained so in my books I am doing the right thing. And If I get to lose even a pound a week, it's whole lot better than losing nothing and staying fat lol :D. I have been exercising and really intensive too, so that could be the reason. Just hope that once my body gets used to the exercising I will start pulling in the big numbers. Have a good day everyone.

Right, so had my weigh-in this morning, have finally managed to reach my 7lb loss target :happy096: but I've only lost 1lb in a week:mad:, not impressive. Having said that I haven't gained so in my books I am doing the right thing. And If I get to lose even a pound a week, it's whole lot better than losing nothing and staying fat lol :D. I have been exercising and really intensive too, so that could be the reason. Just hope that once my body gets used to the exercising I will start pulling in the big numbers. Have a good day everyone.

I had a similar experience with 4 hours walking and 12 miles cycling in 2 days just before a weigh in and only lost 2lb. The following week, without the exercise I lost 5lb. Dont know whether the body recognizes the increased activity and stockpiles food intake hence the low loss that week.

But as you say a loss is a loss. Well done.

I had a similar experience with 4 hours walking and 12 miles cycling in 2 days just before a weigh in and only lost 2lb. The following week, without the exercise I lost 5lb. Dont know whether the body recognizes the increased activity and stockpiles food intake hence the low loss that week.

But as you say a loss is a loss. Well done.

It's annoying isn't it? I read somewhere that exercise can make you hold on to water as well because it's a way of protecting your muscles so the advice is to drink a lot of water through out the day. Don't know if that makes any sense. At this rate I won't reach my 1st target by 05/07. Well at least I'm toning up :D. Good luck with your weight loss Hiekel.

Last edited:
Afternoon everyone

Well done on the losses and the sts. If the scales aren't going up it's good.

I also read about the muscles holding onto water when exercising so you need to drink loads.

I don't do anywhere near the amount of exercise as you lot. Embarrassing bodies with the lose skin frightened me to death so I have started exercising now - only 15 mins of a dvd a day and walking. I will gradually increase as I feel more comfortable. I think I will take measurements and then if I don't lose weight I can check my measurements and if I'm losing inches that might keep me motivated. Hopefully the scales will catch up later.

My aim this week was to start some exercise, although doing it publicly is a bit of a no-no, so i have had a couple of go's on my wii fit! I can't take my measurements, just yet, i can't bare to read the numbers! Good luck for the rest of the week everyone :) x

Yes a little bit of exercise at a time, just to prevent loose skin, and also being toned makes you look lean. Also remember to stretch :D.

Ready to sit down and binge eat the night away after going to 2 job interviews for jobs that dont even exist. So angry. And still havent been paid for agency work I did over a fortnight ago that I should have got last Friday.
Only for the fact I have WI tonight I would be destroying bars of chocolate right now! Had enough!

Ready to sit down and binge eat the night away after going to 2 job interviews for jobs that dont even exist. So angry. And still havent been paid for agency work I did over a fortnight ago that I should have got last Friday.
Only for the fact I have WI tonight I would be destroying bars of chocolate right now! Had enough!

Hun hope you haven't demolished those bars of chocolate yet. Whatever you do don't give in. You have done so well so far, keep it up and everything will come together including your job prospects. As for Agencies they suck, I should know I work for one. Good luck. ;)

Well I managed to steer clear of the chocolate, though I think its only because I knew I had WI last night. Had I not had that to go to I would have gone postal of the chocolate.

It turns out WI was the only thing that went right yesterday for me. 2 1/2lb off. Very happy with that. It gave me my Club 10 award, and I reached 1/6th of my total planned weight loss. I am 1 1/2lb from 3 1/2st award and 2 1/2lb from 50lb total lost so far.

Enjoyed the class, always do, and already looking forward to next Tuesdays weigh in.

Plotted my loss on the SW website and I was having a look at the projected loss to my target and it currently says New Year 2013. It looks like its projected a weekly target of 3lb per week. Does the website do this on an average of weight lost so far or is it simply a figure that SW project for you?

Anyway, good luck to anyone weighing in through the rest of the week. Got a few new recipes from class to try this week, looking forward to that.

Maggie, thanks for the kind words. Checked the bank this morning and they have finally deposited my wages. Funny that they only did this after I told them at 5pm last night that if I had to call them today again it was to tell them I was taking them to court for my wages, costs and interest. It seems that when they are pushed they can get the money to me. So I certainly wont be recommending that agency to anyone, and if anyone is thinking of signing up to Total Staff, think long and hard about it, you may have to threaten to sue before you see your wages.

Right, time to start the day. Have a great one everybody, I know I will.

Well done Hiekel on getting club 10. Keep up the good work. Also glad you got your wages :). Will definitely steer clear of that agency then.

Well done, Hiekel, on club 10. I'm looking forward to that in a few weeks/months.

I'm curious about this weight loss projection - I don't have a blue line showing on my chart. Do you need to have a set goal for this to appear?

Also curious to know how long you waited before setting your goal. My consultant said it might be best to leave it as long as possible since I have so much to lose. While it should remove some of the pressure, it doesn't as I'm quite fully aware that reaching a healthy BMI means I need to lose a further 8 1/2 stones as a minimum. She's lost a fair bit herself, so I guess she knows what she's talking about - but I feel like I should have a target to shoot for.

Hope everyone's having a good day today!

Back