Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Times like yesterday are causing me real problems. I got in to work expecting to do 2 hours in the morning. I left 9 hours later. Theres a possibility that I will be doing the same today but wont know until I get in there. This means that any planning goes clean out the window. I normally have breakfast around 9am after I return home from work, yesterday it was close to midday before I got anything to eat. Stayed safe though.
While I was out in the afternoon I stopped at a shop to get something to eat and drink. The only 'safe' drink they had was the flavoured water, and despite a huge window sticker showing lots of fruit the closest thing inside the store to fruit was the lemon serving behind the counter.
Doesnt half make it hard sometimes.

Hi guys I have gained this week, 7/8 of a pound. Not too worried, will lose that by next week. :(

Times like yesterday are causing me real problems. I got in to work expecting to do 2 hours in the morning. I left 9 hours later. Theres a possibility that I will be doing the same today but wont know until I get in there. This means that any planning goes clean out the window. I normally have breakfast around 9am after I return home from work, yesterday it was close to midday before I got anything to eat. Stayed safe though.
While I was out in the afternoon I stopped at a shop to get something to eat and drink. The only 'safe' drink they had was the flavoured water, and despite a huge window sticker showing lots of fruit the closest thing inside the store to fruit was the lemon serving behind the counter.

I can imagine how frustrating that must have been!

I tend to keep snack/drink boxes in the car and in my desk. I use these on days when I just can't make it to a shop or can't find what I'm looking for.

Maybe something like that might help in case you're kept much longer than usual at work?

Hope today's much better for you!

Karen

good luck to you all with WI, dont worry about the gain Maggie, it was only a small one, when I gained 1/2 a lb i was really annoyed but measured myself on week 4 of the plan, and id lost 6.5" from when I first started and that got me straight back on it. I measure myself every 4 weeks so I see a bigger difference, its a good boost :) ! Fingers crossed for lots of losses this week ladies and gents, I have been doing the plan for 7 weeks and have lost 18lb, so proud (3lb of that is this week woop woop) !! I am now officially in the 18stone bracket, which I never thought I would see again, and my size 24s are getting very large, so one happy lady today :) hope you all have a good week, and I got my first slimmer of the week sticker and certiicate today too :) woop woop. Fingers crossed for you all waiting for WI x

sow.jpg

S7.jpg
S14.jpg

Well done on all the fab losses - especially you Coljack, fantasic progress!

Ilovecake - enjoy your night off tonight! An unexplained STS is so frustrating but in reality its probably just some fluid or something from the warmer weather.

HE - it must be difficult no knowing how long you'll be gone for when you leave for work. Do you have a space thats just yours where you can keep a few SW friendly bits, or can you take a rucksack with some non-perishables in - I often find myself on the long end of a 14 hour day so in my drawer in work I always keep cereal bars, pot noodle in a mug things (the curry one - deeeelish!!), small tins of tuna and crispbreads. I usually have some extra fruit knocking about too! They definately help me avoid the lure of the vending machine!

I haven't been on for a few days - I had some time owing to me so was able to sneak off early on Friday and as it was so sunny we packed up the cars and went to stay on a friend's farm on the coast - it was such a blissful weekend! Food wise, mainly bbq which was all on plan, drink wise mainly good but a few large glasses of red in the evening were very enjoyable. I do feel very de-stressed though!

Gigglynikkim thanks hun. Definitely need to measure myself. I keep forgetting to do that and it's important coz I am doing the 30 day shred.

Not a good week for me with a 4 1/2lb gain. Im pretty sure I know what caused it (too much bread and a very off plan BBQ on Sunday) so hopefully I can get it back on track this week.
Not taking this gain to heart like I have in the past. Its simply a little bump in a very very long road. I know I can get it back off so thats my target for this week.

Congrats to everyone who has lost this week. Im not jealous at all.......honest :D

Thanks for the comments about how to cope with unplanned work. Unfortunately I am a bus driver, so have nowhere to keep food while I am at work.
I have found out today that I am working all day tomorrow and Friday, so Im thankful for a bit of notice this time.
Im able to plan now for both of those days in advance and can make sure that I have food to last me all day.

For the second time in 3 days I went into a decent sized store to get a drink and a piece of fruit to stay on plan. And both times the only drink I could get was flavoured water and the only fruit in the shop was the lemon serving behind the counter. Im not talking your local corner store, Im talking mini-markets, not much smaller than a Tesco Metro, yet they dont sell fruit and the only drinks they sell are the full soft drinks with all the sugar in. I think this is a ridiculous situation. No wonder the country is so fat, if the local stores cant even be bothered to sell things like fruit and diet drinks. With attitudes like this it serves them right when a major supermarket moves into the area and shuts them down. At least with them I know I can go in a buy a sodding banana!

Wow, are you not allowed to take anything with you, not a packed lunch or anything? Are they allowed to do that?:confused:

HE thermos flask full of speedy soup and your HEB of wholemeal rolls or scan bran to dip in it. Or a thermos full of boiling water to add to mugshots. You are doing so well you can get around this!

ILoveCake is right. That is the best way to stay on course and you don't even need a refrigerator for that :). Pack some oranges or clementines and an apple while you are at it or even some carrots. You will be ok.:D

Hi guys I hope everyone is doing good, I havnt been on much for a while as struggled to loose for a while even being 100% .

Anyway back on the exercise and have been loosing again do I'm happy !

Looks like everyone is going so well !

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

It does feel like they just want you to fall off the wagon sometimes.

I've found subway to be a real help at times like those - big salad box with lots of sliced meat on.

Or tesco, packs of sliced meat and the salad bags, cherry toms or carrot sticks.

Be wary if the flavoured water... it has syns. Lots of em.
I think a 1.5L bottle of the volvox flavoured ones were something like 21 syns.

Always plan for a full day at work and then if it's only a few hours you can still have your packed lunch at home, there's nothing stopping you doing that.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Be wary if the flavoured water... it has syns. Lots of em.
I think a 1.5L bottle of the volvox flavoured ones were something like 21 syns.

Always plan for a full day at work and then if it's only a few hours you can still have your packed lunch at home, there's nothing stopping you doing that.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Seriously? I had taken it as read that they were all syn free! Oh bugger!!!!
Why is nothing ever easy!

Hi everyone1, hope you have all been keeping well. First time I have been on here in ages. I have been in and out hospital for months with my galbladder. Finally got it removed last week. Feeling much better now but just waiting for the wounds to heal now. Only lost 1lb this week when i went back to slimming world but that was alright considering i have not stuck to the plan at all in weeks. I am still so bloated after the operation and only clothes that will fit me just now is my leggings! its horrible, hoping the swelling dies down soon.
I am finally back on track now and i will hopefully have a good loss on thursday at weigh in.
whats everyones plans for the weekend? I am having a quiet night and weekend for that matter :-( xxx

hello everyone im back...i have had a fantastic 2 week holiday and believe me i have put on weight with food and drink but it was worth it and now im back on track :p (have been last 3days). Usually i weigh in on saturdays but im not going to 2mora as i know ive put on so not gonna bother....1st weigh in will be next week. Ive not started exercise yet but Monday im back to Zumba class oh thats gonna be hell lol!!! I've caught up with the post and everyone has been doing great - well done :D

Hope everyone has a brill weeknd x

Hi everyone1, hope you have all been keeping well. First time I have been on here in ages. I have been in and out hospital for months with my galbladder. Finally got it removed last week. Feeling much better now but just waiting for the wounds to heal now. Only lost 1lb this week when i went back to slimming world but that was alright considering i have not stuck to the plan at all in weeks. I am still so bloated after the operation and only clothes that will fit me just now is my leggings! its horrible, hoping the swelling dies down soon.
I am finally back on track now and i will hopefully have a good loss on thursday at weigh in.
whats everyones plans for the weekend? I am having a quiet night and weekend for that matter :-( xxx

Once that swelling goes down I bet you've lost a fair few pounds - more importantly I'm glad you're feeling better and heres to a speedy recovery xxx

Debz, I started my pgce 2 weeks after I had mine removed, I was still a bit sore and tender then but 3-4weeks after I felt fine. I know how relieved you must feel right now. Well done on your 1lb loss. X

Chelle, it's lovely to have you back, good luck for Weigh in next week! X

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Here come the sun do do do dah.... BBQ here I come (I hope!!) - All SW friendly chops, steak, salad with HEA of feta and potato salad - yummy! Its only 9.00am and I'm drooling over my dinner!

I hope everyone has a fab sunday whatever you are up to x

Back