Lots to lose but it's going to be great!

OK, so here goes. I'm on day 1 of slim and save. So far I've had the vanilla and caramel shake, which tasted much like slimy goop, and 2.5 hours later, I'm feeling slightly queasy. Worried about how I'm going to get through the next year (or so) on slim and save with the kids expecting the same treats and yumminess that their friends have and they've had in the past, and whether DH is going to come through with the support he's promising.

I'm looking forward to not having to think about food or mealplanning for myself, though. Really looking forward to having some of the control taken away from me. I'm planning on doing a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy course with the PCT that focuses on obesity and weight management (starts next week) and I'm hoping that'll really help too. I haven't decided yet whether I'm on a VLCD for the long term, or for an initial 3 months- I like the research that suggests it'll help stabilise my blood sugar levels and insulin production.

Off to drink more water now- it seems to help with the queasiness.

Hi there. I'm new to s and s myself, I'm on day 3 now. Out of the shakes I've had so far the vanilla caramel one has been my least favourite, I found it a bit slimy too but I added a bit more water and some milk and put it in a glass with ice which made it quite nice actually. Guess it's all about trial and error. I've really enjoyed the choco and hazelnut shakes so hopefully you will find others that you enjoy more :)

I'm don't have kids so I guess that's one less thing I have to worry about but I think temptation will always be there and we just have to be strong and remind ourselves why we are here doing this! I think the therapy stuff sounds great and I'd imagine it's only gonna help :)

Personally I'm taking it one day at a time, I can't even think about 3 months down the line as it completely overwhelms me. But I will say that I've made it to day 3 much easier that I had expected and I think things are looking positive.

Good luck :)

Hi Cannylassy, Nearly day 1 over and done with which is always good. Perservere and the scales will reward you after your first week. I found coming on here really helps me get through some tough times and the support is great. Can i ask where you are doing the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy course? Is it a course you are doing at home/online or is it an individual/group class you are participating in? This is something that i am really interested in but dont know how to go about looking into it :hmm:

Good luck xx

Hiya Canny,

Welcome to S&S, sorry to hear that your first shake wasn't that nice, I do recommend though putting ice in with the shakes, having them ice cold makes them so much nicer.
I recommend the Banana Shake too, that was the best I've had so far! :)

Try not to think about the future, just take each day as it comes! xxx

My mental health PCT does the CBT course- they do a lot of different ones, including a stop smoking and a weight management, and it's free. I like free :)

First day is pretty much over, and it's been pretty great. I have a bar left for supper, had chicken and veggies for dinner with the family. (I'm shocked by how much chicken you can get in 100g, and how little vegetables in 200g?

Day 1 was great :) Day 2 is pretty good- I woke up feeling fantastic but with a dry mouth and for one wonderful moment thought I was already in ketosis- and then stood up, got out of bed and Monday morning hit me. Today's shake was a lot better- done in the blender with a bit of ice, and the red fruits flavour.

glad your doing okay. as the others say dont think long term just do day by day and come on here. Ive got alot to lose too, Im going to get to goal this time Ive done it twice before but not got togoal and I have found this tme alot easier doing day to day
Keep up the good work
xxx

Back