ProPoints Lots to lose: Trying to refind the wagon!!!!

Come on Chika you just have to get your head into the game!!!! you know we are all here for you, so try and get online if you can xxxxx Thanks Jo i'm really pleased!!! Gonna give it 150% this week after that loss!!!!

* runs down the road shouting in every shop if they sell green tea !!!!
lol

chika i dont know how many times i have fallen off the wagon for a week or a few lost count, just jump straight on it, read throigh some of the diaries and organise your week so you'll have a good loss xxxxx

ha ha lou i'm on cup number 2 at the minute!!! tesco's has the tetly boxes of green tea £1 for 50 atm!!!!

well i have to go shopping today to get new shoes for work this afternoon!!! the boys always want a mcdonalds when we are in the area!!! so i think i might have a big mac 12pp and regular fries 9pp. and will still have 8pp left for dinner!!!! when i used to go to mcdonalds i would eat big mac large fries and 9 nuggets!!! and maybe then nibbled on whatever the boys didn't eat!!! So this is gonna be an experiment for me!!! Eat a healthy portion!!!!

have a dodgy tummy today so maybe have to take a few imodium!!! i wonder if it's coming from the green tea!! hum i wonder!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thats so good laurenasha! you must feel brilliant, im chuffed for you! :)
I think your right, I need to get at least 2ltr of water down my neck - some days its easy but others its not!

Did another 1hr cycle last night! I had a banana with ice cream and a little bit of squirty cream so I did the exercise to burn it off!

Chika come on, you can do it! Think about WHY you want to lose weight and how good life would be when you do lose weight - even if you lose just a little bit! I'm not accepting any excuses for giving up! If I'm not giving up then neither are you!! :)

Might have to get myself some green tea, see if it helps - do you reckon herbal tea would do the same job?

i put a couple of sweetners in it tash and i'm actually getting used to the taste now!!! Sherrie not sure if herbal tea does the same thing!!!! i jus know green tea speeds up your metabolism!!!! xxxx

jus back from mcdonalds with the boys 21pp for reg fries a big mac and water!!! i dont even feel guilty about it!!! lol i have 8pp left today now though so gonna have to jus eat a salad and fruit in the evening!!!!

Just finished my first cup of green tea and I must say, it was vile! I didn't have any sweeteners to hand though so I had to drink it 'neat'. Must persevere though, you seem to be getting great results laurenasha!

Thanks ladies. Had an ok day today and even went for a walk at lunchtime. I just tried on my fave dress it is still a little tight but now the sun is out I need to wear it! Going to go to the gym later and burn of some calories.

Green tea is ok. I hated it at first but persevere. The flavoured ones can be really lovely, Tesco do a clipper strawberry one that is gorgeous. Holland and Barret also have a pomegranate and blueberry one that tastes amazing too. Also don't put super hot boiling water on it and don't let it brew too long. The longer you leave it the more bitter it gets. HTH

Just wanted to say - THANKS for the pep talk too. Much appreciated!!!

Just had a blinding dinner, thought I'd share the recipe with you. Its a moroccan dish I got the recipe from MyFitnessPal and its like a curry but not sauce-y so I had it in a tortilla wrap with some rocket salad and it was bloody lovely!!!

1 tin of chick pea's drained (or you can use (quorn) chicken peices or a mix of both like I did)
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 red onion, chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
Moroccon spice mix (half tsp hot chilli powder, 1tsp of tumeric, 1/2 tsp ground coriander and 1/2 tsp of ground cumin)
Fry light

Soften onion in fry light, add garlic when onion is soft. Then briefly add the spices for a few seconds before adding the chopped tomatoes, spring onion and quorn (or meat) and/or chick peas. At this point I added about 100ml of warm water to juice it up a bit. Then allow to simmer for 10 mins and serve!

You can really bulk it out with veg too, I used about 1/4 of what the recipe made in a fajita and on a salad with dinner. But you can make it into into a curry with rice and it'll do about 4 dinners at least or you can have it on its on and it makes about 2-3 servings (depending on your preferential serving size!)

I cant leave it alone! I keep nibbling at the left overs I'm meant to have for my lunch tomorrow! lol

That sounds really nice Sherri, I have a few tins of chickpeas lying around so I'll try that one tomorrow. Do you have any idea on what the pp are? I can't find my book. I guess everything is free except the chickpeas/quorn.

Yeah all the veg is 0pp including the tinned tom's, 100g of chickpeas is 3pp, quorn chicken peices, 100g of chicken peices (quorn) is 2pp and a tortilla is 3pp.

hey all!!! just home from work!! can i ask what is chickpeas? heard of them before but don't know what they are!!!

today i had 7 cups of green tea!!!!
ham toastie 7pp
big mac and reg fries 21pp
beans on toast 8pp
36/36

i havent ate that much when u look at the quantity!!! but its all my points!!! i know i shouldnt have had the mcdonalds but the boys wanted to go and i havent had a big mac in over a month lol!!!! am trying to get it into my head that there is no such thing as bad food as long as you have the points for it!!!!

can i ask a question!!! is it normal to have a dodgy tummy (going to the toilet) with green tea!!! not sure if i have a tummy bug or if it's the tea!!!!!

Glad to see you back, Chika!

And that Moroccan dish sounds amazing, Sherri! Will have to try it when I'm in the mood to cook!

Chickpeas are what Falafel is made from, but you can whack them into most saucy things to bulk them out and are found in lots of curries & Indian foods. They sort of have the consistency of the inside of a baked bean! I'm no expert on the tea-drinking situation, but I'm sure 7 cups of any kind of tea in a day would have anyone's stomach a little off! Maybe try to ease up on the tea a little bit and see if your belly improves.

Ditto that, I read years ago that green and black teas can have a laxative effect.

Chickpeas are harder than baked beans, but they absorb flavour so are really tasty.

This week seems to have gone really fast! It's almost my WI again already!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

aw sherrie don't chat!!! i always think the week seems long to WI day!!! can't believe this is my 5th week!!! doesn't feel like i've been on here with you guys that long!!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxx

morning all, off to tesco today for green tea and sweetener.. well i have blown it big style ! i had crisps chocolate finished off with a chinese last night !! weighed myself this morning and 2lb gain !! not sure what i can get off from now until weigh in on tues. you;d think i'd learn that i do put weight on very easily and i *think it's the week before my TOTM as my tummy feels very bloated but thats probably to do with the crap !! Just dont let me fall off the wagon !

Remember this each time you reach for chocolate/crisps/anything delicious.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
- Kate Moss

Back