ProPoints Lots to lose: Trying to refind the wagon!!!!

Hey Gem welcome!!!! I am sooooo happy really feel like i can do it this time!!!! Me and my friend (who also does WW had said we would both go out for a meal when we had both lost our first stone!!! which my friend got today!!! instead of going for a meal we decided to have a chinese and watch abit of telly!!! Gut is really not feeling good now after it though!!! was way over indulgent!!! so thats done now!!!! Back to it again!!!! have a party on saturday night but have decided to drink for a number of reasons!!! 1 no points in my alcohol 2 keeps me from going mad on the buffet (which i do when ive got the alcoholic munchies lol!!!! and 3 lets my OH get a drink!!!! so that's the plan so far!!! am goin to a take me out themed night on the 9th of april and will have that as my next blow out!!! and then my birthday is 2 weeks after that!!! looking forward to hopefully getting a new outfit in a smaller size???

question!!!! does anyone know roughtly how much weight you need to lose to drop a dress size?????

oh and i double checked with my leader tonight about the bacardi breezer 100cal!!! she says that they are definitally 1pp per bottle and that she had checked it with head office!!!! so because it sounds good to me, i'm gonna go with that from now on!!!!!

laurenasha your a inspiration! that is bloody brilliant! you must be noticing a difference now?!

everyone is different in how much weight needs to be lost to drop a dress size. your bound to have gone down at least one with 22lb off! Go to the shops and get trying stuff on!

I've had a miserable day. Worst day of the diet so far. Got my totm :( felt cruddy so had chocolate....cake....pasta....you name it! I've just been picking at the fridge all day. What an idiot :( I always get like this though, but I'm too uncomfortable and heavy to get on the exercise bike to work it off. Definately a gain this week, gotta be.

What does everyone else do when they feel like they're losing motivation?

I know, I'd give my right arm to be losing consistently at that rate!

Don't feel bad, it is your TOTM & I don't think any of us get through that without a little comfort eating & curling into the foetus position for a few days! Just put it behind you when you feel you can & concentrate on your goals. Remember why you are doing this, imagine what you will look & feel like at your target weight. Remember your good losses & be proud. Maybe write down a few more short term goals and pair them with (non-food related!) rewards to give you something you can work towards in the short term. We know you can do it! Just keep reminding yourself that this is a lifestyle change, not a way of getting temporary, or unhealthily quick results. Keep your chin up, stay strong & soldier on. :)

Also Day 3 shred update; My leg muscles, both below & above the knee are so stiff/swollen, I grunt & groan like an old man when trying to sit down on the loo/go downstairs! lol.

Thanks Erin :) I've been trolling the forums finding some motivation to keep going. God being a woman is so difficult sometimes! My hormones are all over the place! One minute I'm like 'i just want to give up, sit on the sofa, scoff my face. whats wrong with that?!' and the next its 'get up! get moving! stop eating!'. Your right though, just gotta move on!

30 Day Shred sounds like hell on earth. Surely its not healthy to exercise like that on a daily basis?! I thought you were meant to have a day off between exercising? You might do some damage :S be careful!

Whilst trolling the forums I found this poem, thought I'd share with you all :) xxx

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
and forget all about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your points a bit,
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
but facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!
- Author Unknown

Awwww, that poem is brilliant! So true.

I dunno, there's some debate.. your muscle grows on rest days, so by not resting you won't put on as much muscle, but also people who take rest days find it harder when they come back to it, plus it's called '30 day shred' not '30 session shred'.. it's probably just cos I am sooooo unfit, it's no worse than the pain/stiffness I had in my legs when doing C25K 3 times a week (with rest days in between). I'm not pushing myself too hard, just hard! lol. Jillian assures me that I 'am capable of working out & capable of working out hard'! Ha! I'll be able to kick someone in the face & break their neck by this time next month! lol.

Sherrie there's a difference in going mad for a day and going mad for a week!!!! You know what you've done and you can say it's out of your system and move on!!!! I always take a binge a day or two in my TOTM!!!! We are all just programed that way!!!! You done brilliantly last week!!! keep thinking of that 5.5lb loss wow it really is amazing!!!! i love that poem (they read it one time at slimming world only the points were syns lol) think we should all print it out and stick it to our fridge lol!!!

I'm going shopping today so gonna try the dress size thing!!!!

Wildtrapeze
Im the same as you, totm was looming last few days and let my diet slip a bit and was munching on goodies here and there, went for wi on wed night and was down half pound, so came home that night and re read the books in the welcome pack and also my food diaries for the first couple of weeks to motivate me again. Yday I ate 29/31 dailies and did 1.5hrs walking. Ive been for an hour walk this morning and have my pot of skinny soup made for the weekend. Really want to get my 3rd silver 7 in next 2 weeks (am 3lb off it). Am out on sat night for meal and drinks but Im gonna have whatever I want (within reason) out of my 49 wklys as I intend to eat 29/31 dailys each day and an hour walking everyday so should see some loss next week.

You should be eating all your dailies, Bindi. You won't be getting enough otherwise & your body will think you're starving & start holding onto fat. You're better saving weeklies, not dailies.

bindi you'll do fine pet!!! you've done brilliantly so far!!!! and enjoy your night out, you can't deprive yourself all the time!!!!

oh oh my breakfast today was a donut and 2 pancakes :( not a good start to the weekend!!!!

i have been doing ww for 8 weeks and lost 1 stone on my weigh in today:D

so many healty options
melba toast with light philly is one of my favs x x

You should be eating all your dailies, Bindi. You won't be getting enough otherwise & your body will think you're starving & start holding onto fat. You're better saving weeklies, not dailies.

I find the only way I use up my full dailies is if I have 2-3 snacks a day and its snacking that has me overweight to start with. SUrely if you are genuinely not hungry you shouldnt have to eat jsut for the sake of eating, eat til you are satisfied as my leader says. So far today Ive used 13pp and Ive actually had 2 treats (mid morn special k bar 2pp) and had pack lite crisps with my lunch (3pp).

Green Teas my saviour

Thanks all for the advice about green tea ;)

I had my second weigh in today and lost 4 1/2 lb --

I'm in shock I can only put it down to the green tea :D:D

well done alb, that is brilliant !!as for eating all your points, i nearly always eat all my dailies. but then there are the odd day like today where i am just not hungry i have planned my dinner had my lunch and i will have 9 points spare ! i will have a yoghurt or something after my dinner but like bindi says if i'm not hungry i'll not force myself.. saying that tho, tomorrow could be another story and i want to eat everything in sight lol

2PP for a Ferrero Rocher.

Argh, gonna have to get back to the Green Tea! I've fallen off the wagon there a bit!

As for eating all your points, from most of the debates/articles I have read people advise eating all your dailies, but at the end of the day, I guess it is whatever works best for you as long as you're losing & feel healthy. :)

Eventually bought the green tea and have just had my first cup with a small bit of canderel and I quite enjoyed it. Looking forward to my dinner today
Am having
2 x ww sausages (yummy) 2pp
2 x rasher medallions 1pp
1 x egg 2pp
250g home made chips 5pp

Roll on dinner time.....

i am slightly addected to green tea now ! i started off hating the taste and having sweetners, now i love it with none sooo refreshing.. i do have the one with pomegranite tho... fingers crossed it helps my weightloss ! but even if it doesn't i'll still drink it, doen't make me feel as yakki as drinking coffee through the day and i have found i am sleeping better !!

Back