ProPoints Lots to lose: Trying to refind the wagon!!!!

And I'm really struggling not to snack tonight! I've gone over my cals by 100 even after exercise, and I keep snacking in the evenings lately and I'm really trying not to tonight! But there's soo many tasty goodies in the kitchen! Gotta distract myself! To the XBOX!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

Try to leave some cals over for fruit/sugar-free jelly, I find that gets me through when I know I am in the snacking mood! I did some double crunches earlier (normal crunches + legs @ 90 degrees, rolling up onto your bum & back down at the same time), they nearly killed me! My shoulders & neck are aching right now, must be all the new plank positions exercises in Level 2.. might have to take a painkiller!

Good women wildtrapeze and Erin for your c25k and 30ds. My dvd came yday but havent had a chance to open it, but managed a 40min walk this evening when the kiddies went to bed, was still quite full after dinner so thats all I could manage (had 6pp of homemade chips, egg fried in spray oil and 2 ww sausages and it was delish).
Sipping my 4th cup of green tea at the moment while hubby tucks into chilli heat nachos and dip, but Im happy had 4 squares of cadburys choc tonight after my walk included in my daily pp.

It must be pure torture to have an OH tucking into tasty things when you're on a diet! Makes me glad to be single! lol. I had a Quorn cheese burger with, salad & wedges for tea tonight & a full-fat orange yoghurt for dessert, nicest thing I have ever eaten! lol! All my food is tasting so much more amazing these days!

Wow Bindi well done!

Id live to have jelly its been so long since I had it but I've yet to find a veggie friendly version. Just made myself a cup of green tea, had a glass of water and half a teaspoon of nutella!

I did something similar to you erin but I just could not do it properly. I've shocked myself! Lol

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

Asda sugar free jelly mix is labelled vegetarian, that's the one I use! :)

Yeah I died after about 10 of them, even with Jillian yelling encouragement! lol. Her best quote of Level 2 has to be 'I WANT YOU TO FEEL LIKE YOU'RE GARGLING YOUR HEART BY THE END OF THIS CARDIO CIRCUIT!' :D

Oh I meant to ask you as well, do you find it much different counting calories compared to Pro Points and has your weight loss changed any since you've swapped to calorie counting? Thinking I might have to resort to it to get the scales moving if nothing comes off during April.

oh girls you are soooo good with the exercise!!!! wish i could make my butt do some!!!! if you all change to calorie counting please don't leave me!!!! lol xxxxxx

Oooh might have to try that then, we normally shop at Tesco's which is probably why I havent come across any yet. I'll keep an eye out!

I swapped from PP to cal counting because PP was doing nothing. I did it for 5 weeks I think and all I lost was 3lb!! The week I changed to cal counting was the week I lost 5.5lb, last Sunday I had a 2lb gain but that was because of my totm, I've checked the scales since and the 2lb has gone! Now I'm just waiting for this Sunday to see if I've lost any more now totm is gone. I'm not holding out for a 5.5lb loss again but even just 1lb would be nice. All the exercise I've been doing is either going to go on as muscle mass or all the late night snacking is going to go on as LARD MASS! lol

I think I didnt lose anything with PP because I'm vegetarian, I know you are too Erin but on PP I felt like I wasnt actually eating any different. It was just like I wasnt dieting, I was eating exactly the same things but pointing them. I was often quite a few points under so after dinner I'd force myself to eat fruit or a slice of toast just to try and up the points a bit, and I felt like I was over eating. My problem and why I'm fat is because I always had big portions of carbs, like in pasta I'd often have 2-3 times what a normal portion should have - only now that I calorie count do I actually realise it! Everyone is different though, PP really seems to be working for Laurenasha and everyone else. It just didnt for me, I gave it a go though!

Also, just to add on; Someone once said to me that changing your diet every now and again might also be beneficial so your body doesnt get used to one diet. For example, PP for 2 weeks, cal counting for 2 weeks, beach diet 2 weeks, atkins for 2 weeks...and so on. I've no idea how likely it is to be true, but I'd be interested to find out. A lot of hassle though, I'm thinking...

sherry you were also drinking your green tea the week you lost 5.5lb were you not!!! WW has really helped me focus on what sh*t im putting into my body!!! i was eating take outs EVERY DAY before dieting!!! because of where i work and just out of laziness too on the home cooking front!!! Even now if i've had a bad week i realise what i've put into my body!!! On a bad week now i'm still eating no where near the amount of cr*p i was eating before!!! so even when i'm not being great i realize what i'm doing to myself!!!!

I did eat a lot of carbs, but find I can't as much on the PP, so try to eat more protein, fruit & veg. Did you find you had a big drop in the volume of food you eat when you switched, or that you're hungrier doing calorie counting.. also how do you know the calories of things that aren't in packets.. like fruit & veg?

I was drinking green tea then aswel! Definately helps, I know it does :)

I always thought I was pretty healthy because of being a veggie, but I'd make up the lack of meat with sweets, cakes and chocolates. Having a wellington like I had the other night, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. I would have had that, with wedges and beans probably, then like a cornetto or profiteroles for dessert. Then I had it the other day and nearly had a heart attack when I saw the wellington was going to total about 800cal ALONE! Your completely right, you dont realise until you go through something like this.

I've been nosing around peoples profiles on here - I'm obsessed with before & after pics because it really gives me motivation and I'm in need of a lot of that at the moment! I came across the profile of lozzy-gozzy (try searching if your interested). She was 19 stone! She was a large lady, she is a bloody stunner now! She's lost about 10 stone I think (? not sure) but she looks like she's lost 10 years too, she doesnt look like the same person. It was exactly the kick up the backside I needed tonight, just to know that what I'm trying to achieve is do-able. I can't do anything about all the naughty bites I have the past few evenings - as much as I do just want to chuck them up now though! - but tomorrow is another day! :)

I did eat a lot of carbs, but find I can't as much on the PP, so try to eat more protein, fruit & veg. Did you find you had a big drop in the volume of food you eat when you switched, or that you're hungrier doing calorie counting.. also how do you know the calories of things that aren't in packets.. like fruit & veg?

I found that the volume of food for me stayed the same as what I would normally eat. Thats what I mean, nothing changed in my diet apart from pointing it all!
I'm not hungry on the cal counting unless I have like just a cup-a-soup for lunch or something which is a ridiculous 50 odd calories, but thats my fault because I should be organised and make a proper lunch. It works out that you can have 300cal for each meal then 300cal for snacks. My day usually consists of toast and jam for brekkie (250cal) lunch is usually a salad with quorn and balsamic dressing (250cal) or a quorn chicken fajita (350cal) and then for dinner I'd have something like jacket potato with beans, or soup or something for around 400cal. Sometimes during the day I'll have a chocolate bar or bag of crisps just to get my energy up a bit, but usually I'm really good. Its only the last few days I've had dinner and just out of greed I've been having a slice of cake, or funsize choc bar or just a slice of bread with nutella. But there usually taking me over the cal limit, its not cos im hungry its cos im a pig! I've been losing a bit of motivation.

With PP I didnt feel like I was on a diet, and for some people thats what they want and its brilliant but for me I need to feel like I'm on a diet, and that im changing my eating habits. If I know and feel I'm on a diet then I feel healthier on the inside and mentally too.

Just reading your thoughts on pro points and I am totally the opposite. I love them! I think it's psychological for me...like last Friday I had my worst day and had a Chinese takeaway and a large bar of galaxy...felt like I'd blown it...but the next morning I pointed it all and yes it took a lot of my weeklies as well as my dailies but I knew if I stuck to my dailies for the rest of the week, it wouldn't do much harm! It kept me on The wagon, so to speak! I ended up eating most of my weeklies but doing 43 activity points and not eating them which resulted in 1.8 lbs off. I guess its different for everyone but Its working for me.

I have lost most of my 6 stone with calorie counting..it really does work and there's a great app and site...my fitness pal.com which is free to use. I have changed my plan 4 times over the 6 stone and it does work....makes you focus again on the little things and refreshes your interest. I shall stick with WW for three months, if I'm still loosing steadily I'll stay with it..if not I will look around for something else.

Have a lovely weekend ladies
Gem x

girls i just put on my work uniform and i'd like to shout about something for a second!!!! it was getting loss up the top but i just put it on and i can now grab it round the belly!!! I was absolutely busting it 6 weeks ago!!! there was no more room left in it!!! So i am a happy bunny today!!! motivation is totally back again!!!!

oh and another thing!!! my scales said 14st 11lb this morning!!! i know it was first thing in the morning and i could be 15st 1 or 2lb this evening but it's the first time i've got under the 15stone!!! i was 16st 13lb when i started so that is absolutely amazing for me!!!! Really gave me the motivation i needed to get through this weekend!!!

of to work now girls!!! Chat soon xxxxxxxx

Morning all..

well done everyone with their exercise.. the 30 shred sounds hard core !!..

I was just reading through the posts and i totally agree with being obsessed with looking for before and after pics lol.. i am so the same and it gives me the kick i needed..

i too have been on numerous diets, infact i started WW LAST April !! changed to SW, did a bit of cal counting now back to PP.. but does anyone else feel different this time??

before i was always looking for a quick fix, couting down the days to a treat day, or trying to have high pointed foods and just not eating often !.. this time it's like my brain has finally given in lol. i just dont want the crap stuff... dont get me wrong the odd burger, fast food/ chinese is lovely but i just couldn't imagine eating the amount or kind of foods i used to..yey to PP...

well yesterday i felt terrible all day sick as a dog and bad belly ache ( i hate the first couple of days of TOTM) and literally ate NOTHING.. until i forced myself to have something at dinner time.. feel a little better today and made myself have a crumpet this morning..

has anyone got anything nice planned for the weekend & mothers day?

I am off to my mothers tomorrow she is on strict instructions of my diet lol so chicken and salad i think.. bless her she'll hide everything bad insight..xxx

Morning Girls x back on the green stuff big time today xx

Wey Hey Lauranasha well done on the uniform front x

Hope ur feeling bit beta today Lou x

Good on you Wild-t n Erin with all that exercise it wears me out just reading ( ain't took the wrapper of the Zumba game yet !, but I will next week -- after all it's nearly mums day ) xx

Emmmmm-- Bindi, Egg & Chips my favourite x

All have a lovely day tomorrow xxxx

Morning all..

well done everyone with their exercise.. the 30 shred sounds hard core !!..

I was just reading through the posts and i totally agree with being obsessed with looking for before and after pics lol.. i am so the same and it gives me the kick i needed..

i too have been on numerous diets, infact i started WW LAST April !! changed to SW, did a bit of cal counting now back to PP.. but does anyone else feel different this time??

before i was always looking for a quick fix, couting down the days to a treat day, or trying to have high pointed foods and just not eating often !.. this time it's like my brain has finally given in lol. i just dont want the crap stuff... dont get me wrong the odd burger, fast food/ chinese is lovely but i just couldn't imagine eating the amount or kind of foods i used to..yey to PP...

well yesterday i felt terrible all day sick as a dog and bad belly ache ( i hate the first couple of days of TOTM) and literally ate NOTHING.. until i forced myself to have something at dinner time.. feel a little better today and made myself have a crumpet this morning..

has anyone got anything nice planned for the weekend & mothers day?

I am off to my mothers tomorrow she is on strict instructions of my diet lol so chicken and salad i think.. bless her she'll hide everything bad insight..xxx

Yup, I definitely feel in it for as long as it takes this time, even if I have difficulty believing all the weight will actually come off, my mind has resigned itself to the fact that slow and steady is the only way I will ever do this.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

I am off to my brother-in-law's restaurant for Mother's Day & am going to have a sensible main & treat myself to his handmade Turkish Delight cheesecake!

Back