ProPoints Lots to lose: Trying to refind the wagon!!!!

Well girls I am just home from work and feeling VERY depressed!!! I finally faced the hole in the wall and got a mini statement from the bank machine!!! Oh oh I am in serious trouble!! I need 200 to cover the monthly bills next week!!! Am so ticked of with myself for doing it!!! I knew I had been dipping into it but all the 10's and 20's never seem like much at the time (but they all add up)!!!! So am sitting here worrying about money and trying to work everything out (and what happens when I worry?? I eat!!! Not this time though am gonna control myself!!!) So daddy's little princess is gonna have to go crawling to him tomorrow for a loan!!! (oh dear god I hate the thought of having to ask!!!!) He will give it to me, but I always feel like he's thinking I should be managing the money better!!! Lou I am gonna have to take a leaf out of your book and keep an eye on my accounts from now on!!!!

Sorry for that verbal diarrhia , but I just had to get it out of my system lmao!!!!

Lauren - I know how it feels to lose track of your finances and to ask the parents for help! Before I met my husband (who looks after his money well) I was always spending too much and had to ask my parents on occasion for a loan.

Is it possible for you to do up a budget to every month? Have a certain amount of money that you can spend but when its gone its gone? My old flatmate and I used to have cheap weeks together where we wouldnt buy anything and use up what we had and do fun things like make up weird cocktails from what alcohol we had left, do facials and manicures, and play dress up :)

Good Luck hun x

Oh gossipgirl!!! I'm just lazy with my finances and don't keep on top of them!!! I'm gonna have to have a few cheap months to catch back up on it lol xxxxxxxx

Thanks! Don't think you should stick to 18 points for more than a week though, it's only meant for a kick start and you wouldn't be getting enough and may go into starvation mode if you start doing exercise and sticking with it longer than a week! Are you gonna start C25K from the beginning again? I just watched Level 3 there, looks f**king INTENSE!! lol. Gonna have to modify loads to the beginner level, I think! But I CAN DO IT! ;D

I've never had the BNS chips, must try them some time. I'm waiting for my roast potatoes and squash in the oven, gonna have them with broccoli, carrots, gravy & ketchup! Then a Milky Way for dessert, yummy! Just having a cup of green tea while I wait!

I'm also going for a 100% week! Except I've been previously limiting my carbs and it's killing me and not making any difference, but I will try to up my water content, snack less and stay within my 24 daily points!

That is a very random dinner.... ketchup and gravy?!!!

Your right, I'll just go straight to 24p. Now that I'm finally getting back on my running feet I'm going to need the extra calories for energy!
Im going to start at W1 again, from the top. Im really hoping that my leg doesnt play up again, I'll be so angry!

Laurenasha - I'd like to find one person who doesnt overspend and then live to regret it for the next month! lol
Don't fret, like you said - you've got someone to help you out. Lifes to short to worry about money - and you've had a good time to show for it hey.

My OH is ridiculously good with money. I'm in about £5k of debt (which is a lot for a student who cant get work!) and have always been naff with money - whereas he has none apart from his student loan. Yet mention saving for our wedding and suddenly he has loads of things to pay for :p cheek!

Haha, I just fancied a roast dinner and would rather have a Milky Way afterwards than include some kind of meat replacement! lol.

Did you calculate your points and they ended up at 24? Don't want to be leading you astray! :p I have my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow! :)

Hmmm, I'm tempted to start the C25K with you, although I'm a little worried about where to to run & that I won't be able to do it!

Also, awwww, when are you getting married?

As for overspending, my bank account is in the minus until I get my dole this week! So annoyed at not being able to find/get a job.

No I've worked out my points as 22 - thanks for reminding me lol, so not that much of a difference from 18 - but I wont turn down the extra points!

You WILL be able to do it, you've been doing the 30DS! Id rather do 20 mins of run/walk a day than the 30DS anyday! lol
I genuinely thought I wouldnt be able to do it, it was a bit harder than I thought it was going to be but I still managed it. Even my mum who was a heavy smoke most of her life, is 16st and has leg problems managed to do half of it! Trust me, you can do it!
Entirely up to you if you want to start it same day as me though - would be good to have someone to compare notes to :) Just 2 months till race for life, would be good if I could jog it.
Have you got any parks or anything round by you? Not sure if just running on path is the way to go - I think it was running on pavement that did my leg in, the impact of a heavy person running with weak muscles on a hard surface = not good!

I'm currently on the path of going to university, ive one more year of college to go as a 'mature' learner and then I'm off to uni - so I hope anyway. So any wedding will be after uni unless we win the lottery lol. We got engaged last year when we lived together, but I decided I wanted us to have a stable future for ourselves and our family so I'm on my way to being a pharmacist :) Every time I mention getting married though he cacks himself lol dont think he's realised what he's let himself in for!!

Didnt you say your degree was environmental/animal welfare? If I remember rightly - sounds very specific; its the same problem my OH has (his degree is English Lit and Drama) and he cant get a job ANYWHERE with that sort of degree. Doesnt help that the recession/employment situation makes it hell too, really feel for you hun. I cant even get a temp job, there is literally nothing out there. Worst part is that I cant even get benefits cos Im a student unless I pop out some sprogs! Stupid system.

I'm sure 4 points a day will make all the difference! I'll be down to 22 when I lose another 5/6 lbs. Hmmm, I think the 30DS will have improved my ability to do the first couple of weeks as I'm doing 3 sets of 2 minute non-stop cardio every day, which is like jogging, but more vigorous! lol. After that though, we'll have to see! Seriously, 30DS is not so bad, I mean, I still modify the hard moves, but Jillian says there's no shame in that! lol. I kind of love it now! When are you starting? I'm going to be starting walking/cycling soon, so I may as well do it with you! I'm starting L3 tomorrow though, so it'll probably be a couple of days til I feel up to doing anything on top of that, but it really gives me so much energy, I feel like I need to be doing something else after it. Bet I'll be eating my words after the first day I do both though! lol. Hmmm, the closest parks are about 15 mins away, but (in my mind anyway!) are full of lurking, hooded youths! lol. I used to jog on a track around the quarry, but it's such an effort to get up there, it kinda put me off. I've never ran on concrete, but don't want to risk a leg injury! Hmm, will have to have a think.

Ooooh, pharmacy, eh? Well at least you're pretty much guaranteed a job out of that! Yeah, my degrees are in Psychology and Animal Behaviour and Welfare. I really want to get into the field of animal research (David Attenborough style!) but I think I need to get more experience first, so might try and get a job in a shop or supermarket or office, just to save money, then maybe do a bit of travelling and volunteering in one. The recession sucks MAJOR ass. Have you signed up to a temping/recruitment agency? I'm thinking about doing that, but dunno what it'd be like!

Started W1D1 (again!) this morning. Got woken up at the unearthly hour of 7.30 this morning to go jogging, managed it! :D Was worried I wouldn't be able to because the pain started coming back a little bit but I just kept going and eventually it went away, even now I'm resting it and it would normally be killing me but its fine. Going to make an appt at the docs anyway because I wanted to do the race for life this year, but if the problem is worse than I think and doc says I can't do it then I can't really afford to just give away the sign up fee, so gotta go before I sign up. Anyone else thinking of doing the RFL this year?

Also, WI this morning - lost 3lb :) only 10 more lb and I'll be into the 12's!! Going to be giving it 150 million % this week - when I look at it like that, that I've only got 10lb to go till 12's, makes me really motivated.

You've got 2 degree's?!!! Thats brilliant! Such a shame you've not found anything though :\ I would highly recommend going travelling and volunteering. It is ridiculously expensive though. I would have liked to have done volunteering with turtles in Costa Rica or something but its a good couple of grand BEFORE flights! It is a really good thing to put on your CV though.

Hiya girls ... Firstly congrats to Erin for her 1lb loss and to wildtrapeze for her 3lb loss ... Well done girls :) welcome to Tracey Jane and trisha10 and well done on ur weight loss :) ....Lou I'm going try and do the same as u and wildtrapeze .. Gud luck girls :) ... Wats the 30 day shred u girls talk abt and w1d1 ??? I'm a bit lost abt it... Lauren I'm in the same boat as ur selve... I keep digging in to my bank account as well... Lifting 10 r 20 and b4 I knw it ... It's gone .. I hve three little boys to keep as well and never a spare penny go around bt wats money when u hve gud family and friends ... Yeah money does it help bt it's no use without family and friends ...we all get by in life ..... Cheer up and b POSTIVE things do turn around... Look hw far u come in ur weight loss ... Keep it up :) ..bindi I hope u enjoyed ur curry I hvent had one for ages as well puts me in the mind to hve one :) gud luck for the wi this week ...

Hi Yass,
Thank you :)

30 day shred is what ErinW has been doing. Its a fitness DVD claims to 'shred' I think 20 odd lb in the 30 days but you do it in 30 days, every 10 days the level of exercise increases, Erin is about to do Level 3 I think. Sounds pretty hardcore to me but she it managing just fine :)
Whereas me, I'm doing the Couch-to-5k (C25K) and that claims to get you running 5km in 9 weeks and you train every other day for 9 weeks. So when I say W1D1 i mean Week1 Day1 of training. Its a brilliant program, so I think so far, and seems to be getting lots of publicity lately.

Hiya girls xx well done Erin n windtrapeze on your weight losses:):)
Good luck Lou x I think it's ur weigh day ? Losing track so many of us now :talk017: love being part of your gang Lauranasha xx

Trying my hardest to be good ! Reading this thread keeps me on track thanks y'all xx

Well girls!!! Congrats sherry on your 3lb loss, thats fantastic (I have had a sneak peak at the scales and somehow after that weekend I am showing a 3lb loss atm!!! Really praying it stays of till thursday so i can get my 2st!!!!)

I am feeling alot better after i seen my dad this morning (he helped me out with a small loan), and feeling even better after i DIDN'T BINGE last night!!! I usually head straight for the cupboards when i'm feeling down!!! So that was an acheivement on it's own!!!

We have a kids birthday party to go to today at 4pm, I am dreading it because i know there is always lots of party food to nibble on!!! Gonna try and be strong though!! And also prepare by having a bowl of soup and a WW meal before i go!!!

Thinking of making a lovely full salad tonight for tea when we get back!!! With a few of the wrong stuff lol ie coleslaw, cheese, potatoes lol But gonna go down to tesco's now shortly and get their reduced fat coleslaw and see if there is any low fat cheese that i can get!!!

and LOU would you hurry up and let us know how u get on lol!!! u must be weighed by now lmao xxxxx

hi girls, i lost 1.5lb today ! am pleased i expect it to slow down and have had some naughty foods this week !!!

in for a 100% week am preparing a lovely cooked chicken roast dinner for tea and use all my dailies on that as my treat,

1lt of water done
2 green tea done

i have a kids party on sat but it's not till 3.30 ( weather permitting) so i can have lunch before i go and stay clear of snacks..

well done erin and sherry brilliant losses..

and well done to anyone who i may have missed.. xxx

lauren glad your dad helped you out hun, it is hard keeping track of cash i'll never be one of these people who have savings lol unless you cound tesco clubcard vouchers LMAO, cash burns a hole in my purse !

Well done Lou!!! That's fantasic!!! Seem like everyone is having a pretty good week, even after the bad weekend lmao!!! I'm also gonna try for a 100% week!!! Really need to get focused again on losing this weight!!! 3lb in 2 weeks is ok but i only have 7 weeks to the hen party and 9 weeks to the wedding!! Would like at least another stone off by then!!! Could have more of if i really put all my effort into it!! My birthday is today week!!! the OH wants to go for a night out but with the bank balance, and 4 weekends out in a row i really need to cool my heals!! Might just get a chinese and a dvd!!!

Weather was lovely this morning but it is raining here now again!!! Gonna get my butt into action now and tidy up and then head to tesco's before the party!!!!

Wildtrapeze-Well done on your 3lb loss thats great, the 12s are only around the corner. Ive 13lb to go to get into the 12s and am so looking forward to it.
Erin - Not sure if I already said well done on your loss but if I didnt, well done!
Lou - Good woman, 1.5lb down!
Im losing track of everyone on here and who is doing what, old age catching up on me I think lmao. I still havent gotten round to opening the 30 day shred dvd yet :sigh: but I have been walking for an hour 6 out of 7 days.
Bank account, ha whats that? Im a housewife so hav no income of my own coming in :sigh: but its a rewarding job all the same (most of the time).
Did 45 min walk with babs in the buggy this morning and had 2 x brown bread toasted with sliced banana and a sprinkling of cinnamon for brekkie(tip I found on another thread here), was very nice. Gonna try and not pick at everything today, have had the munchies the last couple of days and have the rest of my 0pp soup to have. Chicken fajitas on the menu tonight, gonna skip the wrap though cos I think its a waste at 4pp so gonna do some home made chips with it instead
Have my wi tomorrow evening and honestly am not sure how the scales will look. I lost track of my weeklies and have gone over my dailies the last 3 days :eek:
but hopefully the walking will save me.
Have a great day everyone.

well i'm off to tescos with my 20quid lmao and i have sooo much to get!!! Gonna learn what budgeting really feels like lol xxxxx

Bindi good luck for WI tomor!!! xxxx

lauren you can do it with £20 quid hun.. get the essentials like milk and bread and write your meals down. i HAVE to do it this way or we have no money EVER it also means i can normally do a weekly shop for under £40... if you have online do your shopping list there write everything down with the price next to it so you know exactly what your about to spend and then you also can't allow for extra's it'll be tight with £20 but do able hun xxi sound like a right old miser but for the last 2 years DP has been out of work so every penny has counted, now he's been working again it's just stuck and i refuse to go back to spending money on silly things.. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the congrats, guys! :)

Well done Lou! 1.5 is great!!

Good luck with the shopping, Lauren! lol.
Started W1D1 (again!) this morning. Got woken up at the unearthly hour of 7.30 this morning to go jogging, managed it! :D Was worried I wouldn't be able to because the pain started coming back a little bit but I just kept going and eventually it went away, even now I'm resting it and it would normally be killing me but its fine. Going to make an appt at the docs anyway because I wanted to do the race for life this year, but if the problem is worse than I think and doc says I can't do it then I can't really afford to just give away the sign up fee, so gotta go before I sign up. Anyone else thinking of doing the RFL this year?

Also, WI this morning - lost 3lb :) only 10 more lb and I'll be into the 12's!! Going to be giving it 150 million % this week - when I look at it like that, that I've only got 10lb to go till 12's, makes me really motivated.

You've got 2 degree's?!!! Thats brilliant! Such a shame you've not found anything though :\ I would highly recommend going travelling and volunteering. It is ridiculously expensive though. I would have liked to have done volunteering with turtles in Costa Rica or something but its a good couple of grand BEFORE flights! It is a really good thing to put on your CV though.

I'm glad your leg is feeling better! I have had a bit of a sore instep that's probably due to the Shred, but it seems to get better after I do it & only be sore in between.. weird! Hmm, dunno if I will get around to starting today, I will see how I feel after L3D1! You're definitely well within sight of the 12s! I have 19lbs to go first!

I got contacted by some recruitment agency this morning, which I don't remember contacting first (creepy!), but I am going to go register with them on Thursday, as it can't hurt to see what they may offer. I'd love to do something like that too, but the prices for "nice" volunteering posts are just crazy money!

:faint2: PHEEEEWWWWW!! Level 3 is NO JOKE.

Back