ProPoints Lots to lose: Trying to refind the wagon!!!!

Hehe, well don't worry, I don't buy into it either, I spent ten years in the South, so don't even feel that loyal to the Ards cause and I went to tech in Bangor! As for why Lauren, I don't really know, I think it maybe started as a football thing? I have no idea, though!

I'm 25 (26 in June). Did you go to Stranmillis to do teaching, LEB?

Lol very good :)

I went to Bangor High *cue milly jokes* lol
It's now called Bangor Academy ( well was the last year I was there) where did u go???

No Queens all the way- I've a History and Politics degree/ Masters in History and a degree in Teaching lol 3 degrees all at Queens :)

Regent house of course!! I actually chuckled out loud at the milly joke comment so that saves you :)! How are you doing with pro points?

Wow, that's mad! I've only the two degrees from Queens.. so far! Haha! I always thought you had to go to the Stranmillis campus to do teaching! I'm trying to get a PhD spot at the mo, but it's just insanely competitive.

Would have loved to went there- unfortunately I failed my 11 plus lol

However I don't think it's done me any harm :) I have a son who is 8- has the ability and I'm wanting to send him to Regent when it's time and hopefully he passes lol

I'm finding it good had losses every week except last- didn't go as I know i'd put on 2lbs ( was away a few days ) however right back at it and I think I've lost it before my wi 2m :)

I'm sure he takes after his mom!! Which class do you go to? There's a leader called Anne who is amazing in our area! Hope you have the two off!

Good for you Erin :) no Queens has their own School of Education separate from stran- go you a PHD!! What subject?? They asked me to stay on and do one- I said no cause I've always wanted to do teaching ( feel like this is my life story lol )

One in the centre of Bangor- leader is called Margaret - she's really nice too- doesn't put pressure on you but supportive

Oh right! Maybe teaching might be an option in the future, if I could ever attempt to finance it myself, especially with the new mental fees coming in. My Masters was in Animal Behaviour & Welfare, so it'd be Biological Sciences and probably something to do with conservation or behaviour. At the minute I'm struggling to get a job as a waitress, or even in an office, though!

Yeah they do a PGCE for all 3 sciences at Queens- you should check it out.

I know it's mental I was ok for my first 2 but the teaching one cost me as much and it was one year! Who cares anyway you don't pay it back til your earning plus they take it along with you tax- I'll be paying mine back forever lol

Lauren I had a chow mein last night and the left overs for my lunch today lol :)

Hmm, I didn't think you could get any kind of student loan once you'd done your first degree. I wouldn't even know where to start looking as I got a grant for my undergrad and my Dad paid for my MSc..

Keep with it Erin- that's an impressive subject area!! When I win the lottery I'll fund you lol ;)ATF

Haha, sweet! Get the tickets in! :p

I don't think I'd be that bothered if I owed a lot, as you say, they take it back slowly, once you're earning over a certain amount. Who did you go to, just a bank, or a specific education and library board? I never want to leave uni! Hahaha!

I went through my education and library board- yeah I think my folks thought I was never leaving lol I loved it :)

Hmm, well I'll definitely keep it in mind, although knowing my luck they'll have changed the rules by the time I get around to wanting to do a PGCE!

Just wondering to those of you doing ProPoints that aren't earning Activity Points, are you using all your weeklies and still losing?

I thought that's where I was going wrong, but it seems most people still lose eating their weeklies. Dunno what's wrong with my silly metabolism!

Back