ProPoints Lots to lose: Trying to refind the wagon!!!!

Hi all,
Pizza sounds fab Lauren, went shopping today but couldnt find the lazy chilli and garlic anywhere, maybe they dont do it here (rep ireland). Doing a roast chicken for dinner tonight (need to bin the skin as soon as chicken comes out of the oven...) and gonna do loads of roast veg and some roasted pots too. Day going well so far, earned 6pp on my walk this morn so feeling good.
Good luck to Carly and Lauren for your weighins :)

Hope your little one is ok Lauren!

I have the IUD as the hormones are ruining me so I wanted something non hormonal!

Good Luck with your new job wild trapeze!

Ruth
X

Thanks Bindi... Really hope the scales stay as they are :)

Ruth -hope it settles down soon xx

I bet you've done really well Carly don't worry about those scales!

I'll be fine don't worry about me! I just posted on the other thread about your legs?

Ruth
X

I'm an expert on leg aching, Carly! lol, try doing stretches nice and slow and holding them, definitely have a bath and consider using some deep heat/freeze rub and maybe some Ibuprofen to ease any inflammation. Good luck for WI and I hope you're feeling better soon!

Sherry, congrats on the race for life and the new job! Things seem to be going really well for you! Hope you like the job! I'm definitely noticing a big difference in my losses since starting an active job.

Lauren, maybe you should take your little boy to the doctors, that doesn't sound too good. :(

Bindi, I'm having a lovely roast dinner, too (except I'll be swapping the chicken for a veggie burger!)!

It's SO lovely to have a day off.

Thanks Ruth and Erin

Lauren - hope ur little one feels better x

Congrats wildtrapeze on ur job and the run
Hope Lauren ur wee one gets better soon
Carly and Ruth hope the two off u feel better soon as well...
Bindi dinner sounds nice cld do wth a nice dinner instead of tuna salad bowl frm subway ...
I had a gud day
Breakfast
Toast wth banana 5 pp
Tea 0pp
Fruit for lunch 0 pp
Dinner
Tuna salad 5 pp
2 slices of soreen loaf 7 pp
A small slice of cake 5 pp

22/33 ... That's me folks .. Going to mke up frm the weekend ...
Gud luck Carly and Lauren for ur wi and anyone else who has a wi this week :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not sure if its of any help to you Carly and I dont know how widely available it is, but I've got this 'arnica gel' and 'arnica bath soak' im assuming arnica is a herb or flower or something but its for relieving muscle ache and I swear to god its better than anything I've ever used. When I used to play roller derby my aches were horrific after a 4 hour training session and this stuff did the job. I kid you not, at some points I couldn't get myself up off the toilet my legs ached so bad lol I think its worth it for anyone really, Lauren you might need some for when you exercise if you haven't exercised in 2 months :p lol

Thanks everyone for the well wishes though! It definitely feels like the final piece of the puzzle and everything has finally come together. I'd been unemployed for 6 months, and even though its only going to be part time its good hours because it should fit in with my course next year too as its evening work.

How are you getting on with your work Erin? And are you still doing the old WW or are you doing the PP?

Lauren hope your little man feels better soon!

Yass - sounds like you've been good today! Hope it reflects in WI!

How are you getting on with your work Erin? And are you still doing the old WW or are you doing the PP?
Meh, it's ok, really intense work and very long & antisocial hours with quite a cliquey group of people. One of the manager's I hate, the other I love, so it can be awful, or a right laugh, depending. I haven't really decided whether I like it or not yet! lol. It is doing wonders for my weight loss though, so I will concentrate on that for the moment! How many hours are you going to be doing in Asda?

Also I am definitely gonna get some of that arnica stuff, too, if I see it anywhere!

This is my 500th post! :D

How many do I have to have to do the gold/silver diary thing, does anyone know?

Evening all.

Well done on new job Wild - good for you x

Looks like everybody is doing really well x
I have been mad busy with placement and assignment writing. Need to get all sorted before I go to South Africa which is fast approaching :/ Finally going shopping tomorrow for the first time this year (for me anyway!). I am desperate for new clothes, just wish it wasn't so expensive :/ Gonna have a good luck in the sales and I am desperately hoping I can fit into Primark clothes now cos that will save a few pennies! Currently a size 18/20 and not sure what there sizes are like so may be in there a while!

Lauren - how old is your little one? Is he complaining of pain?

Ruth - I had the IUD fitted as my GO couldn't get mirena in. I had excessive bleeding and awful stomach cramps. Common side effects - had it removed after 2wks. Hope you feel better soon x

Mamma he isn't sick he's just a really bad eater! and he's been heaving when eating and today he actually went as far as actually throwing up! I'm worried it's some sort of strange eating disorder! I am trying to get my boys to have healthy diets but I don't know what to do?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you tried involving them in the preparation and cooking of their meals?
Make it a fun activity - easier said than done I know!

What about making faces etc from food?

I had got him chicken teddy bears and cooked them in the oven!! He was enjoying ripping their heads, arms and feet off but then the next thing i knew he'd been sick!!!! Ugh if it's rubbish, crisps, ice-cream choc etc he will scoff it down!! I think i'm gonna have to try tough love for a few days and see if it helps!!! Not that they get alot of rubbish, but if he has Nothing else offered maybe he will eat!! Bugs me cause he used to be such a good eater with his fruit and veg!!!!

Its 15 hours a week, 5 till 10pm. Its not a lot, I've been trying for a year to get a part time job with them sort of hours, then I finally finish college and was just going to get a full time job and quit after 3 months then this one come up! Sods law or what!!

I got the arnica stuff from QVC, its by a brand called SBC its not cheap, admittedly, but its good stuff. I got the trio which is (full sizes) arnica leg gel, arnica bath soak and arnica warming gel and it was £26 but you can just get the gel on its own from the sbcgels.co.uk website for about £14. Its got reviews on the website about people who use it when they train for marathons and that. I pulled a muscle yesterday doing the raceforlife, had a horrific nights sleep, could barely walk today but just had a bath with the gel and soak and managed to get up the stairs easy!

Lauren my son was exactly the same- he ate everything up until 2ish.

Now it's a limited diet and he is soooooo fussy. I just stick with what he likes and try the odd new thing- hard to know what to do xxxx

Thanks for the arnica advice! Will definitely check out Boots on payday if my legs don't improve by then. Oh and I am still on the old Weight Watchers, did a week of Pro Points again and had a good loss, but was too scared to eat any of my weeklies! lol. Don't think it really matters which I am on at the mo as I only ever have a bowl of cereal before work and soup & a salad sarnie in work and if I finish before 10pm I might have a toastie and a Milky Way, but if it's later, I'll just have nothing. It;s so hot in work and I'm working so hard that by the time I am finished I have no appetite.

Lauren, my nephew is the same with being fussy, my sister gives him a choice of lots of different things (ham sarnies cut in the shape of dinosaurs, babybels, wotsits, grapes, strawberries, etc.) in small 'fun' containers in a bag and calls it his 'picnic' as he seems to eat that stuff better than normal dinner type food presented on a plate!

Back