ProPoints Lots to lose: Trying to refind the wagon!!!!

Calm down Erin!! BREATHE!!

Its ok to fall off the wagon, the point is - your getting back on it.

Secondly, what sort of hours do you do at your workplace? Do you have split shifts? I have crap hours too, I usually start at 4 or 5pm, meaning I last eat at about 3pm and will then gorge on crap when I get home. This weeks STS has proper put me off dieting, I know I had a massive box of chocs, but I went swimming twice, did a zumba session AND went for a jog. I more than reigned it in! And SO, im going to take a deep breath and shake it up again and try something else. I have found something called 'The Lunchbox Diet'.

Now, I know it sounds like a fad diet you would read in a magazine about some american cash making scheme, but all this guy (from the UK!) has done is simplified 'eating healthy'. He doesnt believe in WW or SW or cal counting. He just eats mostly raw food. The plan is basically to eat a healthy breakfast (I.e. Wholegrains, oatmeal, poached eggs etc) and a healthy dinner (lean meats, wholegrain pasta rice or quinoa, whatever you fancy) but the main thing is that you eat little and often throughout the day by packing a 'lunchbox' full of healthy stuff to give you all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients you need.

Your 'lunch box' is basically made of 3 groups; group A - vegetables which will make up 45-60% of the box, Group B - Lean protein 15-30% of the box (as we dont eat meat in our cases it will mean eggs, legumes, beans, pulses, etc) and Group C - Sauce 10% of the box - sauces are there to give flavour to things. If your highly active you can have a group D which is active carbs so thats where pasta and rices come in. I reckon if you have a long day where you cant sit down and eat a proper meal then maybe try this - even for a week. You could have a breakfast, take ur lunchbox to work and pick at it all day. Many people find that by the end of the day there not even hungry enough for a dinner.

The main thing is that you eat hardly any snacks, sweets or other rubbish because they are just 'empty calories'. Obviously, you havent gotta be a PhD to realise that cutting all that out and eating raw food is gonna make the weight fall off you but he's put it into an every day plan that can be easy to follow if you stick to it.

Im going to try it, I reckon it's going to be proper hard core and its going to be really testing. And if it doesnt work, or I die, then I won't do it anymore lol. This could help make me reach my personal challenge by the end of august because he claims you can lose up to a 12lbs in the first 2 weeks and between 7-19lb a month after. Judging from my track record I'd be lucky to hit the 7lb a month lol but anythings worth a go isnt it?

Erin I think if you work long hours during the day this could be ideal for u too? But it does sound well hardcore!

FAQs On The Lunch Box Diet Health System - No Honger Diet | The Lunch Box Diet - Best Weight Loss Dieting Plan - How To Lose Belly Fat
Cheers hun, this is just what I needed, something a little different to make me feel re-energised about dieting again. I'll read through this again practically when I have a day off, but it sounds like it'd be worth the challenge and doesn't sound to be unhealthy.

HELLO lol!!! Sorry I have been MIA girls!! We were away all day with the family on tuesday and I was working yesterday!!!

So yesterday was my 1st day at the job!! I felt useless to start with, then my confidence grew and I felt better!! Then I felt useless again lol!!! It was a really intense day!! We had our first call at 8amly and we never got home till 11.30pm!!!! And I am working fri,sat, and sunday!! The same hours lol!!! Aw it is going to be mad!!! But it is only for a week or two until they bring in more staff!!!

My scales are looking seriously dodgy after the pizza on tuesday night lol!!! Gonna have to work my butt off to fix them before tuesday!!! NOTE: PIZZA IS THE WORST FOOD TO BINGE ON LOL!!!! Every time I eat it I throw on like 4lb!!!

Sherry and Ruth- I like the sound of matching tattoos!! Its nice without going mad and getting each others names tattooed on lol!!!

Lunchbox diet- I'm not sure about this one!! Yes it probably will work! But I don't think that It would be enough to keep me satisfied as I like my meals!!! I am not a snacker!!!

Bindi- You are doing amazing honey!! Enjoy your weekend away xxxxx

Carly- You will get that 2 stone next week!!

xxxxxxxx

Sounds knackering lauren! Glad your first day went well though!

Erin, I've started today that lunchbox diet. I got the ebook from amazon for a giver but I can't put down all the main info u need if u want cos there bringing out a vegetarian only version in a month unless u wanted to wait?

Made my first ever poached egg this morning, undercooked it and all the white was snotty inside. It was disgusting but not bad for a first attempt! Lol

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

Yay Lauren, I'm so happy for you starting the new job! I hope you settle in quickly. :) I have been binging on pizza this last while, I've had about 4 in the last fortnight, it's the main problem! lol. But boy, do they taste goooooood!

Cheers Sherri, I will wait and see what you think of it first & then get the veggie book, I think!

laurenasha said:
HELLO lol!!! Sorry I have been MIA girls!! We were away all day with the family on tuesday and I was working yesterday!!!

So yesterday was my 1st day at the job!! I felt useless to start with, then my confidence grew and I felt better!! Then I felt useless again lol!!! It was a really intense day!! We had our first call at 8amly and we never got home till 11.30pm!!!! And I am working fri,sat, and sunday!! The same hours lol!!! Aw it is going to be mad!!! But it is only for a week or two until they bring in more staff!!!

My scales are looking seriously dodgy after the pizza on tuesday night lol!!! Gonna have to work my butt off to fix them before tuesday!!! NOTE: PIZZA IS THE WORST FOOD TO BINGE ON LOL!!!! Every time I eat it I throw on like 4lb!!!

Sherry and Ruth- I like the sound of matching tattoos!! Its nice without going mad and getting each others names tattooed on lol!!!

Lunchbox diet- I'm not sure about this one!! Yes it probably will work! But I don't think that It would be enough to keep me satisfied as I like my meals!!! I am not a snacker!!!

Bindi- You are doing amazing honey!! Enjoy your weekend away xxxxx

Carly- You will get that 2 stone next week!!

xxxxxxxx

Pizzas awful isn't it? But it's my favourite food ever:(
xxx

well done Lauren I bet working all those hours you will soon have that pizza worked off ..hope your well x

Just thought I'd post a pic of my first lunch box! *Deep breath* Smoked tofu, cherry tomatoes, beets, lettuce, mushrooms, spring onion, brocolli & peppers in fresh ginger and garlic with sunflower, sesame and flax seeds.

Looks yummy girls! I've decided to go to a wi tonight to see where I stand! I know I will not have the 6lb off that I though I had after the pizza and it being an evening lol! But hoping a meeting will get me focused again to start counting points again! Hope I have at least 2lb off so they can officially give me my next shinny seven :)

Oh and I went to the docs today (I have an ear infection) and they finally diagnosed my ibs! So they have now gave me Meds so hopefully I won't have as much problems with my stomach!

Hope everyone is well xxx

good luck for wi tonight Lauren ...and hope the new meds do the trick....someone once told me to buy peppermint oil in capsule form that it was very good for ibs ...have you tried that ?

Good luck with WI! Hope meds help! Job sound brill :) xx

Ha Ha job is very testing at the minute Carly lol

Jem I've heard peppermint is good! I must try it xxx

I kno that feeling! I have had an awful week of feeling like I can't do my job! Just gonna be a long journey till I feel more confident xx

:D x

Erin I've got all the stuff u need written out in an email if u want ill email it to u?

Hope everyone's ok and eating skinny! I just see the most amazing cupcakes ever, made my mouth water - they were dipped in chocolate! :( lol

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

4lb off by ww scales so 3st 9lb off now! Just 5lb to the 4stone! Oh and I also got my over 50lb lost too by ww! I get a certificate next week :) heads back into it properly now!

Well I'm off to bed now. Got a long 3 days infront of me! You may only see glimpses of me till Monday lol! Hope everyone has a great weekend, here's hoping my busy one helps me lose a good few pounds lol xxxx

Lauren that is absolutely amazing! Well done you!

Ruth
X

Back