ProPoints Lotte's Food Diary

lotty_lot

Since I'm new here I thought it might be a good idea to start a food diary. I've already introduced myself in the Introduction Forum, but I will copy/paste the same info here so you'll know something about me.

I'm a 22-year old student from the Netherlands and I found this forum when I was doing research on Weight Watchers. A few days ago I deceided to re-join WW to get my weight back on track. I don't have a huge amount of weight to lose (about 25 pounds). I'm at 149 at this moment and my goal weight is around 125. My main goal is to clean up my eating habits (which have been awful since I started living on my own) and I'm confident that when paired with a healthy amount of exercise I will feel a whole lot better.

Please note that I'm doing the Dutch Weight Watchers Online with the new ProPoints plan. ProPoints have been used in the Netherlands since January of this year, so I don't have any experience with the old plan.

I've noticed that there are some differences between the Dutch PP and PP's from other countries. For instance, we do have half points, so things can be 0,5 points or even 5,5, depending on the product. We don't need to round them up. Another thing I have not come across on this forum (so far) is the use of satisfying portions. We have the opportunity to eat certain filling foods (like tofu, certain meats and pasta) in unlimited amounts until we're full and only count 7 points. Do other WW PP plans have this option as well?

My allowed points are 29 points daily and an extra 35 points to use up during the week (not 49, it's probably different in the Netherlands as well).

Last edited:
Thursday 09-12-10 (Day 4)

Breakfast 6 PP
2 slices of bread (3,5)
20g low fat cheese (1,5)
1 tbsp ketchup (0)
1 tsp butter (1)
grapes (0)
satsuma (0)

Lunch 6,5 PP
2 slices of bread (3,5)
1 egg (2)
butter (1)
mushrooms (0)

Dinner 9,5 PP
65 grams whole wheat pasta (6)
1 tsp pesto (1)
2 tsp Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese (1)
1 tsp olive oil (1)
mushrooms (0)
courgette (0)
5 grams Parmezan Cheese (0,5)

Snacks 4,5 PP
200g fat free yogurt (1,5)
raspberries/blackberries (0)
2 tsp sugar (1)
3 biscuits (2)

Total: 26,5 PP
2,5 PP below goal

I find it so hard to use up all my PP's! All day I felt very satisfied and I even forgot that it was lunchtime, so I ate my lunch at 15.30 this afternoon. I added the sugar to the yogurt to make it taste better and to use up some extra points. I sil had 2,5 PP left, but I didn't want to eat them just because I have to use up my points, even though I'm not hungry.

Last edited:
Wow, it has been a busy couple of days! I did track my food in my online WW tracker, but it's a bit of a hassle to translate everything and copy it here. In short: I had a nice weekend, but I've also ate a bit more than I wanted to. My boyfriend came by and I also spent some time with family, so quite some food was consumed. I ate all of my weekly points and I also used 0,5 of my Activity Points, but that was it, so I'm fairly pleased. I'll continue tracking here tomorrow!

Hi,

Just dropping in to say hi!! Seems your plan is quite different from outs, not sure I could get my head round the 'satisfying portions' bit, but I like the idea of unlimited meat...course I do, I'm fat!! Duh!!

Good luck Hun!

:eek:)

Thanks! I actually rarely use the satisfying portions, it's just too much! I think the idea behind it is that it keeps you in check with how hungry you actually are. Once you are full you are supposed to stop. It's pretty hard though! I just stick to measured portions, it works a lot better for me :)

Okay, so I weighed in this morning and I lost 0,5 pounds. It's not much, but it's a loss... I actually expected a bigger loss this week, especially because it is my first week on WW, but I think that the food I had last weekend had something to do with the small loss. I'm going to make Tuesday or Wednesday my new weigh-in day, so my body has some time to sort of recover from the weekend.

Today I had a good day and I ate well, so I'm pretty happy about that!

Breakfast 6 PP
Low fat grilled cheese sandwich (6)
grapes (0)

Lunch 8 PP
2 slices of bread (3,5)
1 boiled egg (2)
1 tbsp low sugar jam (0,5)
Cup-a-Soup (2)
apple (0)

Dinner
9 PP
50g whole wheat spaghetti (4,5)
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce (2)
1 tsp stir-fry oil (1)
70g canned pinapple (1,5)
mushrooms (0)
taugé (0)
sugar snaps (0)
red pepper (0)

Snacks 2,5 PP
200g fat free yogurt (1,5)
2 tsp sugar (1)
raspberries/blackberries (0)

Total = 25,5 ProPoints
3,5 PP below goal

4 Active Pro Points earned by playing EA Sports Active 2 on the Wii. It was a hard workout!

I still have some points left, but I'm not hungry at all... I know I should probably eat them, but I don't really feel the need to.

Last edited:
Thanks, Loopeylou!

This morning I weighed myself again (since Tuesday is my new weigh-in day), and I lost another 0,5 lbs, which makes my total for this week -1 pound! That's actually pretty good :)

Today I went out with my mom and sister for lunch, but I stayed well within my range:

Tuesday 14/12/2010
Breakfast 6 PP
Low-fat grilled cheese sandwich (6)
grapes (0)

Lunch 11,5 PP
3 small cheese croquets (7)
3 small pieces of bread (3,5)
mustard sauce (1)

Dinner 11,5 PP
50g brown rice (4,5)
250g pre-cut nasi vegetables (0)
1 tbsp stir-fry oil (1)
1/2 packet nasi goreng spice mix (0,5)
1/2 packet Quorn pieces (2)
3 tbsp satay sauce (3,5)

29/29 PP

Activity points earned today: 5

Well done you, at half a pound a day you'll be at target in no time!! Hehe!!

Also well done for eating out and staying within points, something I have yet to master ("just a little pudding won't harm..."!)

:)

Thanks for all the support! I really appreciate it :)

Yesterday I completely messed up. I'm an emotional eater and yesterday was a very stressful day (midterm, presentation etc.), and I ate almost everything in sight. I knew the points were going to be outrageous... At first I just wanted to pretend that I didn't eat all that food and start tracking again from totday on, but then I realized that I just need to be honest with myself. Today I calculated the PP-value of everything that I ate and the total was 46 (I have a daily allowance of 29 and 35 weekly PP). I just entered everything in my online diary and I'm actually pretty proud of myself for not looking the other way.

Tonight I have a christmas dinner with people from work and we're eating Italian. Fortunately I've been to that restaurant before, so I know what I can expect. I've already planned out my food for today, so I'm not expecting any problems :)

Thanks Loopeylou!

The past few days have been very difficult as well. I ate out thursday evening and I must have eaten something that my stomach couldn't handle, because I got really sick. I started throwing up around midnight and I couldn't keep anything down on friday. I've been feeling a lot better today and I started eating again this morning. The food choices I made were not nescessarily the best, but at least I managed to get some food in. It seems like my stomach has calmed down now, so I will be back on track tomorrow!

Wohooh! I just weighed and I lost a little over one pound (0,6kg). I'm happy, especially after a week like this. I'm going to try to stick to the plan as much as I can for the next few days, so I'll be able to enjoy Christmast without doing too much harm.

Back