lou-lou's CD Journey - Day 2!

lou-lou

Day -1

Well here we are, Wednesday at last. I have been counting down to my first CD appointment since Saturday. I am so excited. I am seeing my CDC tomorrow and i'm feeling slightly nervous, butterflies in my tummy, but very happy that I am finally doing something about my ever increasing weight problem.

I have tried so many diets in the past, very few have actually worked for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure every diet works, it's just me sticking to them that doesn't work. I managed to lose a stone with weight watchers several years ago. I lost just under 3 stone on the unit diet last year, and lost 2 stone on south beach diet before my wedding. My problem is heading back to Dominos Pizza, Chinese Takeaways and Chips and undoing all of my hard work.

I found this forum after starting my new job. I took over from a woman and got given her desk and pc. During my lunch break I went on the internet to book a holiday, starting typing in www.m for mytravel and up popped a prompt for minimins. It grabbed my attention so I decided to have a look, and haven't looked back since :D

So, after persuing the before and after pictures I have decided to try CD. I haven't looked at all the before and after pictures as I want to save some for when the going gets tough! as I will need motivation then. I feel happy to have found this forum, everyone seems so nice and supportive. I really feel like i'm going to succeed following this diet.

I am going to keep a twice daily diary, once during the day and again of an evening. Well, back to work, lunchtime is officially over...well just enough time to pop to the loo!

Love Lou xxx

Hi Lou

Good luck with your weightloss journey. CD is the hardest and the easiest diet. As long as you stick to it 100% you will see the pounds melting away.

Keeping a diet diary is a fantastic way to write down your thoughts and keep yourself on track.

Good luck for your meeting with your CDC tonight. Hope you get a good one.

Sam

Hi Lou..welldone on choosing cd, it's the fastest way to lose the weight. Good luck.

Linda.

Hi Lou,

Best of luck starting your CD jouney!

I love your story of how you came across MiniMins!

I found this forum after starting my new job. I took over from a woman and got given her desk and pc. During my lunch break I went on the internet to book a holiday, starting typing in www.m for mytravel and up popped a prompt for minimins. It grabbed my attention so I decided to have a look, and haven't looked back since :D

Thanks for sharing it:)

Love Mini xxx

Saturday 21st July

8 weeks and 5 days until holiday

I am now starting 790 tomorrow. I was due to start yesterday so I took the day off work to ease myself into the cd way of dieting. Heard that there will be hunger, headaches, lethargy, etc so thought that i'd give myself Fri, Sat, Sun to get used to it all before going back to work on Mon. But my husband took yesterday and today off work so we could be together. Sweet......yes. Sabotage......definitely :D

Don't get me wrong, I could have started yesterday or today with him here, but my will power is rubbish and I want to get through the first few days with as little temptation as possible. I joined ww a few years back and as soon as I officially started the diet he wanted Pizza for tea. He never wants Pizza for tea.....until I am dieting!

This is where I am confused. I know he prefers me how I used to be, size 12/14 curvy and confident. So I don't understand why he tries to tempt me away from diets when i'm not myself as a size 24. I have no confidence and hate going out.

Anyway!

I've got tomorrow planned....

10am - Vanilla Muffin

1pm - Banana Shake

4pm - Hot Chocolate Shake

7pm - Cottage Cheese with Black Pepper, Salad and fresh coriander leaves.

Plus a few milky cuppas (using my ½ pint skimmed milk :D)

Wish me luck. Lou xxx

Hi lou-lou,

Your menu is well planned and looks yummie!

This is where I am confused. I know he prefers me how I used to be, size 12/14 curvy and confident. So I don't understand why he tries to tempt me away from diets when i'm not myself as a size 24. I have no confidence and hate going out.

I find this one very hard myself as my husband would arrive in with a bar of chocolate the day after I had started a diet...never before:(

Think perhaps at the back of their minds men think if we lose weight we may not find them as attractive and that perhaps we might be confident enough to find a replacement...so I do think they do it out of fear.

Half the time I don't think they are aware they are doing anything to sabotage the diet, but I know my husband at times has been instrumental in sabotaging my diet, for he know what buttons to press. He denies it of course...

Love Mini xxx

dt2525252Dpurplebugchallenge2525252.gif

hi loulou
big welcome
you`ll find much support on here
good luck with the 790 plan
kaz :D

Thank you for your lovely welcomes :)

I am pleased to announce that I finally shifted my bum and started 790 this morning :clap: it's taken me long enough to get started. I have my first weigh in on Thursday so don't think there's going to be a great loss in 2 days :eek:

Anyway, I got up with ds this morning and ressted the weetabix as I made his breakfast. I made myself a big mug of tea with Skimmed Milk. Took him to my mums and headed into work. Made it to lunchtime with no food :D

Just had my first pack.....Vanilla made into a muffin. We have a microwave here so found it easier than trying to blend anything. CDC recommended some tetras so I have those for week the rest of the week. Muffin was really nice i'm hooked. Going to have a Mint Chocolate pack hot this afternoon. Cottage cheese & salad for tea followed by a fruits of the forest 'angel delight' (using mix-a-mousse)

Look magazine is out today so i'm going to buy that on the way home later. Then I can sit this evening and daydream about all the lovely clothes i'm going to buy/fit into!!! Only had 1ltr water so far today, i'm aiming to get through 4ltrs today.

I'll probably be back on later. I feel so positive and happy for finally taking the plunge to start today....YAY!

Lou xxx

Wow, i'm in shock. I'm still on track and it's nearly 4pm on Day 1. :p

I've got a funny head, kind of blurry if that makes sense! Just had pack number 2. I had another Vanilla muffin. cdc said not to 'cook' more than 1 pack a day, but as I didn't bring a tetra today I found it easier to make a muffin than try blending a drink without a blender!

Only 1 more than hour then hometime :D Just counting down to bed time really, i'm not tired I just want to be able to say that I have completed day 1 without any problems.

End of day reports to type up now, faxes, emails to sort, collect up post and off to the post office I go, then hometime! The last hour always goes fast here, thankfully.

Here's to a 100% successful day 1 followed by many more successful days!

Love Lou xxx

Hiya LouLou! i couldnt resist popping in to see how the first day is going. First off, welcome to CD!

I'm working on week number 6 and have lost just about 2 stone. ((1st stone in week 1 of SS)) You seem to have a great game plan and menu set out. yum! i have yet to try the muffin recipe...i think i will try it today!

something to look forward to for dinner! ((did you follow the method in the recipe thread? any changes i should make?

Glad to hear you're doing a great first day!

gmgifsmiler1112-1.gif

hi lou
well done getting through your 1st day
your doing great
keep up the good work
kaz :D

Wednesday 25th July

8 weeks and 1 day until holiday

Day 2 CD790

Good afternoon, well here we are day 2.

I can't believe I made it through day 1. I absolutley loved it though :) I had:

Vanilla Muffin at 12pm
Vanilla Muffin at 3pm
Cottage Cheese, Lambs Lettuce, Fresh Coriander at 7pm
Choc Mint 'angel delight'

Managed 4.5 ltrs water.

Went to bed with a slight headache but a sense of acheivement for making it through day 1.

Woke up this morning feeling tired, but good. I hopped on the scales and have lost 1.75lb since yesterday :eek: I know it's silly weighing in so early, but I couldn't resist!

It's perked me up, when I started last Thursday I was 16.2 on my scales (16.5 on cdc's). Yesterday I was 16.1 on my scales. This morning I was 15.13(.25) so I am in the 15's :party0011: I would love to get down to in the 13's in time for my hols...fingers crossed.

I've not had anything so far today other than 2 cups of tea and 1ltr water, must get gulping the water down.

Here's to day 2 being as good as day 1.

Love Lou xxx

Hiya LouLou! i couldnt resist popping in to see how the first day is going. First off, welcome to CD!

I'm working on week number 6 and have lost just about 2 stone. ((1st stone in week 1 of SS)) You seem to have a great game plan and menu set out. yum! i have yet to try the muffin recipe...i think i will try it today!

something to look forward to for dinner! ((did you follow the method in the recipe thread? any changes i should make?

Glad to hear you're doing a great first day!

Hi Dis,

Sorry for not replying sooner. I actually replied last night, but it's vanished???

The muffin recipe is from this site. I crushed 2 sweeteners in a plastic bowl (small bowl) then added a vanilla pack and mixed together. I made a small well in the centre and added a little cold water. I mixed it thoroughly until a smooth mix was formed (needed about 4-5 tbsp water) then microwaved it for 30 seconds. I tried 60 secs but it burnt, so keep watching it.

I did another this morning for just 20 secs and made it up a bit more watery and it was lovely just like cake mix!!!

You are doing so well on ss, well done. I have my first weigh in tomorrow but as i've only been following 790 for a couple of days i'm not expecting miracles :D

Let me know how the muffin goes!

Love Lou xxx

Reactions: Dis
Hi Lou you are doing really well on your plan. I think its really good that you have planned your meals it gives you something to focus on. Keep going like this and you will be fine.:)

Thanks Toothfairy :)

It's now 4.30pm and I am astounded I've nearly conquered Day 2...only 57 days to go.

My plan was to do cd790 until my hols, then calorie count afterwards to get the rest of the weight off. However, as i'm getting used to it i'm wondering whether to return to 790 after my holiday. I've also been watching Midnight Sparkles diary with interest and wonder whether to do 790 until my holiday then the jigsaw diet afterwards.

Anyway, I suppose I just need to focus on the present time for now :) Had another Vanilla Mess (my term for my warm cake mix mess!!!!) at 4pm. Going to have a tin of tuna for tea with some dry fried mushrooms and black pepper. Mmmmm:p

Roll on bed time.

Love Lou xxx

Back