Louby's CD Wedding Diary!

louby

So here's my 1st diary entry! Loved reading other people's so here goes mine!

I started on the CD yesterday. I went to see my CDC Monday evening and she was so lovely, I felt totally at ease with her and I was honest right from the word go. I'm a size 18-20 and my BMI is 39.5, so i'm on the SS program. I'm hoping to get down to a size 14 in time for my wedding in June. My CDC said this is totally possible, as herself dropped 3 dress sizes in 2 months on this diet! What an inspiration for a start!

I chose a variety of shakes and soups to get a taste for them all, then at least when I go back on Monday I'll know what I like :)

So my 1st day on SS was ok. Started with the apple and cinnamon porridge, it smelt sooooo cinnamony which put me off a tad first thing in the morning, but when i mixed it up it was much nicer. I ended up with a few lumps, but not loads, just a case of practising making them i suppose. For lunch was a chocolate mint shake. Yeuch! My CDC said to me I could make it into a hot chocolate drink, so thats what I did, except, it hadn't mixed together, and it was so lumpy I boked it down. Shame because it was actually quite a nice flavour. Never mind, I must invest in a hand blender! For my tea I had the broccoli and cheese soup, which was delish! Managed to gulp down approx 4 pints of water during the day, so good start! However, I was really tired and had a headache at the end of the day, so it was advised I drink more water.
Only had one wobbly moment when I was cooking tea for h2b, I pulled the tray of oven chips out, and went to grab one, managed to stop myself, but it does go to show that eating is more of a habit than a necessity for me!

On day 2 at the moment, and i've been to the loo 4 times already! This water is just going in one end and out the other! x

I keep telling myself, only 20 weeks till my wedding day, and I haven't even got my dress yet! Hoping to get to a size 16 before I go looking again, so this is totally keeping me on the right track! :)

Anyways, back to work for now, looking forward to updating soon x x

So day 2 ended ok, bit of a headache again, but i had a lovely relaxing bath with our whirlpool turned on, and had an early night - just to get away from the yummy stirfry which was being cooked right in front of me.

Day 3 started with us being up late, so had to make my porridge in a disposable plastic cup which were left over from our bbq's last summer. How i'm managing to drink so much water is beyond me! Must have had at least 12 glasses today!! Had the Chicken & mushroom soup for lunch, which wasn't so nice, I find the soups quite grainy and funny tasting, might leave them off my next order!! I had a cracking headache when I got in, really not sure what to do about them. I might leave it 'til Monday when I got see my CDC again, and ask her. It might just be because i'm in the first couple of days. Went straight home from work and curled up in bed in a dark room, next time I looked at the clock it was 7.15pm! Eeek! Had a warm toffee and walnut drink which was yummy, cuddled up in bed again and went back to sleep!

Day 4 - This has been the hardest day so far. I did my Ketosis test this morning, and it's a dark pink colour, according to the bottle, that means i'm in ketosis right? So why has it been so hard? Started off fine, had my porridge, 2 pints of water and went out shopping with my mum. We only popped to Asda quickly, and on the way home we passed the florist that we'd booked originally the do the flowers for the wedding. I decided to pop in quickly to change the date, and the shop next door had been turned into a bridal shop! My mum suggested going in, and I had my second experience of trying dresses on - i wanted to wait a bit, lose a bit more weight then go and try more on, but i'm glad I did go in, looking at myself in a mirror with these beautiful dresses on made me even more determined to lose these bingo wings!!

However, I got in and had my shake, then about 3 hours later, i had my soup - spicy tomato. I just can't get rid of the grainy texture in my mouth after a soup, its horrible, and it makes me want to eat something to take it away. I downed about 4 pints of water and still nothing. I went and laid in bed, trying to concentrate on the soaps, but all i could see was people eating! And I started craving toast! It actually got so bad, that i made my way to the kitchen to make some. I managed to force myself to lock myself in the bathroom and had a good cry. I feel so stupid for admitting that, but if i hadn't i'd've had that slice of toast and ruined everything. Instead I had 2 glasses of water :)

I seriously hope it's working, because i'll be so annoyed if i dont lose any weight on Monday! x

Now i'm on day 5...Day 5!! I can't believe it! I've never ever stuck to anything so religiously. Had my porridge for breakfast along with 3 pints of water, and now i'm sat here looking through wedding dresses online. Will update more tonight or tomorrow x

I can do this, I will do this!!! But I may have to get some water flavouring from my CDC because i'm getting bored of water! x

Thanks Stacey! Have been so busy, i've not updated since Saturday! x

Day 5 finished so badly. I usually go to the pub on a Saturday night with my hubby to be and some friends, but I thought it'd be best to stay at home where I couldn't be tempted with the yummy bowls of chips they hand out at the end of the quiz. Wrong! I cracked, and had a slice of brown toast and some spaghetti hoops. Bad bad girl!!

Day 6, Sunday I woke up feeling less groggy than i've felt since I started this diet. And I didn't have a headache either! Result! Still felt really let down with myself though, so did 45 mins on the Wii Fit, and went for a long walk to try and burn off those extra calories. I've decided I hate the soups! So went without a soup and had half a breast of chicken and some lettuce with a cherry tomato. I thought i'd ruined it anyway so I may as well start proper again on Monday! Lasted the whole day with no headaches. Also, I got a bottle of water with a sippy lid on it, and it seems to be going down much easier than before! Managed 3 litres today!

Monday, Day 7, Weigh in day...eeeeeek!!! Spent the day out, keeping my mind off the weigh in, I was sooo nervous that I wouldn't have lost anything and my CDC would tell me off. However, she was so understanding. I told her about my headaches and she said she might have to put me upto 810 because its a sign my body can't cope with so few calories. I do have an active job, so maybe its for the best. For the time being, i've got to try SS again. If I need to she said I can have some chicken and salad. I decided against getting the water flavourings because I'm not too bad with having the water now i have my bottle!

Oh, and...I LOST 8LBS!!!

Soooo pleased, might have been more cos i was desperate for a wee, but was in a rush to get weighed! Never mind! :)

Tuesday, day 8 (day 8! Already!!) was a normal one, porridge, shake and some chicken, headache was immense. Went to bed at 9 because I couldn't take it anymore.

So, here I am, day 9. Sat in the office, and there's a burst water pipe down the road, so i'm without any water. Just about managed to squeeze enough water out of the kettle to make my chocolate shake (sooo yummy, just like options hot chocolate!) but i'm so thirsty! Hopefully it should be back on soon, don't feel strange or dizzy yet, but once I do, i'll have to have a gulp of milk. Went on the Wii Fit again last night, it says i've lost 2lbs since Sunday! Hope so! :) x

Hi Louby!!! I am in a very similar position! Getting married on 26 June and also on sole source CD! Well done to you for losing 8 pounds thats amazing. I have lost 8 pounds as well and I am very excited. It's soo hard with the whole dress buying thing isnt it. Because I wanna make sure I have a lovely one but dont want to buy it yet because otherwise it will be too big. Have actually made the mistake already :-( got an amazing Benjamin Roberts dress size 16 and now its too big! What a waste of money. So now I am completly blanking all the dresses and concentrating on my weight loss :) Let me know how you are doing! I just need to keep gng because if there is one day in my life I wanna look thin its my wedding day! SO good luck and keep gng!

Love Katie

BTW also completely understand how hard it is to cook for H2B!!! When you cant even taste the food so I am always like come here and try this lol! Its hard but worth it! Think about the amazing pictures ;-) good luck again :)

Just wanted to say goodluck, I am getting married in 13 weeks and started cd today xx

Gosh, another week's gone by! Really should update this on a regular basis!!

Katie! Congrats hun! Nice to find another June bird on here in the same position! Got everything planned? Only 18 weeks on Sat for me! Totally know what you mean about the dress, could you not have the BA dress taken in? The styles are just gorgeous! I've had to order mine in a size 14 (i'm a size 18-20, but my CDC thinks i'll get into a size 14, and the girls in the shop do too.) mine's a Stevies, totally what I was looking for! So excited for it to come :D Look forward to catchin up with your plans! x

Lelly, Wow! Just 13 weeks! Bet you're so excited! How much weight do you have to lose? Good luck on the CD! x x

Last edited:
Bit disappointed this week, only lost 3lbs, but I did go off the wagon on Friday. Felt really down because one of my so called friends and bridesmaid had let me down really badly, so I went out to the pub and had a whole pizza to myself on the way home. *slap wrists*

I didn't lie to my CDC though, she gave me a pretend smack and laughed then said she want's me to try extra hard this week! So far so good, i'm on SS+ and i'm doing ok! Still get the odd headache, but it's not half as bad as before. She said it's because I used to have a high carb diet, my body can't cope with the lack of carbs now! She gave me bars this week though! Had the cranberry one which was lush, and the peanut one which wasn't so nice. have lost a couple of inches though! 2 round my waist, 2.5 round my hips 1.5 round my bust and 0.5 round my arms! Less weight but loads of inches! :)

Feeling really good about myself too. Only been 2 weeks, but i feel fitter, healthier, my TOTM doesn't make me want to curl up and die, i've got less spots, my skin is smooth and soft, and my confidence is growing! I even wore a skirt to work today!! Lol

x x

Hi Louby,

Just wanted to say I've loved reading through your diary today - you are doing so well! Keep up the good work, it will be worth it on your wedding day!

I'm getting married in Vegas in 12 weeks - not too much to lose but won't be fitting into my already ordered dress unless I lose two inches from my waist and bum :( It comes next month. What is CDC, can anybody do it, do you have to see a doctor? x

I'm currently calorie counting 1000 a day but as soon as I hear that my dress has arrived I need to do something which will have a lot more impact: I'm planning on making an appointment at the dress shop for one month after it arrives so I can sort of express diet for a month before I go to try it on.

I really enjoyed reading through your weightloss diary! Made me smile and i can completely emphasize with you. I have done CD in the past but to be honest, i didnt have enough dedication. Ive lost 4st on WW in the past year and its still coming off. Still got about another 5st to go! Oh well!

I think you really are doing marvellous!
P.s is the spicy tomato not the most vile soup in the world?

Jemma
xx

Hi Leannioso! Wow Vegas!! I went last January and had the most fantastic time! Which hotel are you staying in? Tell me everything, I love Vegas!

CD is the Cambridge Diet, a CDC is the counciller, she (or he) sees you every week and measures and weighs you, plus you get your food for the week from them. Its totally fabulous, i'm about to update my diary for the week, but i've done sooo well and i'm only just going into week 4! It's a very low cal diet, and you have to really want to do it, i've had 2 friends start it as they were so impressed with my weight loss, then gave it up after day 3 x x

Jemma - Thanks for the lovely comments huni! 5 stone is amazing! Congratulations!! Hope I do that well! Know what you mean about the dedication, it is very very hard, but I have a goal, and everytime I take a look at a pizza or a Maccy D's and drool, i remember why i'm doing it, and it keeps me on track!

Do you find that once you have lost that amount of weight it spurs you on to lose more? I found a gorgeous pair of jeans in River Island on Saturday, and it made me want to lose more, so rather than getting a 16, i bought them in a size 14! Something else to spur me on! x

PS. Yes, all the soups were vile, especially the spicy tomato! x x

Soooooooo week 3! I did extremely well, with my porridge and shakes and small meal in the evenings, I didn't cheat once! Can't quite believe that i've stuck it out for so long! And food doesn't bother me that much anymore either, so it's becoming much easier. I'm so glad I stuck it out and didn't give in, because yesterday I'd lost 5lbs! I'm at 1 stone 2lbs lost in just 3 weeks! I'm amazed, and i'd definatley recommend this to anyone. I can already see a difference in the person I am. My face is so much more defined, and I love the comments from people! My favourite this week was from my future mother in law who said "Wow! You look AMAZING! Your face is so slim, you have a gorgeous waist taking shape too, keep going girl" bless her! (she's a mini size 6-8).

Not really much else happened this week, except my photographer let me down which has annoyed me, because I had such a good deal! Never mind! x x

Hi girls, I finished making my wedding invites last night, I find it's easier to keep myself busy in the evenings which is when I would usually pick. I start each morning with a bowl of porridge then have a shake for lunch, and tea time usually is a portion of chicken with 2 tbsp of green or white veg, so it does me, but i also have the added option of chewing on a bar now too, which is brilliant. Never hungry anymore, and sometimes I don't even have my bar. Is that bad for me? Should I be having it too?? Or because i'm not hungry do you think I should give up my evening meal and go back to SS? x

Hey Louby, I've been reading through your diary and just want to say well done!! You really are doing well chick! Before you know it those size 14 River Island jeans will be sliding on!

I've just started back and currently looking at my 14's now - i can get them on, just cannot breathe and having a humungous muffin top haha! So I to am hanging my 14 RI's up and looking at them in anticiaption! As well as guest dress (haha not a wedding dress) to wear at the end of May!!

Good Luck girly and keep going, its great to read when people are doing so well.

Nxxx

Hiya hun im doing a restart on CD today day one and going strong. im thinking if ure not having ure meal or bar then SSthen while u have ure 3 packs a day and loads of water.!!

how many has ure CDC said u should have a day?? xx

Hiya you are doing really well. I am ssing at the moment started on 8th Jan for my wedding on 12th June. It looks like we lost the exact same amount of weight each week, I weighed about 5lbs heavier than you to start with though.
I am just really worried about the dress, I have chose it and put a deposit down but have to lose about 5 inches to fit in it. It is a size 14, I'm feeling stressed but trying to stay positive and tell myself I will do it.
What is the date of your wedding?

Wendie xx

Thanks for all your lovely messages girls! It really helps me knowing that other people are going through this too! :)

Shanny24, why are you on CD? You look fabulous in your pic!! lol! I spoke to my CDC and she said i'm still losing a bit on SS+ and it's only an extra 150 cals, so she said not to worry about going back to SS, unless I really felt like I wanted to x x

Wendie, congrats on your wedding! I'm a 5th June bride! Not long now is it? So exciting! My dress arrived on Monday morning, and i'd ordered it in a size 14. I managed to get it on, and the zip done up, but I still have about 2 inches to lose from my bust so the back laces up properly, i'm still really pleased though! :) According to their measurements, I needed a size 20 dress so you can imagine my face when my mum said thats all I needed to lose!!

I've managed to drop an amazing 81cm from all over my body since December 19th!! I started on CD January 11th, so it is possible! If I carry on losing so much, I'll have to have the dress taken in! That would be brilliant!! I wouldn't stress about it hun, just keep working towards being a size 14, and when your dress gets in, find out how much you need to drop, and you can work on those body parts x x

Week 4! Wow! Can't believe i'm on week 4! It's zoomed by! I remember sitting here writing about my cheat in the first week, and imagined i'd have given it all up by now, but no chance! I'm so impressed with myself, i've decided to give myself a treat by having my hair done at the weekend :)

Not so good this week at the weight loss, just 1lb, but it is TOTM, and I lost a good 8 inches from my body, so still pleased!

My dress came already, picked it up on Monday, and it is beautiful! Can't wait to wear it! x x

Back