louises diet, please support me!!

mcrobie73

hi there

i posted in newbies but nobody responded so im trying my luck here!
i started my diet last week and had my first weigh in today. id only lost 1.6lb so im gutted, things like that make me want to give up!:cry::cry:
my starting weight was 176lb and im aiming for 140lb.
ive looked through the forums and theres so many diet plans, im not sure what works best. i know i couldnt stick to the vlc ones. any advice and support greatly recieved!!;)

hey, you shouldn't be disappointed with a 1.6lb loss - a loss is a loss at the end of the day!

i'm of the opinion that a slow loss is best for the most part - you're more likely to keep it off long term if you do that - i've been consistently losing 1-2lb a week and it's my 12th or so weigh day today. i haven't thus far encountered a plateau.

maybe set yourself small targets? take it half a stone at a time, and when you reach your mini-goal then you'll have something to celebrate. i think that's how a lot of people on here do it and it keeps the motivation up, rather than thinking of it as one long hard slog to the finish line.

don't feel demoralised - if you keep it up, then in 6 weeks you will have lost 10lb!! a third of the way there.

good luck, and keep it up hun x

Hi .... awww Im sorry noone replied to you as usually I have found it so supportive :)

I am on my 3rd day of Cambridge Diet, no food basically. Shakes, Soups, Bars etc and lots of water. Its hard but gotta do it this time and coming on here is motivating me more and more.

You need to decide what you know is best for you and then just go for it hun. Good luck x

Any loss is a loss i think your doing great :) x just remind yourself how you would feel if you had gained that 1.6lb :eek:..

Well done on your 1.6lb loss. There was a thread the other day which had a picture of a 1lb lump of fat and its actually quite big! Good luck with your weightloss x

Back