Loulabella's JUDDD Journey!

*Loulabelle*

So i've decided! After losing 6 stone on the Cambridge Weight Plan, and having regained 3 of those stones! (through reasons out of my control!) i've decided JUDDD will be my next step.

I've heard about JUDDD in a few places and it's caught my interest. It sounds perfect for me, i always am good at a diet one day and then fail the net, so what's more perfect than this!

So a little background. I started the cambridge weight plan in January 2011. Within 6 months i lost 6 stone. And life was perfect! Then in July i had an accident where i broke my left leg (both bones) and my right collarbone. So in terms of the diet and exercise, that went downhill. Had to stop the diet and obviously couldn't go to the gym. I had to have an operation to put an Intramedullar Nail in my Tibia (metal rod inside the centre of the bone and pins to stabilise it) and a plate put on my collarbone.

I was hoping that i'd be healed by now, but the healing was slow and i've had numerous operations on both leg and collarbone (plates came lose and leg failed to heal) and it's been a year and a half and i'm sat here with a cast on my leg because i'm 2 weeks post-op after having to have a plate and bone graft put on my fibula bone because that's not healed either!

BUT! This is the last bone that needs to heal, so i'm hoping to get back to normal life! and normal weight!

So in the year and 6 months i've gained 3 stone which isn't bad since i cant exercise or diet due to healing, vitamins, minerals blah blah lol. But i'm now allowed to finally sort my weight out!

I'm so excited to start JUDDD, and can't wait to get to know all you lovely people out there!

I'm starting at 15st12lbs, and am starting tomorrow!
Here's to a healthy future!:D

Hello and welcome!
sounds like you've had a horrible 18 months, after doing so well to lose all that weight. Well done for getting back on course now you are able to, I'm sure judd will work wonders for you!

Hi,
How awful. I know how painful that kind of injury can be, my mother had to have her smashed leg pinned and she was in a lot of pain most days. It also took a long time to heal and your injuries are worse by the sound of it. At least your healing is almost done.
BUT! This is the last bone that needs to heal, so i'm hoping to get back to normal life! and normal weight!
Yay! Go You!:party0011:

I'm so excited to start JUDDD, and can't wait to get to know all you lovely people out there!

I'm starting at 15st12lbs, and am starting tomorrow!
Here's to a healthy future!:D

There is nothing quite like JUDDD! I started at the same weight as you and I'm currently around 14st 5. I've had a few blips along the way but JUDDD is very forgiving. You'll love it I'm sure :)

awww thanks guys! You are lovely :) It has been a hard slog, but my OH was injured along with me so luckily i've had that support throughout my recovery, i'm very lucky. Oooooh I'm so excited! Already by this time on other diets, i would have failed already, i looooove breakfast, which is quite a good thing actually! you know, breakfast is the most important meal and all that! It's quite late in the morning but haven't eaten anything yet, partially because i want to save my calories and partially because i'm on crutches so am waiting for my OH to come home so he can make and carry my breakfast for me :p

On the upside, i'm not feeling very much pain this morning! which is always a good sign! Roll on Wednesday so i can get these staples out! and get my walking boot :) which i need to wear for 4 weeks. Hopefully dragging that around and using crutches for this long will give me a bit of exercise i need! I have big arms so this is perfect for getting rid of these bingo wings!

I know that from the hospital i gained water weight from my operation which is always a *****. So i think that's going down a bit now, i feel much healthier and a little lighter, but i'm not going to weigh until my cast comes off... i also think that's giving me some of my weight!

Anyway, i will write back later when i have some food to log and more happens in the day than me waking at 11am :p hope everyone had a good up day, or down day, wherever you are! x

yesterday went really well! drank so much water and had a yummy tuna salad and a few snack a jacks... was hard not to pick up the phone and order a takeaway though! But i got through it :)

tuna - 110Kcal
salad - 30kcal
snack a jacks - 160kcal
Slice of granary bread - 100kcal
= 400kcal
I had a doctors appointment today just for general check up etc and had my weight taken, so i was forced to weigh myself and i'm already 1.75lbs down! I won't be weighing anymore until next sunday, but i cant exactly decline the doctor to get my weight taken!

Today's going to be another down day, i'm so so so busy today and will barely get time to eat anyway (damn university deadlines!) so am soooo looking forward to my up day tomorrow! Even though that's another busy day so eating will be a challenge.

I think this plan works well for when i have busy days because the days when i'm most likely to be busy i can work around for the diet. Perfect!

So, today so far....

cornflakes 30g - 117kcal
fat free skimmed milk - 50kcal
8 smarties (very random :p) - 45kcal
= 212kcal so far! Not sure what else to have today really... may snack on a couple of eggs later :) get my protein up and all that!

8 smarties? 8 smarties!:8855:
Sorry just found that funny, on a DD too, I doubt I could stop at 8 LOL

HAHA I know Kittywhite! It was bloody haard trust me! lol but a portion of 16 (portion of sweets just doesn't make sense anyway!) is 89 calories... so i can have yummy sweets but healthy.... ish haha XD

Today, i really think may be a bit of a down day in the terms that i'm very busy again today! and i won't get home from uni until about 11pm so i can't stuff 2000kcal down me in an hour... or can i? :p but i'm trying to be sensible. I'm just going to have to find time to eat! Busy days should be a diet by itself!
So i've bulked up already with double a portion of cornflakes and skimmed milk (about 360kcal). Still keeping healthy on the up days, i figure this plan's up days will allow me to try loooooads of healthy food and get set for the future of healthy eating after JUDDD.... if there is an after JUDDD it's such a good plan i may stick to it for life!

I'll TRY and update more later if i get a chance! Happy JUDDD days to you all! :)

Think I should warn you if you dont eat enough on your UD's your weight loss could stall. This diet works best with good Ups against good DD's. In fact people get bigger losses when they eat all their Up cals. You could drink some cals, like regular coke instead of diet or whatever takes your fancy. I know it sounds crazy and not healthy but you do need your cals. Smarties could be your best friend on UD's :D
Good luck with all that busy-ness, take care

Think I should warn you if you dont eat enough on your UD's your weight loss could stall. This diet works best with good Ups against good DD's. In fact people get bigger losses when they eat all their Up cals. You could drink some cals, like regular coke instead of diet or whatever takes your fancy. I know it sounds crazy and not healthy but you do need your cals. Smarties could be your best friend on UD's :D

I agree with this...go too low and your metabolism will not reward you! If you don't have the Juddd book ,it could be worth getting as it explains all the science behind the diet really clearly.
At least you should find the dds really easy....I wish finding time to eat was my problem....I can't ever imagine being too busy to eat!
well done on a really positive start.

I agree with this...go too low and your metabolism will not reward you! If you don't have the Juddd book ,it could be worth getting as it explains all the science behind the diet really clearly.
At least you should find the dds really easy....I wish finding time to eat was my problem....I can't ever imagine being too busy to eat!
well done on a really positive start.

I know i know guys haha :) I am like the Jack of all trades for diets. I know it's crucial to have all calories allocated for each day, i was just worried how i'd fit it in, but luckily, my uni does quite high calorie sandwiches so i had one of those today and when i got home this eve the OH had faggots and full fat mash ready for our dinner (he's Judddering too!) so i think i've had my daily quota of calories now! yum yum :) but i am very much ready for my down day, so bloated it's incredible! not to mention stomach pains from TOTM and my DVT jab! Gaaah no rest for the wicked lol .

Tomorrow is shaping to be a busy day, hospital in the morning, which usually takes about 3 hours from start to finish. Xray, see the surgeon, get cast cut off, get my stitches out, see the consultant, get my air cast fitted, see the consultant, make an appointment for next time! It's non stop, but i won't be thinking about eating tomorrow, i'll be thinking about my leg! i guess it's good to have something to take my mind off food....

I also have to organise all of my jewellery making materials, and being a hoarder, i have LOADS! and then ANOTHER doctors appointment in the evening. Everything seems non stop for me atm!

Hope everyone's journeys are going well! Keep Judddering! :D

Good luck for the doctor appointment() and your DD today! It's good that your OH is in this with you, it must be a great motivation!

Good luck for the doctor appointment() and your DD today! It's good that your OH is in this with you, it must be a great motivation!

Thanks and the docs went really well, although i'm a bit down as since i've gained weight, my BMI is too high for my contraceptive pill. So i've had to change to a 28 day pill which is quite depressing since the reason, my weight gain, was easily avoidable. But we've agreed to meet in 3 months when i've gotten my weight down. So glad my doctor believes that i can do this :)

Haha Chryssa, it would be supportive if he wasn't moaning about wanting food all the time! lol jeez when men are put on diets they just MOOOAN! haha but it kind of is a support because we can eat the same thing when we have meals etc and i'm teaching him all about calorie and nutrition content. Should take a leaf out of my own book and be able to say healthy with my range of foodie knowledge!

Yesterday was supposed to be a down day but turned into an up day because of an unexpected meal with parents. So hard to refuse, so DD today and i've had so far...

1 ice lolly (love them!) - 46kcal
Weight watchers lemon greek yogurt - 52kcal
2 satsumas - 40kcal(ish)

not going to worry too much about getting fruit calories right because it's fruit, quite healthy and it's hard! haha.
I also found a load of cambridge shakes stowed away in my cupboard yesterday so i may supplement a meal today with one to keep my vits and mins up. According to the doc, weight loss is fine with my injury as long as i get some Vitimin D and Minneral supplements to keep bone growth at a steady rate :) so a trip to Boots is needed i think!

Gald your appointments went well, make that trip to boots as soon as possible though!

I try to have as few carbs and sugar as possible on DDs cause they make me hungry :( I stick to veg soup and a light dinner and that is the easiest way for me.

Back