LovelyLauren

Oooo has baby bean been born now Kirsty?

xxx

S/he's nothing if not punctual eh? Hope Lauren and baby are doing well :)

Congratulations! Have found myself checking this thread constantly over past couple of days and hoping all goes well:)) Funny how those we only know virtually can be in our thoughts as we go about our daily lives:)

Hello my lovelies!

Excuse my brief post - just settling in at home..

Alyssia Rosa Nilsson was born quite dramatically at 4.28pm yesterday weighing a perfect 8lbs!

All sorts went wrong but were both wonderful!

Will pit propped message on tomorrow

loads of love from us both for now and massive thankyous to you all

xxxxxx

Hi ladies!

First of all a massive thank you to you all for your suport right through my pregnancy - you have all been a rock in the scairest but most wonderful 9 months of my life!

Me and Alyssia thank you very much for helping me keep a level head and hopefully keep her safe and sound throughout her time in my tummy!

Now for piccies...
1st one is Alyssia minutes after she was born.
2nd couple of hours old.
3rd - first morning wake up cuddles in hospital.
3rd - waking up at home for the first time!

xxxxxx

Attachments

• Brand new lissy.jpg
    Brand new lissy.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Hours old Lissy.jpg
    Hours old Lissy.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 1st morning wake up cuddles with mummy 17 hours old.jpg
    1st morning wake up cuddles with mummy 17 hours old.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 1st morning at home 13.2.2010.jpg
    1st morning at home 13.2.2010.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 41
Now for the story...

Well... I had my fifth sweep on Thursday with the consultant - sorry for TMI but his hands were like shovels no wonder it put me into labour!

Started getting pains around tea time, so jumped on the birthing ball to try and encourage them...

about 11pm started contracting every 5 minutes so tried to get some rest in bed...

Ended up on the birthing ball again as was too uncomfortable, and they progressed until about 2am when i popped round to my midwifes house (2nd mum) and she confirmed i was 3cm and in very early labour...

Went home and tried to rest, doing my hypnobirthing cd etc - pains got bad so got a bath 4 until 6.30am!

everyone got up about half 7 so went downstairs adn decided it was time to go to hospital...

Got to hospital for 8 oclock and met Jan my midwife who checked me over and told me i was 5cm, also told me she had spoken to her boss and i was fine to have my waterbirth (woohoo)!

Jan broke my waters, and turned out there was fresh Meconium - so pool birth out the window and regular monitoring on the baby... she was perfectly fine!

No pain relief at all and left for 3 hours to see what goin on, after 3 hours i was no progressing as i should have been - should have been about 8cm but was only 6 and hit the action line followed by all of a sudden having huge pains in my back.

MW examined me to find baby had flipped over and was OP - hence the pain in my back... with the SPD i was really starting to not cope and hypnobirthing was going out the window - dscussed with Jan as she was worried i would panic etc and she thought it best i have an epidural just so i could relax...

Spent 40 minutes trying to get epidural in after i being put in twice in the wrong place - so much so i screamed at one point as it was to the left of my spine and i was having shooting pains up my spine and down my legs - wonderful!

Eventually they got it in and dosed me up..

Jan had to put monitor on babies head as as soon as the epidural medication went in babies heartbeat dropped right down...

Heartbeat went back up after few minutes just as the epidural stopped working and the pains came back...

the machine wasnt workign so they had to get another pump and top me back up - babies heart beat dropped again and so Jan had head midwife in adn peadiatrician etc...

They were monioring heartbeat as evertime i contracted babies heartbeat was dropped 15 seconds or so after and so causing concern...

after a short while epidural stopped working again - turned out it wasnt the pump it just wasnt working - so turned it off and Jan went to get me some Pethedine to take the edge off...

While she was out the room i felt like iw as going to poop sorry tmi and then got a huge urge to push...

Peter ran out to get Jan who came back to find i was 10cm and babies head was literally cm's away...

as heartbeat still dropping she grabbed the head midwife who came in and they decided i was going to need some help delivering and they were going to get the Ventouse...

I was heartbroken and asked to be able to try to push while they set up - they said this was fine and they would give me a minute or two...

So, Jan became mummy Jan and got me focused - told me she was delivering this baby - not them - and that we were having the natural birth i wanted...

By this time i had no pain relief but was coping as was determined to get my baby out wihout interfearance...

So...

1st contraction - I pushed like my life depended on it, and all the midwives stopped and were shouting "shes moving her - shes doing it"... 3 pushes and contraction over, but Jan could see the head - she was really focused telling me i could get this baby out before they had set up the Ventouse and that i just had to really push...

2ns contraction brought the babies head half way out, when i started panting etc but then her heartbeat dropped again so jan said had to get her out right away had one last chance to push before they were going to have to pull her out...

3rd contraction came and she shot out from half her head being out to all the way!

All in all i was pushing for 6 minutes - and she was out and perfect - peadiatrician took her and examined her becuase of the Mec and low heart beat - she ws absolutely wonderful and wondering what al the fuss was about - not a thing wrong!

I am so so proud of myself as Jan said that she didnt think i would have been able to get her out as can take up to 2 hours to get first baby out - hence her getting Ventouse ready etc...

Over the moon that i could do it myself adn get my princess out into safety...

Sorry for the super long post but it was quite a traumatic day!

Had special obs over night for low blood sugars etc but her readings were all fine and at 12 hours old they left her alone!

My beautiful girl was born at 4.28pm on her due date 11.2.2010 weighing a beautiful 8lbs!

Thankyou for reading!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww Lauren, I'm so so so chuffed for you. Almost cried reading your story! So lovely that you got to have the natural birth without assistance in the end.

Well done chick and she is a little stunner! So gorgeous.

xxxxxxxxxx :D

she is a real stunner honey!! thanks for posting your story. sounds like you went through it but what a mummy you are!!

abz xx

Thanks ladies

just re read my post and realise it sounds really negative...

For those of you still waiting to have your babies -

the first thing I said once lissy was born was - everyone needs to do this at least once on their life...

Although there were ups and downs it ended perfectly and I honestly dot remember the pain...

Even if I could I would still do it 100 times over it wasthat special a day...

Hope I havnt worried anyone... I can't wait to have my next...

xxxxx

Thanks ladies

just re read my post and realise it sounds really negative...

For those of you still waiting to have your babies -

the first thing I said once lissy was born was - everyone needs to do this at least once on their life...

Although there were ups and downs it ended perfectly and I honestly dot remember the pain...

Even if I could I would still do it 100 times over it wasthat special a day...

Hope I havnt worried anyone... I can't wait to have my next...

xxxxx

Back