Lovin' low carbin'

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by carla, 21 November 2009 Social URL.

1. carla

carla Full Member

Hi all,

Well, nearly a week in and I have lost two pounds. This is great - I only want to lose 5 pounds and there is no rush. I am planning on eating this way for a long time yet!

I feel so liberated eating this way and am less obsessed with food than I have been in years. I eat tasty, satisfying meals and don't ever feel deprived. Went out for dinner in the week and didn't give a monkey's that I couldn't have chips. I don't seem to be missing carbs at all. Although I am not measuring my carbs, I know I am roughly in the right area and that is fine. I have also discovered the wonders of Carbquik - made 2g low carb cheese scones today which were yummy. Also have the odd slice of low carb bread. Honestly, with all the low carb products and recipes out there I am only sorry I didn't think of this before!

A very happy bunny! :D
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

You find yourself thinking, why didn't I do this years back?

It's great. Better late than never, eh?
  4. Cherryade

Cherryade Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Atkins / Low Carb
    So glad it suits you, I know its not for everyone but Im like you I LOVE it. Its no struggle at all!

Where do you get your low carb stuff from? I have no idea and Id love a cheese scone :)!!
  5. carla

carla Full Member

Completely agree Girlygirl!

Cherryade, I get the stuff from Atkins Product, bar | Low Carb Megastore, Carbohydrate Diet, shopping, chocolate, diet, food. The bake mix is called carbquik. They also do their own fresh baked bread which is pretty good. (Small slices, but I don't find that a problem now - can fill it up with protein or just have an open sandwich.) I am expecting a big delivery from them next week - will let keep you updated as I try new things!
  6. carla

carla Full Member

Oh my goodness, what happened there???

I don't work for them by the way! :D
  7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Atkins Maintenance
    LOL, it's the site that does that Carla.
  8. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

I use that site too. I found online sources of recipes for fake bake mix - faux atkins bake mix! - basically clone recipes of expensive pre-mixed brands - and the clones work very well.

Likewise low carb bread which I make at home. My fave recipe by far is the one I found on low carb in the uk. I make it regularly and whether you do it by hand or in a bread machine it's great,

A word of caution, however - for people in Induction bread, scones etc are not allowed, not even the low carb versions.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.