Loving the look of the new plan!

Im quite enjoying the new plan (although I havent touched ONE BIT of fruit!), I feel full up, which is a first in a long time. When I updated my tracker on the website yesterday (which was still on Discover at the time), my 30 propoints equated to 18 normal points. So, it will be like being on a permanent Kickstart i suppose?

On the other hand, joined hubby up for the free 2 week online trial this morning just so i could work out how many propoints he needs, hes on 37, started to input everything he had eaten so far when he came home at lunchtime, then added a jacket potato (which has gone up from 3pts to approx 8!) as part of his dinner, this only left him with 7pp for the rest of the day... He wasnt happy at all, even after i explained he could take points from his weekly allowance. He has decided he prefers the old system as he can eat ww desserts til they come out of his ears, basically! But as he is always overeating his points anyway, i dont think the old plan suits him either....we shall see if i can convert him to propoints soon.......

I really like the look of the new points and am excited for the new start. I really need to get back on the diet train and hope this is the kick up the butt i really need.

Check that potato on the website. That 8 points is for a jacket potato weighed when COOKED (225gms) . Potatoes lose quite a bit of water when cooked. I weighed mine raw at 225gms and it works out as 5 propoints.

Some one please correct me if I'm wrong ;-) (please please please say I'm not!!!)

Check that potato on the website. That 8 points is for a jacket potato weighed when COOKED (225gms) . Potatoes lose quite a bit of water when cooked. I weighed mine raw at 225gms and it works out as 5 propoints.

Some one please correct me if I'm wrong ;-) (please please please say I'm not!!!)

it states on ww online 100g raw new potato = 2pp therefore 200g = 4pp and around 225/250g would be around 5pp :) .. well tech it's 4.5 :p but seeing as they have got rid of 0.5points then yep round up 5pp :D

susicab said:
Im quite enjoying the new plan (although I havent touched ONE BIT of fruit!), I feel full up, which is a first in a long time. When I updated my tracker on the website yesterday (which was still on Discover at the time), my 30 propoints equated to 18 normal points. So, it will be like being on a permanent Kickstart i suppose?

On the other hand, joined hubby up for the free 2 week online trial this morning just so i could work out how many propoints he needs, hes on 37, started to input everything he had eaten so far when he came home at lunchtime, then added a jacket potato (which has gone up from 3pts to approx 8!) as part of his dinner, this only left him with 7pp for the rest of the day... He wasnt happy at all, even after i explained he could take points from his weekly allowance. He has decided he prefers the old system as he can eat ww desserts til they come out of his ears, basically! But as he is always overeating his points anyway, i dont think the old plan suits him either....we shall see if i can convert him to propoints soon.......

Jackets on the tracker have changed from raw to cooked weight though. It is 8pp for a jacket which weighs 225g WHEN COOKED, but it will be much heavier raw as it loses moisture during cooking. A potato weighing 225g raw will have a value of 5pp (compared to 2.5pts on the old plan), so they have roughly doubled in points, not tripled.

susicab said:

Maybe it's best for him to add 7 points onto his daily allowance and forget about the weekly, then he can save up to 7 points a day if he wants.

I am glad I read this thread, I love jacket potato and pointed yesterday at 8 when now I think it should have been 5 yay, that's 3 pp I saved! That's a curly wurly!

lostkelly said:
I am glad I read this thread, I love jacket potato and pointed yesterday at 8 when now I think it should have been 5 yay, that's 3 pp I saved! That's a curly wurly!

See that's my kinda thinking haha :)

Back