low cal recipes, and lots of them.

clairepbear

Hello everyone, I am currently doing an NVQ level2 in professional cookery and will be posting low cal dinners on here for you all to see. Much love x

Thanks hun :)

Ok so heres the first recipe

Chicken Korma (yes you can have curry)

Serves 4 (means you can freeze some for a later date)

Diced Chicken 800g
Grated ginger 20g
Low fat Natural Yoghurt 120ml
Onion 100g
Mild chillies 2
Garlic 1 clove
Fry light
Ground coriander 10g
Garam Masala 10g
Ground tumeric 10g
Chicken stock 120ml
Coconut milk 100g
Ground almonds (optional) 40g
Lemon Juice 1/2 a lemon
Salt n pepper

Method
1, Mix the chicken with the ginger and yoghurt and marinate for at least 2 hours.

2, Finely chop the onion, garlic and chilliesand sweat off with fry light.

3, Remove from the pan and puree

4, Add the spices to the pan with another spritz or 2 of fry light and cook until they release there frangrance.

5, Add the chicken and cook on a low heat for a few mins.

6, Add the puree and cook for a further 5-6 mins.

7, Stir in the stock and coconut milk, season with salt and pepper and continue to simmer for a further 15mins

8, Stir in the almonds and lemon juice and serve.

Rather than serving this dish with rice, serve with cauliflour rice. Basically get a head of cauliflour and blitz untill it looks like rice, then blitz in the microwave for a few mins untill soft.

This recipe should be divided into 4 portions and each portion contains roughly 420kcals. And its yummy !

Recipe Number 2

As it is winter and getting chilly i thought i would post a simple vegetable soup recipe. Cant beat it really.

Carrots 80g
Onion 80g
Leeks 80g
Celery 80g
Turnip 40g
Vegetable stock 1 litre
Salt and pepper
Bouquet garni
Flora cuisine
Wholemeal Flour 40g

1, Wash, peel and re-wash your veg
2, Roughly chop all the veg and sweat them off in some flora cuisine untill soft and translucent. Don not let them colour.
3, Add the flour to make a loose roux, again without adding colour during the cooking process, and allow to cool slightly.
4, Add the stock and bring to the boil.
5, Add the bouquet garni and allow to simmer for 45 mins, skimming the top when necessary.
6, Remove the boquet garni and using a hand blender blitx until smooth.
7, If you have one then pass the soup through a chinois if not it doesnt really matter.
8, Return to a clean saucepan and bring back to the boil, adjusting the seasoning where you deem necessary.

This soup is 4 portions and when divided so, it will contain 175kcals each portion.

Im gonna go to bed now but will try and post some more 2maro x

Hmm sound fab! What purpose does the flour serve in the soup? Could it be omitted? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Might give that soup a go! Thanks!

To be honest it probably can be omitted, its to make a roux and thats to thicken the soup. Had a long day today so haven't added any more recipies but i will soon x

When I make vegetable soup to thicken I just blend half of the soup, no need for flour x

I made this chicken korma today! And it was amazing!

Does it taste like propper takeaway korma? I've had ones from morrisons and they taste nothing like a takeaway one, they lack the sweetness :(

clairepbear said:
Ok so heres the first recipe

Chicken Korma (yes you can have curry)

Serves 4 (means you can freeze some for a later date)

Diced Chicken 800g
Grated ginger 20g
Low fat Natural Yoghurt 120ml
Onion 100g
Mild chillies 2
Garlic 1 clove
Fry light
Ground coriander 10g
Garam Masala 10g
Ground tumeric 10g
Chicken stock 120ml
Coconut milk 100g
Ground almonds (optional) 40g
Lemon Juice 1/2 a lemon
Salt n pepper

Method
1, Mix the chicken with the ginger and yoghurt and marinate for at least 2 hours.

2, Finely chop the onion, garlic and chilliesand sweat off with fry light.

3, Remove from the pan and puree

4, Add the spices to the pan with another spritz or 2 of fry light and cook until they release there frangrance.

5, Add the chicken and cook on a low heat for a few mins.

6, Add the puree and cook for a further 5-6 mins.

7, Stir in the stock and coconut milk, season with salt and pepper and continue to simmer for a further 15mins

8, Stir in the almonds and lemon juice and serve.

Rather than serving this dish with rice, serve with cauliflour rice. Basically get a head of cauliflour and blitz untill it looks like rice, then blitz in the microwave for a few mins untill soft.

This recipe should be divided into 4 portions and each portion contains roughly 420kcals. And its yummy !

Will be making this :)

Back